Juju or AJ Brown

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Eagles10
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Juju or AJ Brown

Postby Eagles10 » Thu May 14, 2020 3:34 pm

I own AJ Brown. I was offered Juju. Im afraid AJ and the titans wont be able to have the same efficiency like they had at the end of the year. Last year Juju was drafted as a top 3 Wr in most leagues. What are your guesses thoughts? Im torn

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Juju or AJ Brown

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu May 14, 2020 4:44 pm

Brown easily for me. I am completely out on Juju though. No excuse to finish below the Taylor Gabriels and Chris Conleys of the world like he did last year

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu May 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Roethlisberger will be back next year, but I think Brown is the perfect fit for a Ryan Tannehill led offense. I was always luke warm on Juju, so I’d probably go Brown, but I could see the argument either way.

Also, if he’s offering you WR for WR, both quite young, straight up, he clearly thinks your guy is better. I would demand a sweetener even if I leaned Juju.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu May 14, 2020 8:23 pm

I would still gamble on JuJu to rebound, but cant argue with what Brown did in year one as the teams top wr.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri May 15, 2020 2:14 am

Im taking Brown here, i dont think juju has the skills to lead a wr room so unless Pit acquires a real wr1 im pretty low on him
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri May 15, 2020 9:26 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:44 pm Brown easily for me. I am completely out on Juju though. No excuse to finish below the Taylor Gabriels and Chris Conleys of the world like he did last year
Really? None? I feel like he had a few good reasons...

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:48 am

Eagles10 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:34 pm I own AJ Brown. I was offered Juju. Im afraid AJ and the titans wont be able to have the same efficiency like they had at the end of the year. Last year Juju was drafted as a top 3 Wr in most leagues. What are your guesses thoughts? Im torn
Interesting offer. An approach I might take is:

If in multiple leagues, diversify a bit and try to have shares of both guys.

If in only one league, diversify across the Titans and Steelers offenses.

I'm guessing if there were a poll here it'd be fairly split and this could be a personal preference thing.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Eagles10
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Eagles10 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:58 pm

I ended up rejecting. I countered adding upgrades for Steelers D and Butcker compaired to my normal. Also i give two 4ths for his 3rd.
12 Team SF
Jimmy G, Lamar Fitz, Rosen, trubisky
Montgomery J. White, D. Harris, Malcolm brown, Henderson
Woods, Godwin, Hopkins, Aj Brown/b] Campbell, Sims, Josh Gordon
Fant OJ Howard
Fairbairn
Rams Jacksonville

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:27 am

Goddard wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:26 am
StripesOfKC wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:44 pm Brown easily for me. I am completely out on Juju though. No excuse to finish below the Taylor Gabriels and Chris Conleys of the world like he did last year
If you want to say QB play then go ahead:

Blind your eyes to Courtland Sutton producing with the corpse of Flacco and Brandon Allen, Kenny Golladay with David Blough and Jeff Driskel, DJ Moore with Kyle Allen and Will Grier, or Allen Robinson putting up WR1 seasons with Bortles and Trashbisky--and keep saying it's impossible for a WR to overcome bad QB play (it isn't). Even the commonly cited seasons I see like Hopkins 2016-17 with Brock--he finished WR27.

SIXTY ONE--that's Juju last year

Juju just isn't that good, and he shouted it loud and clear last year for those who were willing to listen with his play.
You can call the WR61 in PPG in half PPR last year anything you want: I call him not a WR1 in fantasy or real life. In fantasy not even sure I'd be comfortable with him as a WR2 after last year--considering he was not only unplayable but actually unrosterable in redrafts (as in if you took him in redraft your season was over the second you drafted him)

He has been a dynasty darling for years, so it's going to be quite a shock next year when Ben coming back doesn't magically turn the WR61 into a top 10 WR and you realize he is not an alpha WR. Hell...wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the 3rd round rookie on his own team who actually outproduced him last year takes the WR1 role and sends Juju into free agency without the Steelers trying to bring him back and to some desperate team trying to make a big name splash only to find out again as we did last year that he is not a WR1.

As for this question same as before:
AJ Brown in the first 6 games of his career with trash at QB (pre Tannehill) put up similar stats to (if not better than) Juju in his 3rd year with trash at QB

Brown if you want to win--now or later

Juju if you want to make excuses for why your "star" (lol) WR is getting outproduced by Tyrell Williams and John Ross

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:23 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:27 am

Blind your eyes to Courtland Sutton producing with the corpse of Flacco and Brandon Allen, Kenny Golladay with David Blough and Jeff Driskel, DJ Moore with Kyle Allen and Will Grier, or Allen Robinson putting up WR1 seasons with Bortles and Trashbisky--and keep saying it's impossible for a WR to overcome bad QB play (it isn't). Even the commonly cited seasons I see like Hopkins 2016-17 with Brock--he finished WR27.

Juju just isn't that good, and he shouted it loud and clear last year for those who were willing to listen with his play.
You can call the WR61 in PPG in half PPR last year anything you want: I call him not a WR1 in fantasy or real life. In fantasy not even sure I'd be comfortable with him as a WR2 after last year--considering he was not only unplayable but actually unrosterable in redrafts (as in if you took him in redraft your season was over the second you drafted him)

He has been a dynasty darling for years, so it's going to be quite a shock next year when Ben coming back doesn't magically turn the WR61 into a top 10 WR and you realize he is not an alpha WR. Hell...wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the 3rd round rookie on his own team who actually outproduced him last year takes the WR1 role and sends Juju into free agency without the Steelers trying to bring him back and to some desperate team trying to make a big name splash only to find out again as we did last year that he is not a WR1.

AJ Brown in the first 6 games of his career with trash at QB (pre Tannehill) put up similar stats to (if not better than) Juju in his 3rd year with trash at QB

Juju if you want to make excuses for why your "star" (lol) WR is getting outproduced by Tyrell Williams and John Ross
Ouch lol well said
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:47 am

I love the approach, but Juju hurt his toe in week 1. He seemed to be alright for the most part, but then tweaked it in the game against the Bengals (per rotoworld news at the time). To that point, he was on pace for 75 rec 1,296 yards 5 TDs. He was a game time decision going into the Ravens game. Apparently the toe injury was again making him questionable going into week ten against the Rams (again, this is documented at the time)

He then had the more well documented concussion and knee sprain that knocked him out for four games in week 12. It’s no sure thing, but its entirely possible that Juju fell off the map because he was hurt for most of the season. Given that the first three weeks were against the 49ers, Seahawks & Patriots, (two of those teams being top five against the pass) I’m willing to overlook the small sample size.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:06 pm

I think you might be being a little harsh, your points are all valid, but i think it just proves he's a better #2. the question around him should be, can the steelers find a #1 WR good enough to shoulder the burden of the defenses attention, AB's dont grow on trees, but we really dont know if juju needs an AB on the other side to be successful, or if he can get by with having like an Allen Robinson or something.

Next year is a super important year for him, if Diontae Johnson ends up playing a big time role, you might see a bit of a rebound year for juju
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:50 pm

ericanadian wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:47 am

I love the approach, but Juju hurt his toe in week 1. He seemed to be alright for the most part, but then tweaked it in the game against the Bengals (per rotoworld news at the time). To that point, he was on pace for 75 rec 1,296 yards 5 TDs. He was a game time decision going into the Ravens game. Apparently the toe injury was again making him questionable going into week ten against the Rams (again, this is documented at the time)

He then had the more well documented concussion and knee sprain that knocked him out for four games in week 12. It’s no sure thing, but its entirely possible that Juju fell off the map because he was hurt for most of the season. Given that the first three weeks were against the 49ers, Seahawks & Patriots, (two of those teams being top five against the pass) I’m willing to overlook the small sample size.
The injury is definitely a wild card that only Juju and coaches truly know the extent of or how it hampered him.

The pre Bengals game sample size is something I will point out though. Not only is it small-a. but it also seems to be skewed by one 76 yard TD on a broken play against the 49ers. Not saying those types of plays don't matter but besides that he had 2 Rec for 5 yards that game.

Maybe this is bitterness from someone who had Juju in redraft last year, but it did tell me that at this point he can only play the slot and not outside.

I agree with the post above that Diontae/Washington improving could give Juju a bump; but right now, it's so much uncertainty for me around the entire offense and his capabilities in it while his price hasn't corrected nearly enough in dynasty IMO.

I just can't put him above WRs who have produced with bad QB play and as the number 1 option on their team when he has done neither to this point

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:21 pm

I would not give much if anything on top of JuJu to get AJ Brown. I think both players have almost the exact same skill set but JuJu is going to get more targets this year if he stays healthy.
That being said, if I was an AJ Brown owner playing into the recency bias then I would need more to move him. This just doesn't seem to be a deal you make either way unless you have a clear preference because they are so extremely close.

gunfrees
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gunfrees » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:24 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:50 pm
The injury is definitely a wild card that only Juju and coaches truly know the extent of or how it hampered him.

The pre Bengals game sample size is something I will point out though. Not only is it small-a. but it also seems to be skewed by one 76 yard TD on a broken play against the 49ers. Not saying those types of plays don't matter but besides that he had 2 Rec for 5 yards that game.

Maybe this is bitterness from someone who had Juju in redraft last year, but it did tell me that at this point he can only play the slot and not outside.

I agree with the post above that Diontae/Washington improving could give Juju a bump; but right now, it's so much uncertainty for me around the entire offense and his capabilities in it while his price hasn't corrected nearly enough in dynasty IMO.

I just can't put him above WRs who have produced with bad QB play and as the number 1 option on their team when he has done neither to this point
I think it was a bit worse than bad qb play...
12 team dynasty | SF | 1 ppr

QBs: Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
WRs: Deebo, Godwin, Mbrown, JDowns
RBs: Chubb, Gibbs, Achane, K. Miller
TE: Okonkwo, Mayer

2024 1.03, 1.09
2025 early 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, early 2nd, 2nd
2026 early 1st, 1st, early 2nd
----------