Coutee or Deebo

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Pick one

Coutee
35%
Deebo
65%

Total votes: 48

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Coutee or Deebo

Postby hoos89 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:25 am

Which player do you prefer in a rebuild?
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Coutee or Deebo

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:42 am

Give me Deebo. Similar floor most likely to Coutee, but his ceiling is higher IMO
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:43 am

Coutee had a handful of blow up games. No clue why people don't love this guy. He's Watson's underneath read and check down while Hopkins and Fuller clear out D's. Not like Miller or those young TEs are gonna catch a ton of passes.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:52 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:43 am Coutee had a handful of blow up games. No clue why people don't love this guy. He's Watson's underneath read and check down while Hopkins and Fuller clear out D's. Not like Miller or those young TEs are gonna catch a ton of passes.
Because the only player in the NFL that is in that position with 2 top WR's is Cooper Kupp. Coutee could surpass Fuller but as of now he's the teams #3 WR. Deebo is in a spot to take over as the #1 on his team if he beats out Pettis (also unproved) and will be on a team with a solid Qb and a fantastic offensive coach.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:29 pm

Titans95 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:52 am
Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:43 am Coutee had a handful of blow up games. No clue why people don't love this guy. He's Watson's underneath read and check down while Hopkins and Fuller clear out D's. Not like Miller or those young TEs are gonna catch a ton of passes.
Because the only player in the NFL that is in that position with 2 top WR's is Cooper Kupp. Coutee could surpass Fuller but as of now he's the teams #3 WR. Deebo is in a spot to take over as the #1 on his team if he beats out Pettis (also unproved) and will be on a team with a solid Qb and a fantastic offensive coach.
Fuller is a decoy. Coutee is the guy to own in PPR. A rookie being the #1 option isn't always a good thing - Zay Jones. Coutee will continue to abuse nickel DBs, the value is great if you can get him cheap.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Do decoys typically get ~15 fantasy points and ~6.5 targets per game?
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:41 pm

in the three games where they both played a majority of snaps Coutee out targeted Fuller 27-11.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:03 pm

FuzzySignificance wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:41 pm
in the three games where they both played a majority of snaps Coutee out targeted Fuller 27-11.
That is such a limited sample size its hard to put any weight into that. Fuller was a 1st round pick and besides for injuries has looked the part playing opposite of Dhop on the outside (traditionally more valuable than the slot). I'm not saying I don't like Coutee because I like him a lot but right now all we have to go off of is a couple of blow up games and an injury riddled rookie season with arguably the best Wr in the league and a 1st round pick ahead of him on the depth chart.

Deebo has higher draft capital and has a chance to earn the #1 role on what is projected to be a very successful offensive as well.

Both are projections at this point but I'll take Deebo's draft capital and situation over Coutee.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:29 pm
Fuller is a decoy. Coutee is the guy to own in PPR. A rookie being the #1 option isn't always a good thing - Zay Jones. Coutee will continue to abuse nickel DBs, the value is great if you can get him cheap.
I like Coutee a lot and agree he is a great value if you can get him cheap, however Deebo is going in the mid 1st in most rookie drafts and I would not pay that for Coutee.

Fuller is a field stretcher but he's also playing on the outside opposite of Dhop and has done extremely well when he's on the field, we only have a 3 game sample size of when Coutee and Fuller were both on the field and that's too small to assume the 1st round vet is going to take a back seat Coutee.

I'll take Deebo's higher draft capital and greater opportunity over Coutee every time...and again I like Coutee a lot.

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:41 am

I voted Coutee bit I figured these two would be a close vote

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:59 am

Samuel, but this is a coin flip.

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:22 am

Titans95 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:03 pm

That is such a limited sample size its hard to put any weight into that. Fuller was a 1st round pick and besides for injuries has looked the part playing opposite of Dhop on the outside (traditionally more valuable than the slot). I'm not saying I don't like Coutee because I like him a lot but right now all we have to go off of is a couple of blow up games and an injury riddled rookie season with arguably the best Wr in the league and a 1st round pick ahead of him on the depth chart.

Deebo has higher draft capital and has a chance to earn the #1 role on what is projected to be a very successful offensive as well.

Both are projections at this point but I'll take Deebo's draft capital and situation over Coutee.
Yes it's a limited sample size but also

1. everything's a limited sample size in a 16 game season

2. there is *some* evidence to suggest Coutee is the #2 target and *none* to suggest, as you did that Fuller is.

I like Fuller, I like Coutee. Deebo is *fine* but I'll take the younger guy who has already popped on an NFL field.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Stevens61310 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:55 am

Although I have members of several of my leagues on here I will say this. Deebo has always been my #1 rated WR coming out of this draft--as far back as March I wanted him on my team--and I will do anything possible to get him on every team I have. I don't like throwing the "special" word around--but he is special in my mind. So the question isn't--in my mind- Coutee or Deebo--that should be a moot point. Why the question at all--.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:01 pm

FuzzySignificance wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:22 am
Titans95 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Yes it's a limited sample size but also

1. everything's a limited sample size in a 16 game season

2. there is *some* evidence to suggest Coutee is the #2 target and *none* to suggest, as you did that Fuller is.

I like Fuller, I like Coutee. Deebo is *fine* but I'll take the younger guy who has already popped on an NFL field.
I'd argue Deebo is more than fine but to each his own. Good news is if you own a mid 1st rookie pick and your debating between Deebo and trading out of the pick you'll likely have a pretty easy time picking up Coutee for any 1st round pick.

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:33 am

I have some concerns about Deebo's injury history and late breakout age.

Coutee was near the top for breakout age (some PFF article) and is younger than Deebo by 1 year and has played in the NFL for 1 season.
Some may comment my bias for him (have him on 3 teams), but I traded for him this offseason in team 1. The other two teams I drafted him in startup this offseason. This was probably my biggest buy this offseason besides T. Hill which I tried to get everywhere while his price was down.
I love me some Coutee.

Side note: he blew up against my Colts and could have rose colored glasses based on how well he did against them.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez