Melvin Gordon - Return Timetable?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Melvin Gordon - Return Timetable?

Postby ajf235 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:24 pm

I know it’s totally speculative and no one really knows but what do people think MG’s return timetable is? They’re saying 2-4 weeks. I’m guessing it’s 2 if they lose to the Chiefs and Steelers (def possible if not likely), but they also could beat the Bengals without him so they may rest him longer. If they win 1 of 2 I’m guessing it could be longer to keep him ready for the playoffs. What do people think? You think the Chargers play it safe this time and hold him out through the entire fantasy playoffs?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Melvin Gordon - Return Timetable?

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:53 am

I think it's useless to speculate this but here I go...

The Chargers should be resting him until the playoffs because they have the 5th seed all but locked... no way they catch KC and the 5 or 6 teams below them are all pretty mediocre and one will just barely squeak into the playoffs at 9-7

Let's say Baltimore wins against Atlanta this weekend (50-50 chance imo) then they need to beat 2 of KC (nope), LAC (nope, Chargers stay in 5th), CLE and TB. I think the last 2 are wins

Look at Indy, the other 6-5 team. I think there are 3 very winnable games there, it just depends on which Colts team shows up.

Either way LAC would have to lose 4 out of the remaining 5 for them to lose out on the 6th seed.

So what's the point in rushing him back unless the coach has him on his own FF team?

senska11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby senska11 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:21 am

No way they catch KC? They're one back and have a game against them coming up. Based on schedules, it's not likely they get any tiebreaker against KC, but to say no way is a bit ridiculous.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:52 am

senska11 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:21 am No way they catch KC? They're one back and have a game against them coming up. Based on schedules, it's not likely they get any tiebreaker against KC, but to say no way is a bit ridiculous.
1 game difference is correct.

KC plays against OAK twice and home vs BAL... No way they lose either
Does @ SEA scare them? Doesnt worry me
Then Home vs LAC. LAC would have to win that game and then it's down to tie breaker IF...
LAC wins out which includes @PIT, @KC, @DEN
I'd be confident against DEN, but they did lose to them at home.

No way

Back to MG3 since that is the point here, if he isnt back for the week 15 game @KC they will lose and LAC is staring at a playoff berth so why rush him back before playoffs if he isnt ready???

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:46 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:52 am
senska11 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:21 am No way they catch KC? They're one back and have a game against them coming up. Based on schedules, it's not likely they get any tiebreaker against KC, but to say no way is a bit ridiculous.
1 game difference is correct.

KC plays against OAK twice and home vs BAL... No way they lose either
Does @ SEA scare them? Doesnt worry me
Then Home vs LAC. LAC would have to win that game and then it's down to tie breaker IF...
LAC wins out which includes @PIT, @KC, @DEN
I'd be confident against DEN, but they did lose to them at home.

No way

Back to MG3 since that is the point here, if he isnt back for the week 15 game @KC they will lose and LAC is staring at a playoff berth so why rush him back before playoffs if he isnt ready???
I'm with your logic if he doesn't make it back by week 15 but if he can suit up he will. The chargers are playing to win the division up until the end, not be a wild card. IF he doesn't suit up for week 15 or if they lose to the chiefs they may rest him until the playoffs but until its mathematically impossible for them to overtake the chiefs I think they'll do whatever they have to do win each game

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:41 am

Another note on the LAC can't catch KC because of the scheduling, remember when we were talking about the Wentz led Eagles like that last year. Not saying it will happen but this is football and coaches all acknowledge the fact that all it takes is one injury and any team is vulnerable, I think LAC does there best to try and win out

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:48 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:41 am Another note on the LAC can't catch KC because of the scheduling, remember when we were talking about the Wentz led Eagles like that last year. Not saying it will happen but this is football and coaches all acknowledge the fact that all it takes is one injury and any team is vulnerable, I think LAC does there best to try and win out
Sure, if the MVP candidate gets hurt, this all goes out the window. But that can be said about everything in Football. LAC would struggle to hold the world card if Rivers got hurt

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:50 am

That being said, I did hear a rumor about Gordon beig ready this week possibly? Either that's way too early and the original month time table was way off. Or he could sit this week and be 100% against KC in 2 weeks

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:38 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:48 am
Mjvb5 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:41 am Another note on the LAC can't catch KC because of the scheduling, remember when we were talking about the Wentz led Eagles like that last year. Not saying it will happen but this is football and coaches all acknowledge the fact that all it takes is one injury and any team is vulnerable, I think LAC does there best to try and win out
Sure, if the MVP candidate gets hurt, this all goes out the window. But that can be said about everything in Football. LAC would struggle to hold the world card if Rivers got hurt
I don't think his point was that KC is vulnerable if Mahomes gets hurt by LAC isnt... He's saying all it takes is 1 injury to any team to be majorly affected. What if KC loses Mahomes for 2-3 weeks next week and then lose the LAC in week 15? The chargers would be the #1 seed. Anything can happen in the NFL, I mean the freaking Bills made the playoffs because of Andy Dalton last year.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:08 am

Titans95 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:38 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:48 am
I don't think his point was that KC is vulnerable if Mahomes gets hurt by LAC isnt... He's saying all it takes is 1 injury to any team to be majorly affected. What if KC loses Mahomes for 2-3 weeks next week and then lose the LAC in week 15? The chargers would be the #1 seed. Anything can happen in the NFL, I mean the freaking Bills made the playoffs because of Andy Dalton last year.
Yeah sorry that's how I meant it, just that the coaching and GM staff know that all it takes is that one injury to put them with a legit shot to overtake the Chiefs BUT only if they commit to winning the rest of these games, as a result they'll most likely try and win out since playing @NE or @KC in round 2 and likely the other round 3 would be brutal

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 am

We are all in agreement then. Not sure why you took the LAC part of my post and ran with it. Everyone is susceptible to injuries. That's why this thread is here. It's useless to say "Well if this player gets hurt..." because that risk is always there with every player and team.

senska11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby senska11 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:46 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 am We are all in agreement then. Not sure why you took the LAC part of my post and ran with it. Everyone is susceptible to injuries. That's why this thread is here. It's useless to say "Well if this player gets hurt..." because that risk is always there with every player and team.
We're all in agreement there are many ways in which LA could catch KC. So you're statement of 'no way" is just wrong. It still isn't likely, but there definitely is a way, in fact there are many ways.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:44 pm

senska11 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:46 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 am We are all in agreement then. Not sure why you took the LAC part of my post and ran with it. Everyone is susceptible to injuries. That's why this thread is here. It's useless to say "Well if this player gets hurt..." because that risk is always there with every player and team.
We're all in agreement there are many ways in which LA could catch KC. So you're statement of 'no way" is just wrong. It still isn't likely, but there definitely is a way, in fact there are many ways.
No way unless a key player gets injured sure, but that could happen to literally anyone so why bother discussing it? You obviously didn't read my post that you quoted very well. Try again.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:22 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:44 pm
No way unless a key player gets injured sure, but that could happen to literally anyone so why bother discussing it? You obviously didn't read my post that you quoted very well. Try again.
What happens of LAC beats KC in week 15? Chiefs didn't look so great against the raiders, barely pulled off a win. Maybe they are regretting letting Kareem go, Ware didn't look all that great.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:26 am

Titans95 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:22 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:44 pm

What happens of LAC beats KC in week 15? Chiefs didn't look so great against the raiders, barely pulled off a win. Maybe they are regretting letting Kareem go, Ware didn't look all that great.
Barely pulled off a win? The Chiefs were playing on auto pilot c'mon man, watch the games. I already outlined that scenario also. Even if the Chargers beat KC (should be a great game) the Chargers would still need to win out because the Chiefs aren't losing to the Raiders Seahawks or Ravens. Then it would come down to tiebreakers which KC would hold the rights to better division record...

And please tell me how keeping Kareem would've helped them this week? You're bringing up irrelevant points in a Melvin Gordon injury thread. If he's back this week then none of this matters and the Chiefs still have the #1 seed