A. Robinson vs A. Callaway

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
gman6199
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

A. Robinson vs A. Callaway

Postby gman6199 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:45 pm

2018 stat line
Robinson 55/755/4
Callaway 43/586/5

I have Callaway and have been offered Robinson. I think Mayfield will be better then Trubisky in 2019 but, both are good and have upside. My thoughts are:
(1) Callaway and Mayfield showed improved chemistry towards the end of 2018 and I'm hoping that it continues into 2019 and beyond.
(2) Callaway is younger and I beleive his ceiling is higher while both floors are near equal
(3) Chicago spreads the ball out more then the Browns meaning Callaway will get more looks (receptions) in 2019

Obviousy what could go wrong is Callaway gets suspended for something dumb or the Browns draft another WR with a high pick.

I'm thinking of declining the trade but would like some opinions. I usually don't trade within the same position group but may make an exception. This is in a 10 team (Dynasty) 1pt-PPR. My other WR's are AJ Green, Sanders (IR) Edelman, Robby Anderson, Washington, Enunwa, Richardson, Marquis Lee (IR) Cain (IR) Djax, and Quinn

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Re: A. Robinson vs A. Callaway

Postby ascherb » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:04 am

Robinson is safer, Callaway, I guess, has a higher upside for now.

I guess I’d choose ARob if I had to decide now. Everyone talks about how the Bears like to spread the ball around, and they do. But if Trubisky takes a step forward and that passing game can sustain drives and improve as a unit, ARob will get plenty of targets as the #1 guy on the outside.

I have much less faith that Callaway enters 2019 as the #1 or #2 WR in Cleveland. They have ample draft capital and cap space and are clearly tasked with improving Mayfield’s supporting cast. I wouldn’t put it past the Browns to draft a WR high or spend some money.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:33 am

This is Arob by a good margin for now. Callaway is still a huge what if. I'm not an arob fan but he's been alright

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:15 am

Arob by a lot. Also, not sure how Callaway has a higher ceiling.

senska11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby senska11 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:51 am

ARob and it's not even close for me.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:03 pm

Piling on for ARob. Would take a mid 1st to close the gap.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:07 pm

I'd be extremely tempted to side with Callaway here based on age gap and my admitted thinking that Mayfield will be a star.

But, Callaway has some legal baggage to think about. Might this be a good time to shed some risk and take on a "safer" guy?
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:04 pm

Paul717 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:07 pm I'd be extremely tempted to side with Callaway here based on age gap and my admitted thinking that Mayfield will be a star.

But, Callaway has some legal baggage to think about. Might this be a good time to shed some risk and take on a "safer" guy?
Or the guy that's actually produced...

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:59 pm

ascherb wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:04 am Robinson is safer, Callaway, I guess, has a higher upside for now.

I guess I’d choose ARob if I had to decide now. Everyone talks about how the Bears like to spread the ball around, and they do. But if Trubisky takes a step forward and that passing game can sustain drives and improve as a unit, ARob will get plenty of targets as the #1 guy on the outside.

I have much less faith that Callaway enters 2019 as the #1 or #2 WR in Cleveland. They have ample draft capital and cap space and are clearly tasked with improving Mayfield’s supporting cast. I wouldn’t put it past the Browns to draft a WR high or spend some money.
This^. ARob ought to improve another year removed from his injury.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:01 am

Some people state that ARob's massive game in the playoffs was a selling opportunity but I dunno, I feel like Robinson was hampered by Trubisky's weird growth this year.

Some games Trubisky was fire, and others you cringed as to where the ball would go once it left his hand. Matt Nagy recently stated that we all, the public, have no clue as to how much Trubisky developed in 2018...and with Nagy at the helm, I'd really hope to see Trubisky take it further. I think ARob in that offense has just as much upside as Callaway "has"....and maybe that playoff game is a foreshadowing of what's to come?

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:56 pm

I think the big difference is we have seen Arod upside which was great with 14 TDS and 1400yards. I don't know if you could say Callaway has more upside than that.

PhillySpecial
Captain
Captain

Postby PhillySpecial » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:18 am

I own Callaway and I think he will be a nice WR3 and possibly a WR2. He is only 21 and did not play football in 2017 so he was playing catch-up for most of 2018. BUT, I would still go Arob here in this deal and I am not a fan of Arob at all. The Callway side needs to add some draft capital to get this deal done.
10 Team. PPR. 25 player roster. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF, 1D
QB - Justin Herbert. Anthony Richardson. Geno Smith. Sam Howell.
RB - Saquon Barkley. JK Dobbins. Tony Pollard. Leonard Fournette. Kareem Hunt. Devin Singletary. Zamir White. Tyjae Sharp. Jaylen Warren. Jerome Ford. Zach Evans. Chris Rodriquez.
WR - AJ Brown. DK Metcalf. Chris Godwin. Deebo Samuel. Amon Ra St Brown. Courtland Sutton.
TE - Darren Waller. Pat Freiermuth. Evan Engram.

2024 - 1st. 4th.
2025 - 1st. 4th.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:15 am

Robinson is tied to a good up and coming QB which I like. The same could be said for Callaway but I feel their are more mouths to feed in Cleveland. I would rather have Robinson moving forward.