Let’s settle it: CEH or JT

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Which player would you rather own in dynasty?

Poll ended at Sat May 02, 2020 6:35 am

Clyde Edwards-Helaire
47%
Jonathan Taylor
53%

Total votes: 146

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Let’s settle it: CEH or JT

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:35 am

Which fantasy asset would you rather have? No disrespect to Dobbins or Swift, or even Lamb, all of whom I’m sure are somebody’s 1.01. I’m just trying to answer a very specific question.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Let’s settle it: CEH or JT

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:38 am

CEH. Playing with Mahomes and that offense is too much to pass up.

JT is a close second and I wouldn't blame anyone for preferring him.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:41 am

JT. Better measurables and overall athletic profile along with a great offensive line. His situation is a lot like Zeke’s coming into the league.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:03 am

JT. Both went to very good situations for them and I had JT the #1 before the draft. CEH closes the gap for me because of the floor and potential in his situation.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:05 am

I think Taylor is the better long-term play. I don't think CEH is so talented that he'll prevent the team from spending high on another RB down the line.

The Chiefs are the better situation though.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:19 am

I had CEH rated higher to begin with so not changing now.
He is closer to a CMC type player. Power, wiggle, burst, and really good catching passes. Long speed is an issue but not much of an issue on team with massive speed all over the field.

Taylor may be closer to a D Henry type player. Taylor has good power, not great at catching passes , great speed, some ball security issues.

Both have skill and went to good situations but not close to me for Fantasy given my lopsided PPr projections. Figure plus 30 catches easily for CEH which is 5 TD's worth of fantasy points before yardage and actual TD's.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:27 am

Today? This year? Career?

Ppr? Ppc? Standard?

Can't go wrong either way, they both went to very good spots and look like very low bust rates.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

chubnubbin
Starter
Starter

Postby chubnubbin » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:02 am

Ceh. I couldn't think of a better situation for him. I watched every game he played in last year and he is so strong, shifty, and is a very good receiver for a back. He's going to be a ppr stud.

Ignore the LSU avatar, I'm not biased at all.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:08 am

Non-PPR I think JT because of the front line. He will score many TDs. PPR would even it out though.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:11 am

It comes down to personal preference but it's CEH pretty easily for me. Granted I've been very high on him for months, but Andy Reid the RB whisperer taking him higher than he's ever taken a RB was all the affirmation I needed on that view. Then you add on top that he is in the best and most perfectly suited offense for him imaginable.

I like JT a lot, but there are enough questions about how much he will be used in the passing game (JT wasn't a bad receiver in college, but Mack was a better receiver than him and he still wasn't used in the passing game at all in Indy) to make me pretty wary of him for fantasy purposes in the modern NFL.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:37 am

I’ve got 1.02 and I’m hoping I get CEH, but I’m not counting on it. Receiving work is king.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:45 am

This is a rare instance where I think it strongly depends on the type of team you have. I said JT needed to get drafted to a team that can wait for him to develop and he did. I don't think he'll produce well in 2020 but that's fine since 2021 and beyond is where he'll shine (assuming he learns all the things he needs to).

If I am competing this year: I'd take CEH
If I am rebuilding this year: I'd take JT

I wouldn't want to take JT on a team that needed players to make a run at the championship, and I wouldn't want a guy like CEH on a rebuilding team who will make me score points and win games when I'm not ready to do so.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:49 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:45 am This is a rare instance where I think it strongly depends on the type of team you have. I said JT needed to get drafted to a team that can wait for him to develop and he did. I don't think he'll produce well in 2020 but that's fine since 2021 and beyond is where he'll shine (assuming he learns all the things he needs to).

I wouldn't want to take JT on a team that needed players to make a run at the championship, and I wouldn't want a guy like CEH on a rebuilding team who will make me score points and win games when I'm not ready to do so.
How do you feel about dobbins/swift? Both walking into run first offenses with good olines and solid competition for touches, but a fairly clear path to being the guy. They were higher than JT and CEH for you pre draft, just wondering your take
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:57 am

nathanq42 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:49 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:45 am This is a rare instance where I think it strongly depends on the type of team you have. I said JT needed to get drafted to a team that can wait for him to develop and he did. I don't think he'll produce well in 2020 but that's fine since 2021 and beyond is where he'll shine (assuming he learns all the things he needs to).

How do you feel about dobbins/swift? Both walking into run first offenses with good olines and solid competition for touches, but a fairly clear path to being the guy. They were higher than JT and CEH for you pre draft, just wondering your take
Dobbins landed in the better spot vs Swift. Running QBs always help RBs do well, and Ingram is 30 going on 31. Swift has guaranteed competition for a few years, and I don't love Matt Patricia as HC. He's been trying to generate competition at RB for Kerryone every season. I think he wants RBBC production.

I love the Dobbins spot, it's just a matter of beating Ingram for the job. Ingram has another 2 years on his deal... eh...

CEH is looking better by the minute. JT too.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:23 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:57 am
nathanq42 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:49 am

Dobbins landed in the better spot vs Swift. Running QBs always help RBs do well, and Ingram is 30 going on 31. Swift has guaranteed competition for a few years, and I don't love Matt Patricia as HC. He's been trying to generate competition at RB for Kerryone every season. I think he wants RBBC production.

I love the Dobbins spot, it's just a matter of beating Ingram for the job. Ingram has another 2 years on his deal... eh...

CEH is looking better by the minute. JT too.
I believe you mean Swift has competition for a few games every year.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker