Player A vs. Player B

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Player A vs. Player B

Postby Ice » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:25 am

Mack's value has been steadily increasing. I sold him and Trubisky for 1.1 in this past draft back in March. Cook's value was a bit higher due to his flash talent/potential.

I rate these two RB's very close but Cook wins the potential battle.

Cook is really talented but his injury history is an obvious concern given he only played 50% of his games the first two years. That said he is on fire this YTD. No one I know would trade Cook away for Mack straight up.

BTW, I selected Jacob's with that pick.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

SlickRick97
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby SlickRick97 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:52 am

To me, Mack's value is lower because he doesn't catch passes like Dalvin does.

Mack just recorded his 4th career game with more than 2 receptions. That's 4 out of 31 games played.

Dalvin has had 15 games with 3+ receptions in his 20 game career and a lot of those are 5+ passes. Mack has never had a game with more than 4.

I get that there is some injury concern with Cook. But his 2 injuries in the NFL were the ACL tear and then a hamstring injury that was likely due to him favoring his non-injured knee when he returned. That actually is more common than you'd think for players coming off ACL tears. Cook looks to be completely healthy at this point and if he can put together a full season that should greatly reduce the fear of him being an injury prone player.

Mack on the other hand has dealt with more soft tissue injuries over his career. Hamstring, shoulder and calf strains seem to show more that the player is actually injury prone (see Stefon Diggs).

Neither player has put together a full season, if they both do than that will help with the injury concerns but Mack still lacks the receiving load that Cook gets on a game to game basis which greatly reduces both his floor and ceiling.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:42 pm

I'll make my post simple.

Mack = stud. Top 12 RB I think, top 15 for sure.

Dalvin = STUD. Top 6, maybe even bumps Chubb.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:42 pm

To OP's point. Mack is rising but still underrated. I agree.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:54 pm

jetsfan5757 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:42 pm I'll make my post simple.

Mack = stud. Top 12 RB I think, top 15 for sure.

Dalvin = STUD. Top 6, maybe even bumps Chubb.
A lot would have Dalvin ahead of Chubb right now. I know I'm there. I have Chubb just behind him. Some podcasters putting Cook at the back end of the elite backs behind SB, CMC, Zeke and Kamara, but in the same tier. Dalvin's issue has been health. He immediately stepped into the NFL week 1 and was a player quickly ascending into a top NFL back. He then tore his ACL, and had a common set back from an ACL tear, a hamstring issue, the following year. 2 year removed from an ACL (which is when most players are back to 100 percent) he is back to that player we saw at the beginning of his career, and then some. He looks much better after contact than his rookie year. His upside in the passing game is just a bit higher than Chubb's is, and he's in a system that fits him perfectly. I have Chubb right behind Dalvin. Love them both as talents.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:46 am Mack as the RB24 is undervalued yes. But Mack is nowhere near the level that Cook is. You can't watch the two play and put them in near the same talent level.
x2. Spot on. Pass catching plays a role here too.