Myles Sanders vs David Montgomery

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Mr. Wizard
Starter
Starter

Re: Myles Sanders vs David Montgomery

Postby Mr. Wizard » Thu May 09, 2019 5:57 pm

I mean, for real, that topic of DLF_Mikeh’s had a big influence on folks around here. I’m relatively new here as a “regular” and he turned me onto Sanders for sure. I was wary of taking one guy’s word as gospel, but whoever it was in that topic that dug up his track record on HBs, it was pretty impressive, so I started looking closer.

As such, I blame him entirely if Sanders busts. :twisted:
12 Team RealitySportsOnline League, Half-PPR, TEP, Half-PPFD

1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1SFX **Years under contract in parentheses. Two extensions and one franchise tag available per year.**

QB: Mahomes (2), Burrow (2), Young (3)
HB: Saquon (3), Gibbs (4), Henry (1), Hunt (1), Mattison (1)
WR: Chase (3), Tyreek (4), Kupp (3), Aiyuk (4), Pierce (2)
TE: Kelce (2), Njoku (1)
IR:
Future Picks: 24 2nd, 3rd, 4th: 25 4th: 26 2nd, 3rd, 4th
--
12 Team Dynasty League, Half-PPR
1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1 SFX

QB: Hurts, Prescott, Geno,
HB: Bijan, Taylor, Conner, Gibson, B. Robinson, Herbert, Achane, Miller, Damien Harris,
WR: AJB, Allen, Jeudy, Nuk, Cooks, Davis, Claypool, Shakir
TE: Goedert, Knox, Dulcich, Otton
IR:
Future Picks: 1.06, 2.06, 3.05

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu May 09, 2019 7:05 pm

Where is the thread with meurah's RB track record other than him tooting his own horn?

Mr. Wizard
Starter
Starter

Postby Mr. Wizard » Thu May 09, 2019 8:00 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:05 pm Where is the thread with meurah's RB track record other than him tooting his own horn?
It’s on this page:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=178590&start=15
he called wilkins better than ronald jones and just as good as penny last year. ???? everyone pounced on that and he defended his assessment and sure enough, wilkins was better than jones and basically as good as penny. that's pretty freakin accurate.

ever attach links in this forum? hard to do, ill just type it out. ere's some stuff he did:

.. called barkley the top rb to own in the entire nfl, even before the nfl draft happened. he is currently 1.01 in startups.
.. said kerryon johnson would be the #2 guy in 2018. he was.
.. said chubb would have more short tern value, and sony michel more long term. that's happening so far.
.. In 2017 he called cmc the guy to own and said dalvin cook would eventually be a bust due to injury. !!?? I have no idea how you can call that.
.. he hates ronald jones, jeez. he must have spent 20 posts trying to get people to steer clear of him.
.. he said mckinnon would get hurt and pegged brieda as the guy to own when everyone else was adding morris. he even has a blurb that says "mostert is intriguing". lol what? how do you call this stuff?
.. he warned everyone to sell fournette before the season began, said his value would plummet this year....... this is unreal.
.. pegged phillip lindsay as the rb to own over royce freeman
.. when everyone on the forum was getting this murphy rb from buffalo, meurah came in and said not to do it, it's a wasted spot. he was right again.
.. over and over again he warned two things, ronald jones hatred, and the fact that mckinnon will get hurt.

i got bored so i scanned back to 2017 and beyond. he's still at it.

.. everyone clamoring over crowell. not meurah. he says the browns wanna move on from him, and gave a lengthy post as to why crowell is over rated. he seems to be the only one on that wagon, everyone else is attacking him. he was right.
.. advising everyone to sell rob kelley pre-draft. dead on.
.. telling everyone to sell ty montgomery at his high point.
.. i found his tarik cohen post. well done. that was 100% accurate. what a great read and assessment you gave on that one. there wasn't a single tarik cohen post on the forums prior to that. simply amazing.
.. wow. when ap was signed to the saints and everyone guessed it was the end for ingram, meurah said no and ingram will rebound and to sell ap. right on.
.. lotta people hating on joe mixon. not meurah, calling him the top 3 rb to own in this draft class. he is.

i finally found one where meurah is wrong. he called paul perkins the guy to own in new york. you're wrong meurah! ah-hah gocha. explain yourself. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=121094&p=1044603#p1044603

i had to go back 3 years to find one where you were wrong. lol. are you a writer for dlf? you should be.
12 Team RealitySportsOnline League, Half-PPR, TEP, Half-PPFD

1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1SFX **Years under contract in parentheses. Two extensions and one franchise tag available per year.**

QB: Mahomes (2), Burrow (2), Young (3)
HB: Saquon (3), Gibbs (4), Henry (1), Hunt (1), Mattison (1)
WR: Chase (3), Tyreek (4), Kupp (3), Aiyuk (4), Pierce (2)
TE: Kelce (2), Njoku (1)
IR:
Future Picks: 24 2nd, 3rd, 4th: 25 4th: 26 2nd, 3rd, 4th
--
12 Team Dynasty League, Half-PPR
1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1 SFX

QB: Hurts, Prescott, Geno,
HB: Bijan, Taylor, Conner, Gibson, B. Robinson, Herbert, Achane, Miller, Damien Harris,
WR: AJB, Allen, Jeudy, Nuk, Cooks, Davis, Claypool, Shakir
TE: Goedert, Knox, Dulcich, Otton
IR:
Future Picks: 1.06, 2.06, 3.05

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri May 10, 2019 6:28 am

Blackstar110 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:00 pm It’s on this page:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=178590&start=15
he called wilkins better than ronald jones and just as good as penny last year. ???? everyone pounced on that and he defended his assessment and sure enough, wilkins was better than jones and basically as good as penny. that's pretty freakin accurate.

ever attach links in this forum? hard to do, ill just type it out. ere's some stuff he did:

.. called barkley the top rb to own in the entire nfl, even before the nfl draft happened. he is currently 1.01 in startups.
.. said kerryon johnson would be the #2 guy in 2018. he was.
.. said chubb would have more short tern value, and sony michel more long term. that's happening so far.
.. In 2017 he called cmc the guy to own and said dalvin cook would eventually be a bust due to injury. !!?? I have no idea how you can call that.
.. he hates ronald jones, jeez. he must have spent 20 posts trying to get people to steer clear of him.
.. he said mckinnon would get hurt and pegged brieda as the guy to own when everyone else was adding morris. he even has a blurb that says "mostert is intriguing". lol what? how do you call this stuff?
.. he warned everyone to sell fournette before the season began, said his value would plummet this year....... this is unreal.
.. pegged phillip lindsay as the rb to own over royce freeman
.. when everyone on the forum was getting this murphy rb from buffalo, meurah came in and said not to do it, it's a wasted spot. he was right again.
.. over and over again he warned two things, ronald jones hatred, and the fact that mckinnon will get hurt.

i got bored so i scanned back to 2017 and beyond. he's still at it.

.. everyone clamoring over crowell. not meurah. he says the browns wanna move on from him, and gave a lengthy post as to why crowell is over rated. he seems to be the only one on that wagon, everyone else is attacking him. he was right.
.. advising everyone to sell rob kelley pre-draft. dead on.
.. telling everyone to sell ty montgomery at his high point.
.. i found his tarik cohen post. well done. that was 100% accurate. what a great read and assessment you gave on that one. there wasn't a single tarik cohen post on the forums prior to that. simply amazing.
.. wow. when ap was signed to the saints and everyone guessed it was the end for ingram, meurah said no and ingram will rebound and to sell ap. right on.
.. lotta people hating on joe mixon. not meurah, calling him the top 3 rb to own in this draft class. he is.

i finally found one where meurah is wrong. he called paul perkins the guy to own in new york. you're wrong meurah! ah-hah gocha. explain yourself. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=121094&p=1044603#p1044603

i had to go back 3 years to find one where you were wrong. lol. are you a writer for dlf? you should be.
I didn't say this before, but I think all this guy did was read the 2-3 threads I posted on and cherry picked some stuff.

I found areas where I was wrong. Kalen Ballage I said was a future stud. I recant this btw, he has no lateral quickness. No idea how I missed that. I said the Browns would draft a RB in 2017 to replace sucky Crowell (they didnt). CJ Anderson, anyone?

Yeah I'm plenty wrong.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri May 10, 2019 6:32 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:30 pm
usps33 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:46 pm I just picked Sanders over Montgomery in my rookie draft. To be honest, it was such a hard decision, it came down to dlf_mikeh's confidence in Sanders. Without a doubt, after doing some research in the league that dlf_mikeh posted where he drafted Sanders at the 1.01, he knows his RBs, not too good on WRs/TEs, lol, which I believe he has admitted on earlier postings.
Hi meurah, didn't realize you had alt accounts.
Sounds just like me. Split personality maybe?

I am 99% confident in Sanders, for sure. I think he has a lower floor but a far higher ceiling that Montgomery. Monty will out-perform Sanders year one. I've said that plenty of times, so be ready for that. It's possible that Sanders will do better, but if I was betting money, I'd put it on Monty year 1.

Year 2? Closer to even, or Sanders will start taking the lead. Year 3 and beyond? Forget about it!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri May 10, 2019 1:10 pm

Took Sanders 1.3 and Montgomery 1.4

This was the cheapest draft to buy into I can remember.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri May 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:10 pm Took Sanders 1.3 and Montgomery 1.4

Would like to see a link to this s league to see what you had to pay and what guys are paying.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri May 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:40 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:10 pm Took Sanders 1.3 and Montgomery 1.4

Would like to see a link to this s league to see what you had to pay and what guys are paying.
Got 1.3 + Mariota for Rivers, Damien Williams, Emmanuel Sanders and three 2nds ( which are more like 3rds since it's a 16 teamer)

Got 1.4 + Dalton for a Mariota, 2020 likely mid-first, third and 4th.

The guy is a full rebuild and only wanted Harry at 4. Tried to trade up and couldn't. Once Harry went 1.2, he was out. He's absolutely loaded with 2020 picks now.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:07 pm

What does everyone think now? Anyone changed their stance or holding firm, I'm still firmly in the Sanders camp but would have like to see a lot more at this point in the season. On the other side Monty has had a lot of chances but hasn't exactly blown me away.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:20 pm

I would rather have Sanders.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:42 am

JTLoh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:58 am What's up Fellas.

So one of my rookie drafts started yesterday. I have/had pick 1.3. My assumption was that 1.1 would be Josh Jacobs and 2.1 would be David Montgomery. This was based off the rankings and the rumblings I heard from owners. So I penciled in K.Harry as my pick. Well, 1.1 took Harry. A little bit of a shocker. So 1.2 takes Jacobs. So I thought I would be taking Sanders here. But the guy who has 1.2 and also was rumored to be taking Montgomery has pick 1.4. So I slept on it. Did some looking into both this morning. Just submitted my draft ticket and it's DAVID MONTGOMERY!

All the dudes on here that have Sanders > Montgomery are wrong. You heard it hear first.

Later Gators
I just want to bring this thread back up because of the conviction JTLoh had at the start of this thread but he eventually flipped and made the right choice and traded for Sanders later in his draft :clap: it's not easy to flip sides when you've already made up in your mind who is better.
JTLoh wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:45 pm Montgomery > Sanders.
Wish I wouldn't have let dlf_mikeh cloud my judgement a few months ago.
But later in the summer he doubled back again... Not sure who he ended up with

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:54 pm

Blaming me is literally his last post on these forums.

I hope he comes back. :P
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:07 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:54 pm Blaming me is literally his last post on these forums.

If he does, I hope he learned how to spell his name correctly.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:43 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:54 pm Blaming me is literally his last post on these forums.
Be careful what you wish for!

This was a good thread. And the topic is still a tough call.
This year, it's looking like Monty is the back to own over Sanders but who knows what the next 3 years will bring.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:36 am

IBall2 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:42 am
JTLoh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:58 am What's up Fellas.

So one of my rookie drafts started yesterday. I have/had pick 1.3. My assumption was that 1.1 would be Josh Jacobs and 2.1 would be David Montgomery. This was based off the rankings and the rumblings I heard from owners. So I penciled in K.Harry as my pick. Well, 1.1 took Harry. A little bit of a shocker. So 1.2 takes Jacobs. So I thought I would be taking Sanders here. But the guy who has 1.2 and also was rumored to be taking Montgomery has pick 1.4. So I slept on it. Did some looking into both this morning. Just submitted my draft ticket and it's DAVID MONTGOMERY!

All the dudes on here that have Sanders > Montgomery are wrong. You heard it hear first.

Later Gators
I just want to bring this thread back up because of the conviction JTLoh had at the start of this thread but he eventually flipped and made the right choice and traded for Sanders later in his draft :clap: it's not easy to flip sides when you've already made up in your mind who is better.
JTLoh wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:45 pm Montgomery > Sanders.
Wish I wouldn't have let dlf_mikeh cloud my judgement a few months ago.
But later in the summer he doubled back again... Not sure who he ended up with
Hopefully Monty, who has been the better option.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick