Dobbins Hype?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
BHerm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Dobbins Hype?

Postby BHerm24 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:55 am

So I am curious why the Dobbins Hype is so high? The talent is there I will agree but to be top tier in fantasy you need more than talent. His situation isn't ideal to me. Yes ravens are run heavy but I see Ingram taking majority of touches and view Ingram as a pretty durable back. Also L-Jax will also bite into Dobbins workload, so what am I not seeing? I'm not saying I am right or wrong just trying to understand what people are seeing that I am not.
Team #1 - 12 team 6pts all TDs PPR and 0.2 PPC. Keep Starting lineup everyone else gets thrown in for redraft
Start 1 QB,1 RB,2 WR, 1TE, 2 Flex

My Starting Lineup
QB: R. Wilson
WR: D.J. Moore
WR: Hopkins
RB: Joe Mixon
WR/RB/TE: Antonio Gibson
WR/RB/TE: Nick Chubb
TE: Dallas Goedert

Team #2 - Full Dynasty 12 Team PPR 20 player rosters

QBs: Kyler Murray, Matt Stafford
RBs: Kamara, Dobbins, Edmonds, Penny, Pollard, A. Mattison
WRs: Tyreek, DHop, AJB, OBJ, Jeudy, Denzel Mims, Bryan Edwards, Collin Johnson, Donovan People-Jones, Preston Williams, Curtis Samuel
TEs: Kittle, Goedert, Logan Thomas

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Dobbins Hype?

Postby Packerland » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:03 am

In Dynasty there is definitely a lot to love. Next year there's no guarantee Ingram will be back and he's already on the wrong side of 30. Throw in the fact that he's a 2nd round pick, excellent SPARQ athlete, and has a 2,000 yard college season under his belt. If you're just looking at this year's potential for Dobbins then you're not in the Dynasty mindset.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:48 am

I think a lot of the Dobbins hype is forward thinking. He looks like a great dynasty prospect and Ingram is getting old. Plus the Baltimore system is geared so much toward the run.

bsacks13
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bsacks13 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:49 am

I agree with all the above. The hype around Dobbins is IMO coming from Dynasty owners. I myself drafted him in the rookie draft 4th overall and was happy to get him. With that being said I don't expect him to do much this year. I think he will fit well in BAL offense and as the seasons go by Lamar will run less and less. We see this with just about every mobile QB ever. If you are drafting Dobbins you are not doing it for this year, you're doing it for what he could/is going to do next year and beyond.
Team 1
Behind The Wall Fantasy Football League
10 Team 1pt PPR. Dynasty League Format.
Gotham City Jokers: 2022 0-0
QB: P. Mahomes, K. Cousins
RB: J. Mixon, J.K. Dobbins, B. Hall, J. Taylor, S. Perine, R. Johnson
WR: C. Kupp, M. Pittman, J. Jeudy, M. Thomas, A. Pierce, A. Thielen, J. Hyatt
TE: T. Kelce, E. Engram, L. Musgrave
DST: BUF, LAC

Team 2
Graterford FFL
12 Team. Standard Scoring - Redraft - Up to 2 Keepers - Must have 2 Kickers and 2 DST rostered.
1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DST
Jokers: 2022 0-0
QB: L. Jackson
RB: A. Ekeler, N. Chubb, J. Williams, D. Harris
WR:M. Pittman, D. Smith, M. Brown, E. Moore, J. Hyatt
TE: D. Goedart, C. Kmet, L. Musgrave
K: H. Butker, M. Gay
DST: DAL, NO

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:59 pm

Ingram is durable, but once Dobbins gets his footing in the league, Ingram will have a tough time holding off the more explosive, younger player. Jackson makes life easier for the RB. Improves his efficiency. Dobbins excelled in the read option style running game the Ravens run at Ohio St. It's a really good fit, on top of being in a great situation for a RB. Jackson freezes LB's. Dobbins, with his explosion, should thrive with that split second of hesitation Lamar creates on the LB's.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:59 pm

I'll never hesitate to double down on my favourite player in this draft. I'll take it further: I think this could be a new-age turbo-powered read-option Kamara-and-Ingram.

Ingram is a + athlete with power that nobody is confusing for an elusive runner in the veins of the Kamara's and CEH's (oh yes!) of the league. Ingram brings power, hits the hole hard, has a little breakaway to his game, and can also be caught. But what is created for him is created by the system - and by the hesitance that Lamar forces these defenses to play with. His speed as a rusher combined with his mastery of the option will force you to be wrong over half the time as a defender. It's quite literally: unfair.

Dobbins is going to flash when given these same opportunities - because I believe he possesses the same sort of agility as those elite receiving backs. It will represent an entirely new dimension to this rushing attack.

It may start slow - but every time he flashes you're going to wish you owned him. For a team that literally broke the old 70's record for rushing attempts last year - it would only take a few of the variables going in Dobbins favour for him to become a FLEX or better very fast.

That is, if he's as good as some of us think he is. :wink:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:15 pm

Dobbins Hype?

Dobbins Hype.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:44 pm

I agree with OP. Let's not forget Dobbins was the 5th RB drafted this season and the 6th RB who got picked 7 picks after him has nowhere near the hype he has. While Ingram is getting older he still is good and there's no reason the Ravens wouldn't resign him is he signs for a veteran RB salary right? He also got picked by the same team that Justice Hill got picked by and he got hyped up last offseason too. Even if he becomes the lead back Edwards is going to eat into those carries like we saw last season.

Is there potential? Yes, but at his current price I think I'll be missing this train I'd rather pay up for JT or CEH.

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:42 pm

LJax made Ingram hyper efficient last year but will that continue?
Bal seems content on some version of a 3 man committee, where 2 RBs get 80% of the work (just a guess).
Even if Ingram is gone next year, is Dobbins really going to produce like an elite RB1 like many are hyping him to be, while sharing the backfield with 2 other guys???
I like the guy and think he has talent ,but I am just not sure what kind of workload he is going to have. This not sure he is worth the hype he is getting. Like other have mentioned I think the extra price for CEH or JT is worth it.
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:02 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:44 pm I agree with OP. Let's not forget Dobbins was the 5th RB drafted this season and the 6th RB who got picked 7 picks after him has nowhere near the hype he has. While Ingram is getting older he still is good and there's no reason the Ravens wouldn't resign him is he signs for a veteran RB salary right? He also got picked by the same team that Justice Hill got picked by and he got hyped up last offseason too. Even if he becomes the lead back Edwards is going to eat into those carries like we saw last season.

Is there potential? Yes, but at his current price I think I'll be missing this train I'd rather pay up for JT or CEH.
The only problem being there is a significant jump to CEH and JT. Is anyone paying 2 1sta for Dobbins right now? Not saying he isnt worth it, just asking. So an early 1st(at this point he would be atleast 1.04 after CEH, JT and Lamb) for Dobbins or min 2 more 1sts for CEH or JT. Thats quite a bit extra. Maybe if contending go for it but rebuilding take the cheap option that coukd still be elite.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5