Darren Waller vs George Kittle

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
ewhitney77
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Darren Waller vs George Kittle

Postby ewhitney77 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:06 am

I have no idea how to value Darren Waller. He's the TE2 right now and is only a year older than Kittle. Obviously Kittle has more value, but I feel like it's closer than people think. What would you value Waller at draft pick wise? I am thinking late 1st and early 2nd.
QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Drew Lock, Sam Darnold
RB: Cam Akers, Darell henderson, James Conner, Myles Gaskin, Peyton Barber, Chase Edmonds, Anthoyn McFarland
WR: Tyreke Hill, Tyler Lockett, Stefon Diggs, Laviska Shenault, Henry Ruggs, Mecole Hardman, Tee Higgins
TE: Hunter Henry, Dalton Schultz, Dawson Knox, Christopher Herndon

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Darren Waller vs George Kittle

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:58 am

I actually agree that the two should be close in value. The biggest knock on Waller from most is that the Raiders have no WRs to throw to, which is why he's getting so many targets. However, that same argument could have been made about Kittle a year ago, and even this year. I'd even argue that Tyrell Williams is a better WR right now than anyone on the Niners (again, for this year, not dynasty). And as you mentioned, Waller is only a year older, so age shouldn't really be a factor. With that said, I'd still take Kittle, but the gap should be less than a 1st. However, I'm assuming most will say that at least a late 1st, if not more, would need to be added to Waller.

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:55 am

Goddard wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:58 am I actually agree that the two should be close in value. The biggest knock on Waller from most is that the Raiders have no WRs to throw to, which is why he's getting so many targets. However, that same argument could have been made about Kittle a year ago, and even this year. I'd even argue that Tyrell Williams is a better WR right now than anyone on the Niners (again, for this year, not dynasty). And as you mentioned, Waller is only a year older, so age shouldn't really be a factor. With that said, I'd still take Kittle, but the gap should be less than a 1st. However, I'm assuming most will say that at least a late 1st, if not more, would need to be added to Waller.
I was told by Kittle owner he would take Ertz and a 1st for Kittle. Waller owner doesn't want Ertz and a second. That leads me to believe Waller owner wouldn't even need to add a first. I maybe see it so close as a mid second.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:06 pm

badbuddah wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:55 am
Goddard wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:58 am I actually agree that the two should be close in value. The biggest knock on Waller from most is that the Raiders have no WRs to throw to, which is why he's getting so many targets. However, that same argument could have been made about Kittle a year ago, and even this year. I'd even argue that Tyrell Williams is a better WR right now than anyone on the Niners (again, for this year, not dynasty). And as you mentioned, Waller is only a year older, so age shouldn't really be a factor. With that said, I'd still take Kittle, but the gap should be less than a 1st. However, I'm assuming most will say that at least a late 1st, if not more, would need to be added to Waller.
I was told by Kittle owner he would take Ertz and a 1st for Kittle. Waller owner doesn't want Ertz and a second. That leads me to believe Waller owner wouldn't even need to add a first. I maybe see it so close as a mid second.
Interesting. But that could just mean that the Waller and Kittle owners have different valuations of Ertz. It's still possible that the Kittle owner thinks Ertz is worth more than Waller, whereas the Waller owner obviously thinks he's worth more than Ertz.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:46 pm

I value both players fairly close. The biggest difference for me is obviously age. I would value Kittle ahead of Waller but only because of age currently. A 1st on top seems steep to me, but I understand the though process behind it. I think some owners worry Waller is a one year wonder.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:03 pm

Watch out for the continuing ascendance of Foster Moreau on the Waller front. Just something else to consider for any potential Walrus buyers.

KING
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby KING » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:11 pm

Also once Renfrow emerged Waller declined significantly.
Waller's last big game(s) was without both Renfrow and Moreau.
5 Player Keeper League 12 Team PPR (No Penalties or Restrictions on Keepers)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 1DST
All TD's 6pts, 1pt/25yds pass, 1pt/10yds rush/rec, -2pt fumble/int

Taylor/Bijan/Gibbs
Tyreek/DK/Flowers/Pickens/Reed
2024 pick 1.01

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:38 am

I would want a first on top of Waller at least. Kittle has it all. Younger; great blocker; insane athlete; great receiver on the better, more innovative offense.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:30 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:38 am I would want a first on top of Waller at least. Kittle has it all. Younger; great blocker; insane athlete; great receiver on the better, more innovative offense.
Also he's done it 2 yrs in a row which makes a big difference for me. I'd need a 1st ontop of Waller, a late 1st but a 2nd wouldn't move me.