Josh Gordon vs The Voices in His Head

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
drobes
Starter
Starter

Josh Gordon vs The Voices in His Head

Postby drobes » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:27 am

Who do you have for 2019 and beyond?
Have we seen the last of Josh Gordon or will he be fantasy relevant again?

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Josh Gordon vs The Voices in His Head

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:19 pm

I think Gordon is done. It's really sad from a real life perspective but the guy just cant do it.

TheDogPound
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheDogPound » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:50 pm

I am so torn with this one! I am in a keeper league and I am contemplating between he and Christian Kirk.

NE did not cut or release Gordon following his suspension.

Gronk has left a ton of targets and production up for gabs.

Edleman is the underneath WR. NE is going to need a deep threat and a red zone target.

He was productive in the brief instances that he was able to play with Brady.

I am leaning strongly towards keeping Gordon over Kirk. (This is CRAZY!)

drobes
Starter
Starter

Postby drobes » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:26 pm

He was just reinstated.

He's got a clear path to WR1 snaps and all of Gronk's TD production are up for grabs.

The only thing that can stop him are the voices in his head.. Gordon is rising again!

gman6199
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gman6199 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:15 am

Too many people are thinking (assuming) that they are drafting the Josh Gordon from 2014. Hopefully so but probably not. IMO Gordon is definitely not WR-1. He is a WR-3 with upside. What is his ceiling?????? But, his floor is definitely 0. He will have his good game and hopefully he can play out the season. But more importantly he will draw coverage away from Edelman and prevent the box from being stacked so both Michel and White will too benefit from Gordon. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pulling for him I just don’t have any faith in him anymore.

As for the question....take Kirk

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:31 am

gman6199 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:15 am Too many people are thinking (assuming) that they are drafting the Josh Gordon from 2014. Hopefully so but probably not. IMO Gordon is definitely not WR-1. He is a WR-3 with upside. What is his ceiling?????? But, his floor is definitely 0. He will have his good game and hopefully he can play out the season. But more importantly he will draw coverage away from Edelman and prevent the box from being stacked so both Michel and White will too benefit from Gordon. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pulling for him I just don’t have any faith in him anymore.

I would hope nobody is thinking that. If they are, they are out of their minds. That was an anomaly. Period. I would bet everything I own on him never repeating that. If people are still thinking that, they are those people who have held on since that period, and are incapable of rational thought due to an overwhelming bias on a past decision they are not able to move on from.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:57 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:31 am
gman6199 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:15 am Too many people are thinking (assuming) that they are drafting the Josh Gordon from 2014. Hopefully so but probably not. IMO Gordon is definitely not WR-1. He is a WR-3 with upside. What is his ceiling?????? But, his floor is definitely 0. He will have his good game and hopefully he can play out the season. But more importantly he will draw coverage away from Edelman and prevent the box from being stacked so both Michel and White will too benefit from Gordon. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pulling for him I just don’t have any faith in him anymore.

I would hope nobody is thinking that. If they are, they are out of their minds. That was an anomaly. Period. I would bet everything I own on him never repeating that. If people are still thinking that, they are those people who have held on since that period, and are incapable of rational thought due to an overwhelming bias on a past decision they are not able to move on from.
As someone who has held him this whole time my hope is he can put together low end wr2 season for me. Same as Allen Robinson, never expect the same big season again but I do believe there is a middle ground for both that isn't wr1 but can be higher than a wr3 fingers crossed.