Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb who ya got?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb who ya got?

Postby Packerland » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:15 pm

Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb, who do you think will be the better pro? Who do you think they compare to?
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb who ya got?

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:16 pm

Love them both, neither have many cons but I think Jeudy will be a monster. Very special player. I'm currently trying to get the 1.01 and another earlier pick to land both or Jeudy and Higgins.

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:29 pm

Yea I like both as well but have always been a bit higher on JJ. I think I'm going to grab him and either Swift or Taylor in this draft. Wish I could find a way to acquire another top 5 pick.

Picks:

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:08 am

Packerland wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:29 pm Yea I like both as well but have always been a bit higher on JJ. I think I'm going to grab him and either Swift or Taylor in this draft. Wish I could find a way to acquire another top 5 pick.
Ditto, love them both and depends on landing spot and who is slinging them the rock. Something about Lamb that puts him a bit higher. Not as much talent around him and he just goes off constantly. This weekend will be fun to watch all these guys.

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:45 pm

Lamb looked good on that 51 yard bomb! I know it was caught on the safety so I'm interested to see how he does against Stingley who's a top 5 pick in 2 years and Fulton who is a first rounder as well. I like JJ now but I think this game could make me question that.

Picks:

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:30 am

was super high on Jeudy for the longest time, no question.....Lately I've really started to like Lamb. don't think you could go wrong tbh, watching film I just see Lamb consistently being more physical after the catch and getting that Yac. My concern with Jeudy is his small frame, and he always seems to go down when he's touched, his overuse of stutters and fakes will get him killed at the next level.

Like I said, you can't go wrong, and if Juedy is on the board when your picking, you have to take him just for the upside. But I wouldn't sell the house to get him over lamb
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:44 am

ThunderTung wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:30 am was super high on Jeudy for the longest time, no question.....Lately I've really started to like Lamb. don't think you could go wrong tbh, watching film I just see Lamb consistently being more physical after the catch and getting that Yac. My concern with Jeudy is his small frame, and he always seems to go down when he's touched, his overuse of stutters and fakes will get him killed at the next level.

Like I said, you can't go wrong, and if Juedy is on the board when your picking, you have to take him just for the upside. But I wouldn't sell the house to get him over lamb
I agree. From a pure route running standpoint he's much better than Lamb but Lamb doesn't ever seem to drop passes and makes a lot of contested catches and is tough to bring down. I have always been a Jeudy guy but I'm starting to think differently as many people are getting the Hopkins or Adams vibes from Lamb. I think it will come down to combine numbers and eventually landing spot for me.

Picks:

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:26 pm

Like the last poster, I have always favored Jeudy, but Lamb has just been so impressive with contested catches, YAC. Both are about the same size though, both 6'1. Jeudy is listed at 195 and Lamb at 185. Lamb is the better tackle breaker though.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:34 pm

The.Big.Spank wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:26 pm Like the last poster, I have always favored Jeudy, but Lamb has just been so impressive with contested catches, YAC. Both are about the same size though, both 6'1. Jeudy is listed at 195 and Lamb at 185. Lamb is the better tackle breaker though.
definitely, biggest thing come draft day will be the landing spot for me, having 1.02 ill get a shot at least one of them, but if juedy ends up going to like oakland or something that might be the final thing that sways me towards lamb
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:31 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:26 pm Like the last poster, I have always favored Jeudy, but Lamb has just been so impressive with contested catches, YAC. Both are about the same size though, both 6'1. Jeudy is listed at 195 and Lamb at 185. Lamb is the better tackle breaker though.
Considerations with the offense they have both played in, I tend to lean towards Lamb. But man Jeudy is something else! Getting my combine and draft day popcorn ready already.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:38 am

Lamb reminds me a lot of Anthony Carter of Michigan, for those of you old enough to remember. He too was slight of frame, but just played much bigger than what he was.

My mind says he is not big enough to do what he does with contested catches and breaking tackles, yet he keeps doing it over and over again in double and triple coverage. To me, what Lamb is able to do on the field does not match his body size, but yet, he does, over and over again over his entire college career.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

krombj19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby krombj19 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:34 am

i have Lamb, Jeudy, and Swift. Personally I would take Lamb over Jeudy.
Barkley for President - 10 Teams, 23 Man Rosters, QRRWWWTFDK, Cap is $852 this year and Increases by 5% each year while each players contract goes up by 20% each year. Players can be signed 5 years at a time max unless a rookie, which is 3 if drafted. If won in auction can be 5 years. Can only extend a player once, EX signifies that player is Extended. Devy players count against cap as well.

QB - Jameis Winston EX 2YRS at $42 and Sam Darnold 2YRS at $14

RB - Saquon Barkley 2YRS at $35, Dalvin Cook 1YR at $17, Rex Burkhead 1YR at $4, Ty Montgomery 3YRS at $14, Damien Williams 1YR at $2, Royce Freeman 2YRS at $10

WR - Amari Cooper EX 5YRS at $50, Sammy Watkins EX 3YRS at $60, Golden Tate 1YR at $60, Devante Parker EX 1YR at $35, Kenny Golladay 4YRS at $2

TE - Travis Kelce EX 5YRS at $52, Austin Hooper 2YRS at $12

D/ST - Rams 1YR at $2, Chiefs 1YR at $3

K - Stephen Gostowski 1YR at $3

I own Pick 3.9 in a Devy depleted Rookie/Devy Draft.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:44 pm

Packerland wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:44 am
ThunderTung wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:30 am was super high on Jeudy for the longest time, no question.....Lately I've really started to like Lamb. don't think you could go wrong tbh, watching film I just see Lamb consistently being more physical after the catch and getting that Yac. My concern with Jeudy is his small frame, and he always seems to go down when he's touched, his overuse of stutters and fakes will get him killed at the next level.

I agree. From a pure route running standpoint he's much better than Lamb but Lamb doesn't ever seem to drop passes and makes a lot of contested catches and is tough to bring down. I have always been a Jeudy guy but I'm starting to think differently as many people are getting the Hopkins or Adams vibes from Lamb. I think it will come down to combine numbers and eventually landing spot for me.

Did you see the ball he dropped vs LSU? It was atrocious. Luckily a penalty was called, so it wouldn't have counted, but it was an egregious drop. I agree Jeudy has had some drop issues this year, though.

The comp I heard that I like for Jeudy is Marvis Harrison. The comp I heard for Jeudy is a slighter version of Hopkins. Obviously best case scenario for each, but just in terms of play style and skill sets.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:29 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:44 pm
Packerland wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:44 am

Did you see the ball he dropped vs LSU? It was atrocious. Luckily a penalty was called, so it wouldn't have counted, but it was an egregious drop. I agree Jeudy has had some drop issues this year, though.

The comp I heard that I like for Jeudy is Marvis Harrison. The comp I heard for Jeudy is a slighter version of Hopkins. Obviously best case scenario for each, but just in terms of play style and skill sets.
Honestly I think the best comps for both players are JJ= Marvin or Chad Johnson(minus the diva) and Lamb= Davante Adams.

Picks:

TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TampaBay216 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:21 am

Can’t wait til this thread heats up come draft day. Right now I can’t decide because we don’t know landing spots. QB throwing and head coach will play huge roles in their values. Talent wise, they should be studs. With the 1.01 I’m hoping to secure Swift/Taylor and with the 1.04, one of these guys.
Team 1
12 team IDP PPR Single QB

QB: J. Burrow, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, J. Williams
WR: C. Lamb, J. Jefferson, M. Evans, C. Godwin, A.J. Brown
TE: S. LaPorta D. Geodert, T. Kelce
DL: D. Hunter, C. Granderson, B. Chubb
LB: P. Queen, R. Smith, CJ Mosley
CB: J. Thompson, CJGJ, P. Adebo

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

QB: P. Mahomes, A. Richardson , B. Young