Burrow vs. Tagovailoa

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Burrow vs. Tagovailoa

Postby Edgy68 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:57 pm

With these being the consensus top QBs in this draft, who goes 1.01 in a superflex and why?

Burrow impressed me throughout the year with his decision making, especially under pressure. His ability to extend plays with his legs or run when he had the chance was evident also. Add that he’s a more ideal height at QB and doesn’t have the injury history puts him over Tua as of now.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Burrow vs. Tagovailoa

Postby Krypto_King » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:28 pm

Burrows cause he drank more milk as a kid

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:42 pm

Burrow for all the reasons you stated. Can't ignore the season he had and how he did it. Beating 7 top 10 teams, and some really good D's along the way with some monster games, including the title game.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:54 pm

Burrow is definitely the safer choice. I think Tua is going to end up being either really good, maybe similar to a Russell Wilson or he will be a total bust, jmo.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:06 pm

Gotta be Burrow if only because of the injury risk right now with Tua.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:13 pm

Tua is safe in terms of talent.

His injuries are a definite red flag however
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:17 pm

Burrow for saftey, Tua for upside. I play in a couple SF leagues & wouldn't take either at 1.01 even in the SF format. It will surely depend on landing spot, but I just can't see myself passing on all of Jeudy, Lamb, Swift, Taylor and Dobbins. At least 1 or 2 or 3 will land in plumb situations. Not that I have the 1.01 anywhere, but I do have the 1.02 and 1.04 in SF leagues.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:27 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:17 pm Burrow for saftey, Tua for upside. I play in a couple SF leagues & wouldn't take either at 1.01 even in the SF format. It will surely depend on landing spot, but I just can't see myself passing on all of Jeudy, Lamb, Swift, Taylor and Dobbins. At least 1 or 2 or 3 will land in plumb situations. Not that I have the 1.01 anywhere, but I do have the 1.02 and 1.04 in SF leagues.
Right. Disregard that the two best QB prospects since Andrew Luck are coming out... Best SF advice I've seen on here in awhile.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Edgy68 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:57 pm With these being the consensus top QBs in this draft, who goes 1.01 in a superflex and why?

Burrow impressed me throughout the year with his decision making, especially under pressure. His ability to extend plays with his legs or run when he had the chance was evident also. Add that he’s a more ideal height at QB and doesn’t have the injury history puts him over Tua as of now.
I like Burrow better but don't think that height matters.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

ToddFarthouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ToddFarthouse » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:08 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:17 pm Burrow for saftey, Tua for upside. I play in a couple SF leagues & wouldn't take either at 1.01 even in the SF format. It will surely depend on landing spot, but I just can't see myself passing on all of Jeudy, Lamb, Swift, Taylor and Dobbins. At least 1 or 2 or 3 will land in plumb situations. Not that I have the 1.01 anywhere, but I do have the 1.02 and 1.04 in SF leagues.
Might not want to be handing out advice then.
Team 1
12 team Dynasty

Qb- Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers
Rb- Kamara, Chubb, Conner, Ingram, AP, Duke, Gio
Wr- Evans, Hopkins, Golladay, TY, AB, A. Wilson
Te- Olsen, Rudolph, Hollister

Team 2
12 team Dynasty

Qb- L. Jackson, Brady, Carr
Rb- Barkley, Kamara, Chubb, Guice, Breida
Wr- Adams, Evans, JuJu, Jeffery, Metcalf, Campbell
Te- Andrews, Goedert, Fant, Smith jr.

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:58 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:17 pm I play in a couple SF leagues & wouldn't take either at 1.01 even in the SF format.
In full ppr this past season Mike Evans and Hopkins averaged 18 ppg, and Dak and Stafford averaged 20 ppg. Now you have to factor in QB scarcity in SF, it's not even close who should be picked.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:57 pm

ToddFarthouse wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:08 pm
This is a galaxy-brained take, as if “owning early picks in a good class” makes you bad at the format? Yikes.

I think that the risk we’re not considering with Burrow is that he really wasn’t any good until his age 23 season and lost a job to Dwayne Haskins. He could still absolutely be great, but I think it’s worth considering their entire collegiate careers. I do think that Tua's floor is lower given the injuries.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:16 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:57 pm
This is a galaxy-brained take, as if “owning early picks in a good class” makes you bad at the format? Yikes.

I think that the risk we’re not considering with Burrow is that he really wasn’t any good until his age 23 season and lost a job to Dwayne Haskins. He could still absolutely be great, but I think it’s worth considering their entire collegiate careers. I do think that Tua's floor is lower given the injuries.
I don't think that comment was ment to imply he isnt good at the format. Rather that if he ranks Swift, Juedy or whoever over Burrow and is picking at 1.02 he should be letting everyone take Burrow at 1.01 instead of convincing them not to.
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:19 pm

PTW32 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:16 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:57 pm

I don't think that comment was ment to imply he isnt good at the format. Rather that if he ranks Swift, Juedy or whoever over Burrow and is picking at 1.02 he should be letting everyone take Burrow at 1.01 instead of convincing them not to.
Huh. I read it completely the opposite way. I see what you’re saying. Maybe I interpreted it wrong.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:55 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:27 pm
Right. Disregard that the two best QB prospects since Andrew Luck are coming out... Best SF advice I've seen on here in awhile.
Really sucks having the 1.01, 1.02, 1.04 and 1.07 in the first round of a SF best ball this year. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick