Swift vs Gibson

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who will be the better RB (Dynasty 1-pt PPR)?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:33 am

D'Andre Swift
77%
Antonio Gibson
23%

Total votes: 13

gman6199
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Swift vs Gibson

Postby gman6199 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:33 am

In a dynasty league 1-pt PPR who has a better outlook to produce. Obviously Swift was a more productive RB in college but there is no denying that Gibson has talent. Team wise both are in a similar position: a team with a new coach, a team that is a bottom feeder and I 'm sure now with Detroit Swift will be their main RB!!! Are they both equal and will both will be productive? Or is one better then the other?

In this league, going into 2021, I currently roster Dobbins and Gibson and plan on drafting another rookie RB with my early 1st RD pick and go WR with my mid 2nd rd pick. I've been offered Swift straight up and was wondering what my fellow DLF pundits think? Please explain your like for your RB. Thanks

QB: BIG BEN, BRIDGEWATER, HURTS
RB: DOBBINS, GIBSON, MICHEL, INGRAM, EDWARDS, MCKISSIC, MCKINNON, FREEMAN, HOWARD, FOREMAN, WILKINS
WR: GOLLIDAY, OBJ, JEUDY, CROWDER, R. ANDERSON, PITTMAN, SLAYTON, CAMPBELL, G. DAVIS, A. TATE, CALLAWAY, J ROSS
TE: EBRON, THOMAS, BRYANT
K: TUCKER
DEF: PITTSBURG

I think I'll be able to be more competitive in 2021 and a contender in 2022 with a good 2021 and 2022 draft..

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Swift vs Gibson

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:00 am

Both players look like fantastic assets, but I would lean Swift in a full PPR league. I think he will have a higher ceiling as he grows more and more into a pure dual threat back. I don't know if he will reach CMC production, but I view his workload potentially getting to a similar type.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:20 am

I can't believe I am writing this, but I'd rather have Gibson. Riverboat Ron is feeding him as a rookie, he doesn't do that. I don't think his role has any chance of lowering. With a new regime coming into Det, you never know on Swift
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:34 am

I prefer Gibson, though they may have similar potentials.

But looking at the trade - if he offered Swift straight up for Gibson, he obviously prefers Gibson. If you have them ranked close enough to each other, I would counter and ask for something added to the deal - perhaps a later draft pick, a draft pick upgrade, or a depth player tossed in.

Good luck!
-oo-

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:55 pm

Both are good players and will be good fantasy RBs.
Team wise, they are no where near the same situation as OP stated. Gibson is Washington preferred RB and Rivera has a history of feeding his top RB, Gibson already is producing TDs and we know he has pass catching skills.
Swift could be in a full up RBBC next year and not the goal line back, he could play with a new QB with a young QB that doesn't check it down to his RBs. Swift situation is certainly a lot more muddy than Gibson's.
Talent, I'd take Swift, but they are close enough that I'd probably prefer Gibson and his situation over Swift.

DYNASTY BALLA$
Starter
Starter

Postby DYNASTY BALLA$ » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:26 pm

Swift for me, all day long. I'd be happy to have Gibson but he reminds me of David Johnson for some reason
FFPC $2500 #6 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5
QB: Josh Allen
RB: CMC, Zeke, Spears, Mattison, Justice Hill
WR: Kupp, Tyreek, Diggs, DSmith, MWilliams
TE: Andrews, Ferguson

FFPC $2500 #5 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5 (2021 Champ)
QB: Josh Allen
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Ekeler, Monty, Achane,
WR: Kupp, Pittman, Amari, Ridley, Lockett
TE: Andrews, Ferguson

FFPC $750 #46 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5
QB: Mahomes
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Saquon, Kyren, Javonte
WR: Tyreek, Kupp, Waddle, Wan'Dale
TE: Hock, LaPorta