Clyde Edwards-Helaire

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
MaddMadden
Role Player
Role Player

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Postby MaddMadden » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:31 pm

It was a disappointing fantasy season for the rookie who went 1.01 in many leagues. L. Bell on a value deal cut into his workload, and he had a mysterious illness in one game before missing 3 games, including 1 playoff game, due to injury.

My biggest observations were a lack of involvement in the passing game, especially on 3rd down, and lack of productivity in short yardage and goal line. Obviously these cap value, but given his skillset and a full offseason, you'd have to figure involvement in the passing game will increase and he will have "better luck" finding paydirt in the NFLs most potent offense.

Thoughts on CEH?
10 team half-PPR league. Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX, K, 2DE, DT, 2LB, S, CB, 2IDP. 40man roster. Salary Cap pinned to NFL.

2022 picks: 1st, 3rd
2023 picks: 2 1st, 2 2nd, 3 3rd, 2 4ths

Players under contracts 2021 (years)
QB: K. Murray (3), T. Lance (4)
RB: S. Barkley (4), C. Edwards-Helaire (3+1), J. Jacobs (4), M. Davis (1), D. Henderson (1), AJ Dillon (3), Z. Moss (3), T. Pollard (2), T. Etienne (4)
WR: DK Metcalf (2), C. Ridley (2), T. McLaurin (2), J. Chase (4), R. Bateman (4), E. Moore (4), R. Moore (4), J. Reagor (3), B. Edwards (3), KJ Hamler (3)
TE: G. Kittle (3), A. Trautman (3)
K: Y. Koo (1)
DE: D. Hunter (1), C. Young (3+1), J. Bosa (2), J. Allen (2), K. Paye (4)
DT: A. Donald (2), Q. Williams (3)
LB: D. Leonard (2), R. Smith (3), F. Warner (3) P. Queen (3), I. Simmons (3), J. Davis (4)
S: D. James (2), R. Grant (4)
CB: K. Moore (2)

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:35 pm

I'm not crazy about CEH and dont view him as a heavy workload back, but I would only move him for an early 1st. Anything mid to late is worth seeing how he develops on a top offense. I would move him for the rights to: Chase, Harris, Smith or Waddle in a 1 QB league. Landing spots are some what important, but overall from a pure prospect level, I like all four much more.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:22 pm

CEH was my RB5 prospect in the 2020 draft. Landing spots always change these things to an extent, but undeniable talent will find a way. Evidenced by Taylor, Swift, and Dobbins all being drafted to far less ideal situations (at least for immediate production), but showing far better than CEH late in the season. I too would rather have one of Harris, Etienne, Chase, or Smith over CEH.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:16 am

MaddMadden wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:31 pm given his skillset and a full offseason, you'd have to figure involvement in the passing game will increase
helaire got slightly more than 4 targets per game the past season. the last KC back that got more than 4 targets per game was jamaal charles in 2013, so i don't think he has a lot of room for improvement in number of targets.

vtejrep
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby vtejrep » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:42 am

CEH, like all rookies, had a difficult time adjusting to the Pro game. But he wasn't alone. None of the other "Top 5 RB's" J.Taylor, Akers, Dobbins or Swift accomplished much until the final third of the season. CEH was hurt when the others picked it up.
Bottom line: CEH is fine and needs to work on some things, mainly short yardage and pass protection. Once he is trusted to protect KC's 500M asset, he'll be the man on third downs. His greatest asset is his ability to catch and run routes and he'll have huge improvement there in 2021.

DYNASTY BALLA$
Starter
Starter

Postby DYNASTY BALLA$ » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:31 pm

I saw the writing on the wall during the 2020 draft when the Chiefs or Andy Reid cited Mahomes as requesting "Clyde" and made it sound like that was why they chose him at 32 overall. What was the purpose of them citing the request for Clyde on Mahomes, plausible deniability or ?? Just saying.. I was much higher on Swift and JT as were most others and surprised someone of Mahomes caliber wouldn't have requested one of them over CEH. Whatever the case, CEH is in a prime position to succeed and will get every opportunity moving forward.
FFPC $2500 #6 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5
QB: Josh Allen
RB: CMC, Zeke, Spears, Mattison, Justice Hill
WR: Kupp, Tyreek, Diggs, DSmith, MWilliams
TE: Andrews, Ferguson

FFPC $2500 #5 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5 (2021 Champ)
QB: Josh Allen
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Ekeler, Monty, Achane,
WR: Kupp, Pittman, Amari, Ridley, Lockett
TE: Andrews, Ferguson

FFPC $750 #46 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5
QB: Mahomes
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Saquon, Kyren, Javonte
WR: Tyreek, Kupp, Waddle, Wan'Dale
TE: Hock, LaPorta

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:51 pm

Highly drafted rookie RB comes in and puts up 1000 yards on solid efficiency despite having his season cut short and still gets called "underwhelming" for not being CMC out of the gate

No one who drafted CEH high last year (had him as my RB2/3) and took him at 1.3 and 1.2 is selling him for a late 1st or some of the other trash offers considered "fair" because he had an excellent rookie year

I would take him (or any of the top 6 RBs from last year) over any RB in this underwhelming RB class with the possible exception of Najee depending on destination (seriously doubt Etienne even has a 1000 yard season his whole career let alone as a rookie)

If the Chiefs had used him more in the Super Bowl they at least score a touchdown--at the bare minimum