Higgins or Mims?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Higgins or Mims?

Higgins
61%
Mims
39%

Total votes: 74

ekilla183
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Higgins or Mims?

Postby ekilla183 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:02 am

Sitting at 2.03 and love Pittman but thinking he may be gone by then. If that’s the case, who do you like more?
10 Team 1QB PPR, 12 Keepers
SWITCH TO SF IN 2025
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX

QB: Burrow, Watson, Lance, Purdey
RB: ETN, K. Mitchell, Ford, Dobbins, Gibson, Eli Mitchell, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Ceedee, DK, Tee, Eli Moore, Michael Wilson, Skyy, Demario Douglass, Boutte
TE: Hock, Dulcich

2024 Picks: 5 2024 1sts, my own picks in rounds 3-10

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Higgins or Mims?

Postby Gator Sens » Thu May 07, 2020 6:34 pm

Higgins. I love that he will learn from Green and grow with Burrow.

Rasorin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rasorin » Fri May 08, 2020 5:57 am

I have Mimms. Not sure if Higgins fits modern NFL schemes due to lack of speed and separation.

OSUHeisman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby OSUHeisman » Fri May 08, 2020 11:27 am

Higgins, went against much better competition and regardless of speed and separation he put up great numbers.
Team 1 (12 Team PPR) Year 9
QB: Rodgers, Cousins
RB: Burkhead, Henry, Howard, Hyde, Kerryon, CMC, Snell, Williams
WR: Keenan, Hollywood Brown, Fuller, Landry, Theilen, Michael Thomas
TE: Dissly, Doyle, Njoku

Team 2 (12 Team PPR) Year 3 Empire
QB: Brees, Darnold, Winston
RB: Barkley, Breida, Zeke, Gallman, A. Jones, Pollard
WR: Hollywood Brown, Amari, Crowder, Fuller, AJ Green, McLaurin, Westbrook
TE: Henry, Hockenson, Olsen

Team 3 (12 Team PPR) Year 8
QB: Cousins, Dalton, Haskins
RB: Conner, Edmonds, Gore, Hyde, Lindsay, Penny, Thompson
WR: Allison, OBJ, Hilton, Marv Jones, Pettis, Smith-Schuster, Stills, Woods
TE: Hockenson, Howard, Waller

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Fri May 08, 2020 2:00 pm

This is a tough call.
I love that Higgins gets to grow with a stud rookie QB and that he put up good numbers. The lack of separation skills does worry me.
Mims has the look of a #1 WR and his testing numbers are great. However I don't really see his speed and separation skills show up when I have watched him. I think Darnold is going to be really good but freaking Gase is his coach. After Gase gets fired will the next coach be invested in Mind??
All that said...I would take Higgins right now.
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 08, 2020 5:07 pm

Mims for me.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Wed May 27, 2020 9:38 pm

Mims. Higgins runs like he has cement blocks for feet.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:44 pm

Higgins, not close.

Mims was a second rounder (barely) because of his physical attributes, however, I’m not convinced he is particularly good at football. He’s a classic “get him in the building and we’ll teach him to play football” prospect, and I am generally never in on those types. Especially when the teacher is Adam Gase.

He’s being priced as if he is already the #1, but it wouldn’t be all that surprising to me if he never beats out Perriman, who is the better athlete and has shown he can actually play a little.

People in on Mims are in for a rough one when he barely sees the field this year. He’s a developmental guy.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed May 27, 2020 10:13 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:44 pm Higgins, not close.

Mims was a second rounder (barely) because of his physical attributes, however, I’m not convinced he is particularly good at football. He’s a classic “get him in the building and we’ll teach him to play football” prospect, and I am generally never in on those types. Especially when the teacher is Adam Gase.

He’s being priced as if he is already the #1, but it wouldn’t be all that surprising to me if he never beats out Perriman, who is the better athlete and has shown he can actually play a little.

People in on Mims are in for a rough one when he barely sees the field this year. He’s a developmental guy.
Take out the Gase part and substitute Lockett (a player far better than draft bust Perriman who showed nothing until the final two weeks last season) for Perriman and this sounds exactly like a certain player last year.

For my part, I say it's a coin flip. Got Mims in my rookie draft but Higgins went two picks prior. Would have had a decision on my hands if he fell

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 29, 2020 1:10 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:13 pm

Take out the Gase part and substitute Lockett (a player far better than draft bust Perriman who showed nothing until the final two weeks last season) for Perriman and this sounds exactly like a certain player last year.

For my part, I say it's a coin flip. Got Mims in my rookie draft but Higgins went two picks prior. Would have had a decision on my hands if he fell
Yeah, I don't agree with the analysis you are commenting on at all. He knows how to play football IMO, and he will see the field. The idea the HC teaches guys to play football, well, IDK what to really say about that. Perriman also isn't the better athlete, he's just faster. I think it's very close between the two, Mims and Higgins.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Yanxbolts
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Yanxbolts » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:07 am

So I had a choice between Higgins/Pittman and Mims at 2.04. I was hoping one fell to me, and then they all did. So I had to make a decision. I ultimately went with Higgins, since I think he will have the best QB over the next 5 years. I am not sold on Darnold. And what happens in Indianapolis in the future? I believe if their situation were all the same, I'd have went Pittman.

GOTGDynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GOTGDynasty » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:25 pm

This is really something I'm still digging deep into sitting on the 2.02 and 2.03 picks in a ten-team rookie draft. I have Higgins, Mims, Pittman and Shenault in the same tier. If one wants 2020 fantasy numbers, Pittman catching from Rivers opposite T.Y. Hilton reminds me of the kind of opportunity Malcolm Floyd had with the Chargers opposite V-Jax. If I'm weighing the QB each has over the mid- to long-term, Higgins being paired with Burrow seems the most solid bet, as some have already mentioned here. On total package of talent, Matt Waldman - whose skill at scouting prospects has always served me well, is highest on Mims. Last year he was high on A.J. Brown and a lot of folks didn't like his situation with Mariota and we all know now how once the QB changed the talent rose to the occasion. Of the four, Shenault feels like the odd man out, maybe that bumps him to the next tier. So I voted for Mims in the poll above but may well change my mind by the time the draft rolls around in August. Plan on watching more tape between now and then.

A related internal debate is what to do if both Higgins and Burrow are available in the early second round: pick one, pick the other, or stack them?
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Trey Lance, Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, James Conner, Travis Etienne, Tony Pollard, Brian Robinson.
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Godwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chase Claypool, Chris Olave, Odell Beckham, Josh Palmer
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Taysom Hill, Trey McBride, Isaiah Likely
PK: Nick Folk
(IDPs, start two per week per position):
DL: Danielle Hunter, Myles Garrett, Alex Highsmith, Aidan Hutchinson, Chase Young,
LB: Roquan Smith, C.J. Mosley, Logan Wilson, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoa
DB: Derwin James, Jeremy Chinn, Xavier McKinney, Jalen Pitre

* Ten team league started in 2014.
** 40 player roster, 30 Keepers per season.
*** Red denotes 2022 draft pickups.

flamingos
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby flamingos » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:26 pm

Give me Higgins, but I'm a little higher on him than most by having him as my WR3 in this class. I like his situation as well if you can be patient and wait out 2020. If AJ Green gets injured or gets traded, then he could prove to be a steal for 2020 with where he's going in drafts.
Orlando Flamingos (5-9)
12 Team, .5 PPR, 23 roster spots
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex
QBs - ARich, Bryce, Levis
RBs - Bijan, Ford, McLaughlin, Tucker, J. Mason, E. Gray, E. Wilson
WRs - Deebo, Tee, JSN, Shaheed, Pop Douglas, Elijah Moore, Treylon, M. Wilson, Mooney, Wicks, Bateman
TEs - Pitts, Woods

2019 Champions

Draft Picks
2024 - 1.02, 1.08, 1.09, 2.11
2025 - 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd
2026 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:57 pm

How exactly is a player who logged significantly more yardage than the other player with a way worse QB a “get in the building and teach him to play football all” prospect while the other is a polished product?

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:17 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:57 pm

How exactly is a player who logged significantly more yardage than the other player with a way worse QB a “get in the building and teach him to play football all” prospect while the other is a polished product?
I don’t care about college stats, they are pretty meaningless to me.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x