Let’s settle it: CEH or JT

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Which player would you rather own in dynasty?

Poll ended at Sat May 02, 2020 6:35 am

Clyde Edwards-Helaire
47%
Jonathan Taylor
53%

Total votes: 146

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Re: Let’s settle it: CEH or JT

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun May 03, 2020 6:32 pm

BeeziBad wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:59 pm
murphysxm wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:09 am
bjd5211 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:04 am
You can teach JT better ball security, you can't teach CEH to be 5'10 225lbs, run a 4.39 and have Quenton Nelson and the best OL in the league blocking for him.
Somebody won the internet today
58 posts and i read everyone of them.

just my .02, i'm on taylor and this amazing post is why^...but its close. long term, give me dobbins at 1.2.
And you can get all the yoga teachers in India, and they can't loosen up JTs hips or knees. The dude runs straight. He can't cut, juke, sink or spin. He better get college style lanes, cuz he ain't gonna make many guys miss. And most lineman and LBs can manhandle a 225 lb dude. This isn't 1990. 225 ain't big anymore.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 03, 2020 6:36 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:32 pm

just my .02, i'm on taylor and this amazing post is why^...but its close. long term, give me dobbins at 1.2.
And you can get all the yoga teachers in India, and they can't loosen up JTs hips or knees. The dude runs straight. He can't cut, juke, sink or spin. He better get college style lanes, cuz he ain't gonna make many guys miss. And most lineman and LBs can manhandle a 225 lb dude. This isn't 1990. 225 ain't big anymore.
The guy has the talent to lead the NFL in rushing. People are arguing apples and oranges with these 2. I want them both.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun May 03, 2020 7:07 pm

He also had the 4th best 3-cone drill among RBs, so he's not just the DK of RBs, but DK faired pretty well himself too.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 03, 2020 7:13 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:07 pm

He also had the 4th best 3-cone drill among RBs, so he's not just the DK of RBs, but DK faired pretty well himself too.
The NFL has also gotten faster, and in some cases smaller due to the increased passing in the league. Not sure to the average weight of LB's compared to 1990, but regardless, I haven't seen many cases of Saquon, Chubb or Zeke getting "manhandled" yet.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu May 07, 2020 12:25 pm

Taylor for me
I simply believe he is the type of player you can build an offense around and CEH is more of a complementary piece. In KC DWilliams role and usage may not change much at all and I believe Mack's will change considerably by mid-season if not sooner

Often when I am evaluating players (same position) I try to think if their situations were reversed who do I want.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 07, 2020 3:10 pm

I think if you did this poll in March, it would've been lopsided in Taylor's favor.

Not to imply that Edwards-Helaire lacks talent or ability, but situation is largely pumping up so much of his value right now. Granted, new information allows us to adjust, and CEH going into a optimal landing spot definitely helps him out. But, is he really a better player than Taylor, or many of the RBs going behind him? I don't know about that.

Long-term, I think Taylor is the better fantasy asset.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 07, 2020 4:03 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:10 pm I think if you did this poll in March, it would've been lopsided in Taylor's favor.

Not to imply that Edwards-Helaire lacks talent or ability, but situation is largely pumping up so much of his value right now. Granted, new information allows us to adjust, and CEH going into a optimal landing spot definitely helps him out. But, is he really a better player than Taylor, or many of the RBs going behind him? I don't know about that.

Pretty Obvious KC thinks CEH is the better back. Fantasy wise hard to say. I thought Swift was the best back but I am taking CEH at 1.1 due to landing spot.

Actually think CEH will be the better fantasy asset. I imagine the debate will rage for a few years on the top backs from this class.

Wouldn't be shocked if it's a different back that is ultimately the best fantasy back from this class.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu May 07, 2020 4:17 pm

Ice wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:03 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:10 pm I think if you did this poll in March, it would've been lopsided in Taylor's favor.

Pretty Obvious KC thinks CEH is the better back. Fantasy wise hard to say. I thought Swift was the best back but I am taking CEH at 1.1 due to landing spot.

Actually think CEH will be the better fantasy asset. I imagine the debate will rage for a few years on the top backs from this class.

Wouldn't be shocked if it's a different back that is ultimately the best fantasy back from this class.
We really just know that KC thought CEH would be a better fit in their offense than any other RB from this class.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Thu May 07, 2020 4:26 pm

For fantasy players yes, for NFL talent evaluators though? I'm not sure. It's pretty clear that fantasy scouts have consistently valued Taylor higher than the NFL.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 07, 2020 4:28 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:17 pm
Ice wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:03 pm

We really just know that KC thought CEH would be a better fit in their offense than any other RB from this class.
If you believe in any way KC thought Taylor was better then WOW..... NFL teams select their highest rated player ESPECIALLY if they play the same position.

That said, If it makes you feel somehow better to spin it that way then go for it! :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 07, 2020 4:31 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:26 pm

For fantasy players yes, for NFL talent evaluators though? I'm not sure. It's pretty clear that fantasy scouts have consistently valued Taylor higher than the NFL.
But, the question is...who is the better fantasy asset.

For a solid month, there was a thread about how Taylor was the no doubt about it 1.01. I did not see that thread for Edwards-Helaire.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu May 07, 2020 4:34 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:26 pm
Not really, he went right in the range he was being projected Late 1st - Early 2nd and was the 3rd RB off the board with all 3 being taken within 10 picks of each other. By that same logic I guess a lot of owners were over rating Dobbins too, he was the 5th RB taken and nearly made it into the 3rd round.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu May 07, 2020 7:34 pm

There's no doubt about CEH landing in a great situation. But let's not pretend that Taylor didn't land in an equally great situation that matches his running style. As far as draft capital and team situation, CEH and Taylor should be judged on an equal basis. But it's really a moot point, since in reality, they're both great.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 07, 2020 7:58 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:34 pm

There's no doubt about CEH landing in a great situation. But let's not pretend that Taylor didn't land in an equally great situation that matches his running style. As far as draft capital and team situation, CEH and Taylor should be judged on an equal basis. But it's really a moot point, since in reality, they're both great.
Agreed. I want to diversify between leagues, and get both.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu May 07, 2020 8:04 pm

Is anybody trying to to trade back from 1.01 to 1.02? I have a 1.03 in a heavy QB scoring Superflex and I’m thinking they’ll both be there. Right now I’m hoping to move back one spot.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF