SF 1.01, Kyler Murray

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
makemeasandwich
Captain
Captain

SF 1.01, Kyler Murray

Postby makemeasandwich » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Is Kyler Murray the clear 1.01 in a SF league?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: SF 1.01, Kyler Murray

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:45 pm

Yes.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ravenous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Ravenous » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:01 pm

assuming all the hype about Murray and Haskins both going top 5, they are likely the same in rookie drafts. I could see someone who doesn't have a need at QB going WR or whoever the top RB ends up being (Jacobs?). I am having a hard time figuring out if the media hype for the Cards taking Murray at 1.01 and the Giants taking Haskins is true or just an effort to find a trade partner.

None of Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Trubisky, Mahomes were consensus 1st overall....although i concede the other fantasy positions in those drafts were stronger than 2019.
Too many teams and lineup changes to keep track of them all.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:44 am

Ravenous wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:01 pm None of Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Trubisky, Mahomes were consensus 1st overall....although i concede the other fantasy positions in those drafts were stronger than 2019.
Not since Andrew Luck has there been such a dominant consensus...but Baker should have been. People were shying away because of “system” and “height” and “he grabbed his crotch once!”

So shy away because of “system” and “height” and “rumor is he interviewed poorly!”

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:14 am

I would think Murray goes 1.01 in SF.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:20 pm

I’ve been low on all the QBs this year but I’m starting to change my tune. Where they go will matter quite a bit. For instance if Murray really goes 1 overall it’s gonna be real tough to not make him 1 overall in SF/2qb. Going down the list there’s a dozen or so other spots that would be really interesting.

Of note: I’m historically not great at QB evaluation (who is?), so I put a lot of stock into draft position and which front office is buying. An easy hindsight take but: I had money on pat mahomes draft position (over under was 22, he went 10). And it was Andy Reid who went and got him.

So, is Murray my SF 1.01? Tentative yes right now.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:58 pm

I think Murray is the consensus 1.1 at this point. Personally, I don't like that he passed on so many combine/pro day tests, and Arizona is a landing spot I would be looking to avoid. For all of our sakes, I hope Arizona comes to their senses, trades down a few spots and takes and edge rusher.

Dwayne Haskins is my 1.1 right now. He played savvy, veteran style football for a player that only had one year as team starter. He broke Drew Brees' single season passing TD Big 10 record, as well as the single season Big 10 passing yardage record. He has above average arm strength but I'm most excited about the tape of him later in the season, adjusting protections at the line, throwing hot routes, and doing what it takes mentally to mask his admittedly weak mobility.

I still like Kyler, and I think he'll succeed and have a higher ceiling, but his body type reminds me too much of Pat White. I fear that if he goes to Arizona, we'll see a coach in Kingsbury who Peter Principal'd his way to an NFL head coaching position ruin his future on a team that won't be competitive. This man couldn't even play +.500% football with Patrick Mahomes at QB in college and who couldn't retain Baker Mayfield when he had him in house.

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Postby LMS123 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:16 pm

I think it depends on team need, no? Like if I had the 1.01 for team 1 in my sig I’d take Harry 100%
Jake Fromm State Farm (12 team PPR SF)
QB: Purdy, ARich (T), Levis (T), Bagent, Clifford, Hall, White, Fromm
RB: Roschon (T), Allgeier, Hill, McIntosh, Demercado, McLaughlin, Mitchell
Chestnut (IR), Wilson (IR)
WR: Addison, London, Jmo (T), Shaheed, Reed (T), Pop D, Der. Davis, Iosivas, C. Jones, Mooney, T. Palmer, Scott, Tucker, Watson, Austin (T)
TE: Musgrave, Mayer (T), Trautman, Gray, Moreau
2024: 1.01, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3
2025: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4

Sleeper (.5 PPR, 1.5 TE PPR, SF)
QB: Tua, Fields, Cousins (IR), Dobbs, Bagent, Devito, White, Walker, Lance, Hall
RB: Hall, JT, White, Javonte, Ford, Kendre, Allgeier, Henderson, Akers (IR), Ingram (T), Hull (T)
WR: Jetts (IR), Devonta, Jeudy, Meyers, Mooney, Guyton, Rondale, J. Palmer (IR), T. Palmer (T), C. Jones (T)
TE: Andrews (IR), Likely
2024: 5
2025: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:26 am

themburns wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:58 pm ... we'll see a coach in Kingsbury who Peter Principal'd his way to an NFL head coaching position ruin his future on a team that won't be competitive. This man couldn't even play +.500% football with Patrick Mahomes at QB in college and who couldn't retain Baker Mayfield when he had him in house.
I agree it's right to be a heavy skeptic of Kingsbury being a successful coach...but being a successful coach and being good for fantasy stats are different things.
Kingsbury is praised for the great offensive statistical totals his teams put up. He had great QBs, for one, and just ran a ton of plays as well to stack those stats up. That doesn't mean he's suddenly a great coach...
But...if his game plan is to come in and run an up-tempo offense and try to get in more plays, keeping Murray on the move, I don't see that as a harmful thing to fantasy values in Arizona. He might wear out his welcome quickly like Chip Kelly did, but he won't if Murray is winning or bringing excitement.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:52 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:44 am
Ravenous wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:01 pm None of Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Trubisky, Mahomes were consensus 1st overall....although i concede the other fantasy positions in those drafts were stronger than 2019.
Not since Andrew Luck has there been such a dominant consensus...but Baker should have been. People were shying away because of “system” and “height” and “he grabbed his crotch once!”

So shy away because of “system” and “height” and “rumor is he interviewed poorly!”
I still can't justify taking Baker over Barkley. Baker is getting hyped up huge right now because of the OBJ move, and he looks legit, but Barkley is still the 1.01 in rewind. Stupid me took Penny over him at 1.02, though (it's start 3 RB minimum, so RB's are valuable), but still. :doh:

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:41 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:52 pm
Valhalla wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:44 am

I still can't justify taking Baker over Barkley. Baker is getting hyped up huge right now because of the OBJ move, and he looks legit, but Barkley is still the 1.01 in rewind. Stupid me took Penny over him at 1.02, though (it's start 3 RB minimum, so RB's are valuable), but still. :doh:
Oh I was talking about consensus in the NFL draft, not fantasy drafts. I suppose I should have been answering the "is he 1.1 in fantasy drafts?"
I'd say in superflex yes. In other years, you had a Barkley or McCaffrey/Fournette or even just two or three arguable QBs. Mahomes was competing against (in order of positional drafted) Trubisky, Fournette, Davis, Mike Williams, McCaffrey, and Ross all drafted AHEAD of Mahomes and Watson drafted only two picks later. It's understandable there isn't a consensus in a year like that. That is NOT happening this year. We aren't seeing 8 fantasy offensive positional players in the top 12 picks this year. It might be 2. It's a lot easier to say Murray should be the consensus 1.1 when he's competing with one other far less athletic QB and maybe a late first RB and maybe 2-3 WRs. It's more about the class he's in. Mahomes wasn't 1.1 because the class was absurd.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:24 pm

Even then, Mahomes wasn't even in people's top 10 QB until after this year started. When he was drafted, he wasn't hyped very much because he was going to be sitting for at least a year it seemed

notorioustot
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby notorioustot » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:12 pm

I have the 1.01 and 1.02 in Team 1 in my sig, and I am considering taking Murray and Haskins to pair with Mahomes. But I'm wrestling with taking one or the other and Harry, as I need WRs badly as well.

In the end of the day, in superflex, QBs are king and worse case, I have three startable QBs and that can't be a bad thing.
14 Team Dynasty League - 25 Active Roster
PPR Superflex, 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 DST

QB: Mahomes; Goff; Kyler; Dobbs; Aiden; DTR;
RB: Rhamondre; ETN; Gibson; CEH; Jet; Ty; Chase; White
WR: AJB; Ja'Marr; Lazard; Mooney; Deebo; Phillips; Jauan
TE: Hock;
K: McManus
Def: GB; Cincy

IR:

Picks: 2024 2 3 4 5
2025 2 3 4 5
2026 2 3 4 5

Team 2: 12 teams, otherwise, same rules above:
QB: Burrow; Fields; Stafford; Aiden; Bagnet
RB: Bijan; E. Mitchell; Mostert; Pacheco; Pollard; Kendre; Dowdle; Keaton M
WR: Nico; DJ Moore; Skyy; DPJ; Deebo; Puka; C Tillman; Philips
TE: Kelce;
K: Hopkins
DST: BUFF

IR: Knox, Palmer

Picks:
2024 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 team, 30 Active, same rules above:
QB: Tua; Watson; Tannehill; Minshew; Trask
RB: Ekeler; Henry; Kamara; Mostert; Dillon; E. Dotson; C. Evans; E. Mitchell; S. Tucker
WR: Diggs; Keenan; Evans; Deebo; Tee; Mims; Marshall
TE: Kelce; Ferguson; Kraft; Irv Jr.;
K: Elliott
DST: Cowboys; Phins

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:44 pm

notorioustot wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:12 pm I have the 1.01 and 1.02 in Team 1 in my sig, and I am considering taking Murray and Haskins to pair with Mahomes. But I'm wrestling with taking one or the other and Harry, as I need WRs badly as well.

In the end of the day, in superflex, QBs are king and worse case, I have three startable QBs and that can't be a bad thing.
I'd say that's best case, but yea

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:25 pm

notorioustot wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:12 pm I have the 1.01 and 1.02 in Team 1 in my sig, and I am considering taking Murray and Haskins to pair with Mahomes. But I'm wrestling with taking one or the other and Harry, as I need WRs badly as well.

I have the same. Mine is best ball, though. I'm torn. Murray I'm taking a swing at with 1.01. (Baseball pun, get it :roll: ). Being best ball the more the merrier, but I also have serious concerns about Haskins. Waiting for landing spot. I also have 1.04, 1.08, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, 2.02 2.04, and 2.13 so a lot of room to maneuver. It's all TE premium. Because I have 1.04 I may go WR at 1.02 and if Haskins fall to 1.04 great, if not go WR again. I could also go QB, QB and grab whatever WR falls to 1.04. Anyway, back to your team.

I think that you definitely go Murray at 1.01. His upside is worth the risk. If he hits, he'll be great with that rushing upside, which Haskins does not have. I would recommend moving down a spot or two from 1,02 and picking up an additional pick, or player, if you are not sold on anyone at 1.02 at that point.