James Washington or Diontae Johnson

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

James Washington or Diontae Johnson

Postby Straycatz2 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Washington has a year under his belt, but Johnson is getting the great reviews in camp. Which is your pick?

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: James Washington or Diontae Johnson

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Straycatz2 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:37 pm Washington has a year under his belt, but Johnson is getting the great reviews in camp. Which is your pick?
James Washington was the worst receiver PFF graded last season, and that matched the eye test.

I'm sure he came into this season much more prepared than he was last season... but I've been a huge Diontae fan for months leading up to the draft and thought he was a talent that was being very clearly overlooked (Cody Thompson is another guy who's underrated). Then he was drafted at the top of the 3rd round and there are rumours that PIT had a 1st round grade on him. Then he's pulled up with the starter in OTAs. Then he's the star of mini camp, garnering praise from QBs to DBs to coaches.

At this point, it's all systems go for Diontae. He might not land the WR2 role right away, but he's the guy I want in that receiving core not named JuJu.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:37 pm

Johnson appears to be the better option at this point. Big Ben was pretty unimpressed with Washington at times last year and the kid better put in work with the Johnson news. This could all easily change through the off season though too.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:48 am

I'd be interested to see poll results.

I was a lot more impressed with Washington as a prospect than I am with Johnson. I would stick with him at this point, as it's hard to fault Washington much for not firing on limited opportunities in year 1.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...