Alshon and Tate

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Alshon and Tate

Postby RB6 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:31 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:59 am
mild wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:19 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:47 am These are the kinds of guys I love adding to my roster. You can likely get both at very cheap prices, and you can add them as depth. If they go somewhere and get buried on the depth chart then you can drop them with little loss, but if they work their way into being a team’s WR2 or even WR3 for a team with a prolific passing game, they can be viable FF WR3s and bye week fillers.
Everything you wrote, except the opposite.

These are roster cloggers, and should be avoided by all but the juggernaut contenders in Dynasty. They won't appreciate in value, and the opportunity cost of owning them is the roster space you might have spent speculating on an asset that might gain value, and help you improve your team in the long run.

If you're at the end of your contention window and need a warm body to fill a space, then these are your guys. For any other owner though - you should be trying to find guys that will still be in the league in 2 years.
I guess it depends on roster sizes and starting requirements. If your 10 team league has tight rosters and only starts 2 WRs, I’d agree with your thoughts here. In our 14 team IDP league we carry 45 actives and can start up to 4 WRs. These older guys that can be rostered for next to nothing can have impact if they land in the right spot or catch a break on injured teammates.
I can start up to 7 WR in one league and I wouldn't waste a spot on Alshon. Tate, maybe.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:42 am

RB6 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:31 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:59 am
mild wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:19 pm

Everything you wrote, except the opposite.

These are roster cloggers, and should be avoided by all but the juggernaut contenders in Dynasty. They won't appreciate in value, and the opportunity cost of owning them is the roster space you might have spent speculating on an asset that might gain value, and help you improve your team in the long run.

If you're at the end of your contention window and need a warm body to fill a space, then these are your guys. For any other owner though - you should be trying to find guys that will still be in the league in 2 years.
I guess it depends on roster sizes and starting requirements. If your 10 team league has tight rosters and only starts 2 WRs, I’d agree with your thoughts here. In our 14 team IDP league we carry 45 actives and can start up to 4 WRs. These older guys that can be rostered for next to nothing can have impact if they land in the right spot or catch a break on injured teammates.
I can start up to 7 WR in one league and I wouldn't waste a spot on Alshon. Tate, maybe.
Well that’s fine. The top FA WRs in our league last year were Chad Hanson and Ja’Marcus Bradley. I’d rather roster Alshon and his possible upside than either of those guys. BTW - Alshon was rostered and continues to be rostered by a pretty savvy FF vet who was the runnerup to the champion last season, so clearly opinions differ.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:28 pm

If either are in your starting lineup by necessity in 2021, it's time for a rebuild.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:29 am

These guys are drops

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:30 am

Alshon has been coasting by on name recognition for a couple years now. Physically he just looks zapped, I don’t see him ever returning to fantasy relevance.
Tate has a chance I suppose, if he fell into a prime situation. Though I’d definitely put my money on him being on the free fall side of the cliff rather than the still ascending side, or admiring the peak.
It’s hard to see a situation where I would want to roster Alshon. Maybe if you have an open spot and think you can pawn him off on that still recognizable name power. But I wouldnt expect to be getting any production out of him. I would have an easier time rostering Tate if I had an open spot, but only in that scenario. I certainly wouldn’t pay a dime in trade value for either one.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:43 am

Alshon and Tate
sounds like a brand of polo shirts.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:19 pm

Does not look good for either currently.