Hopkins vs Beckham

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Hopkins vs Beckham

Postby failblazer » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:49 am

Titans95 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:13 pm Realistically talking about any high end players like Nuk vs OBJ, Zeke vs CMC ect. you are going to need to add a late 1st most likely. These players are worth so much on their own that a 2nd round pick is practically worthless when in the same conversation as these types of players. No one is going to trade their preferred top 5 startup player for a lesser preferred startup guy for the chance to draft a guy like James Washington or Hines or Ballage in the mid 2nd round of a rookie draft.
Completely agree with this. You are talking preference and this level of asset and I am not moving off my preference without being given a very compelling reason to.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:20 am

Reviving this because I think it's a great debate. Everyone will have their preference but I personally chose OBJ in a startup over Hopkins. He's a year younger which isn't a huge deal but doesn't hurt. Granted he's had injury issues, but he will be catching passes from a QB that is a country mile better than Eli, has other people around him to avoid the double coverage and has extra motivation.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:48 am

Mike11 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:20 am Reviving this because I think it's a great debate. Everyone will have their preference but I personally chose OBJ in a startup over Hopkins. He's a year younger which isn't a huge deal but doesn't hurt. Granted he's had injury issues, but he will be catching passes from a QB that is a country mile better than Eli, has other people around him to avoid the double coverage and has extra motivation.
I still lean Hopkins, I think OBJ has more upside but Hopkins could finally have a solid receiving group around to help take coverage off as well. Both now have great young QB's that they will be with for the rest of their career. If you want to swing for the fences then OBJ is the best bet but Hopkins has had little to no missed time in his whole career and is as safe as they come to be a top 3 WR for the next 3-5 years.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:20 am

Titans95 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:48 am
Mike11 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:20 am Reviving this because I think it's a great debate. Everyone will have their preference but I personally chose OBJ in a startup over Hopkins. He's a year younger which isn't a huge deal but doesn't hurt. Granted he's had injury issues, but he will be catching passes from a QB that is a country mile better than Eli, has other people around him to avoid the double coverage and has extra motivation.
I still lean Hopkins, I think OBJ has more upside but Hopkins could finally have a solid receiving group around to help take coverage off as well. Both now have great young QB's that they will be with for the rest of their career. If you want to swing for the fences then OBJ is the best bet but Hopkins has had little to no missed time in his whole career and is as safe as they come to be a top 3 WR for the next 3-5 years.
I agree with that. I like OBJ's ceiling but Hopkins no doubt has the safer floor. This comes down to managerial styles probably.

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

Starters in Bold

Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:03 pm

Mike11 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:20 am
Titans95 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:48 am
I agree with that. I like OBJ's ceiling but Hopkins no doubt has the safer floor. This comes down to managerial styles probably.
Yup, truth be told for upside purposes I would argue Juju is the WR1 right now. I don't think his upside is near OBJ's on a given season but being 4 years younger is astronomical.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:25 am

It's probably more of a safety thing at that point, Juju is a lot younger so it's a reasonable statement, but we'll he has the question of how he handles double coverage and his consistency. Still a rock solid top 5 option and maybe #1 for a rebuilding team.

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

Starters in Bold

Flex Ekeler, Etienne

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:14 am

Mike11 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:25 am It's probably more of a safety thing at that point, Juju is a lot younger so it's a reasonable statement, but we'll he has the question of how he handles double coverage and his consistency. Still a rock solid top 5 option and maybe #1 for a rebuilding team.
I guess that's what I meant by best "upside" pick. If he can produce 110/1300/8 on a yearly basis like he did last season then he is easily the 1.01-1.02 behind Saquon. Obviously that's a big IF compared to guys like OBJ and Hopkins who we know will have that statline at minimum if they play 16 games but the upside of having that production out of a 22 year old WR is ELITE.