Jakobi Meyers and Keesean Johnson

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
gman6199
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Jakobi Meyers and Keesean Johnson

Postby gman6199 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:46 pm

What are the thoughts on Meyers and Johnson? IMO I think that Meyers can become a WR-2. I'm basing this on:
(1) he seems to be liked by the the coaching staff
(2) has been given the opportunity to prove himself (playing time and 1st team reps)
(3) has shown well in practice and during pre-season
(4) WR depth behind Edelman Harry(???) is meh
(5) can play inside and outside (according to reports) I would be interested in where he is lining up in regards to his catches.
(6) Reported to have good hands and is a good route runner. (is route running more important then good hands???)

As for Keesean, it seems the same applies but is his floor more in the WR-3 range? Fitz is due to retire here soon and Isabella or Butler hasn't really separated themselves so I'm big on Johnson. He has great hands and is a savvy and good route runner. One big question though is how big of an effect does Crabtree have on Johnson?

Thoughts on this? I have both Johnson and Meyers on my bench.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jakobi Meyers and Keesean Johnson

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:05 pm

Meyers hypothetically has an easier path to playing time, but it's the Pats so who knows. Both players have looked decent in pre season.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jakobi Meyers and Keesean Johnson

Postby Goddard » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:25 pm

Johnson's already expected to start in 3 WR sets...which is basically what they'll be in the majority of the time. He's going to get his opportunities from day 1 and in my opinion has less competition than Meyers.