N'Keal Harry vs Bryan Edwards

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

N'Keal Harry vs Bryan Edwards

Postby halfbaked88 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:19 pm

Which player would you rather have in dynasty?

Edwards has an open path to the WR1 for the Raiders now that Agholor is gone. (I'm a major Ruggs doubter)

Coincidentally, does Agholor (and the TEs) to the Patriots kill N'Keal Harry's chances to finally put together a good season?

Is Harry+a 2022 3rd too much to trade for B. Edwards?

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: N'Keal Harry vs Bryan Edwards

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:14 pm

Edwards seems like a decent gamble now. Neither have done anything and are big question marks. Harry really needs the trade rumors to become reality. I'm not sure the Harry offer would be enough since Edwards is an unknown, so could in theory be much better.

I still have some belief in Harry but he needs out of New England. Newton is a terrible passer and no catcher can be successful with him based on last year.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:49 pm

Edwards. It's not much but he still has some value after a bad rookie year and will be seen as a DJ Chark like breakout if he steps up next year

N'Keal Harry from now on will get the Devante Parker treatment of skepticism

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:45 am

I would rather gamble on Edwards. I think Ruggs has far more NFL value than fantasy value as a field stretcher and big play threat, which actually help Edwards if he can get the looks.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:38 pm

I don't think that offer would get you Edwards with most owners. I drafted Edwards and was very disappointed, but it does appear the team is ready to give him the shot at WR1 this year. I prefer Edwards.
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6

d3sp3rad0
Rookie
Rookie

Postby d3sp3rad0 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:47 pm

Yeah I’d happily shoot that shot if that gets it done somehow. In my heart of hearts I still believe in Harry (hoping against hope), but playing probability here Edwards seems like the guy you’d rather have for upside.

That being said, if I were the Edwards owner, the 22 3rd wouldn’t be enough for me.
LOS DESPERADOS

2020 startup / 2020 champion

10 team | half-PPR | 1QB | 6-pt pass TD

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB: Dak, Tua, Stafford, Tannehill, Purdy
RB: Saquon, Ekeler, D. Montgomery, Miles Sanders, Kamara, Gainwell, Cordarrelle, D. Henderson, Mark Ingram, Chase Edmonds, Boston Scott, Jordan Mason, Mike Boone
WR: Tyreek, Amari, D.J. Moore, Aiyuk, Jeudy, A. Robinson, Van Jefferson, Laviska, Odell, Hamler, D. Mims,
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Everett, Albert O., O.J. Howard

Taxi: Dyami, Tylan W.

2023 picks: 2.01 (11), 2.05 (15), 3.01 (21), 4.06 (36), 5.04 (44)

MaddMadden
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MaddMadden » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:05 pm

I think Harry needs a trade, and as a Pats fan I think Bill is too proud to sell a 1st rounder for at most a 4th. Then again, he's cut a half dozen 2nd rounders in years 2/3.

As an Edwards owner I am patient. He's a guy with pretty big potential, not that Harry doesn't have huge potential in his own right.

Realistically, neither has a big sample. Harry was on IR most of his rookie year, then had Cam's wet noodle of an arm throwing balls into the ground. That said, he was CLEARLY passed on the depth chart by Jakobi Myers and Damiere Byrd. Part of draft capital is the guarantee of opportunity. Unfortunately that doesn't ride in NE. With offseason additions and maybe the return of Edelman, Harry is the 4th receiver on an offense that will be running a lot of 21 sets still quarterbacked by Cam Newton. I'll pass.
10 team half-PPR league. Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX, K, 2DE, DT, 2LB, S, CB, 2IDP. 40man roster. Salary Cap pinned to NFL.

2022 picks: 1st, 3rd
2023 picks: 2 1st, 2 2nd, 3 3rd, 2 4ths

Players under contracts 2021 (years)
QB: K. Murray (3), T. Lance (4)
RB: S. Barkley (4), C. Edwards-Helaire (3+1), J. Jacobs (4), M. Davis (1), D. Henderson (1), AJ Dillon (3), Z. Moss (3), T. Pollard (2), T. Etienne (4)
WR: DK Metcalf (2), C. Ridley (2), T. McLaurin (2), J. Chase (4), R. Bateman (4), E. Moore (4), R. Moore (4), J. Reagor (3), B. Edwards (3), KJ Hamler (3)
TE: G. Kittle (3), A. Trautman (3)
K: Y. Koo (1)
DE: D. Hunter (1), C. Young (3+1), J. Bosa (2), J. Allen (2), K. Paye (4)
DT: A. Donald (2), Q. Williams (3)
LB: D. Leonard (2), R. Smith (3), F. Warner (3) P. Queen (3), I. Simmons (3), J. Davis (4)
S: D. James (2), R. Grant (4)
CB: K. Moore (2)

gman6199
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gman6199 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:55 pm

Both have a lot to prove and both have issues. Harry has had a few years in the league and has done nothing. There were doubts of him coming out of college and those doubters may be true. Furthermore, Harry doesn't have good separation skills and has been called out by Bill B on several occasions-NOT GOOD. Edwards would seem a better bet but his issue is that he tends to get a lot of nagging injuries and for the time being he will behind Waller in looks. It will be interesting to see how much of an impact John B will have on his minutes in 2021.

But to answer your question I would go with Edwards but as of now I wouldn't pay to much for him. Good luck!!!

logan_roy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby logan_roy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:48 pm

Edwards is on a team that needs a WR to step up, while Harry is on a team that spent money this offseason trying to improve the position. Even with the John Brown signing, I’m going Edwards

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:28 am

logan_roy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:48 pm Edwards is on a team that needs a WR to step up, while Harry is on a team that spent money this offseason trying to improve the position. Even with the John Brown signing, I’m going Edwards
Agree, I think the Brown signing is more an indication what the organization thinks of Ruggs then Edwards.