Lamar Jackson time? (aka Lamar vs. Gerinomo)

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
User avatar
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4061
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Yep. Prob won’t see this cat post again.

User avatar
Valhalla
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4472
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby Valhalla » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:26 pm

slaughterrt wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:32 pm
Yep. Prob won’t see this cat post again.
Which is really too bad

AussieMate
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1796
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby AussieMate » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:54 pm

Valhalla wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:26 pm
slaughterrt wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:32 pm
Yep. Prob won’t see this cat post again.
Which is really too bad
I'm not sure about that, he lost me when he isulted pretty much the entire forums intelligence just because they disagreed with him. Love a different take and even sticking by it, but started to seem troll-ish by the end.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 7954
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby sloth8u » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:06 pm

I dont find the offer insulting at all in a 1qb league. Id anticipate that a lj owner wants to wait it out, but i also remember the nfl (in general) wanting jackson to change positions.

Perhaps its allison's injury that has everyone here up in arms.

AussieMate
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1796
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby AussieMate » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:51 am

sloth8u wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:06 pm
I dont find the offer insulting at all in a 1qb league. Id anticipate that a lj owner wants to wait it out, but i also remember the nfl (in general) wanting jackson to change positions.

Perhaps its allison's injury that has everyone here up in arms.
I think it's most people believing he's a replacement level talent that has already been replaced, so if anyone is a true believer I can see then wanting Allison.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 7954
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby sloth8u » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:46 am

AussieMate wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:51 am
sloth8u wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:06 pm
I dont find the offer insulting at all in a 1qb league. Id anticipate that a lj owner wants to wait it out, but i also remember the nfl (in general) wanting jackson to change positions.

Perhaps its allison's injury that has everyone here up in arms.
I think it's most people believing he's a replacement level talent that has already been replaced, so if anyone is a true believer I can see then wanting Allison.
Agree whole heartedly, but the reality is that allison was averaging 15 ppg before going down. Was he replaced or hurt. We wont know till next year.

What we do know is that its highly likely (imo) that jackson will have success because of his legs rather than arm if he does manage to be a franchise qb. And that has proven to be risky business in the nfl.

Im not disagreeing that jackson has the "upside" because of rushing ability, my disagreement is that allison is a horrible offer like others are suggesting.

User avatar
Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:30 am

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby Pet_Smith » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:17 am

I don't think the offer was terrible - but it wasn't good in my opinion. People can have different opinions on value - that's cool - but I think it too often descends too quickly into childish petty ranting. If you have a contrarian opinion, awesome, I hope it works out for you. But if you've come to debate, maybe stick to why you believe X is so much greater than Y. Similarly, if you're one of the consensus on Y, maybe stick to the "facts" or consensus opinions. Look at the Carson thread - great debates (for the most part), led by Yeti articulating why he was against the grain.

Now, whilst I was on board with the Carson take, I'm all on the LJ side here. Allison has had a four game stretch, so possibly 3 games where you'd consider starting him as a Flex over the last 2 years (and that's in a 12+ size league). 20 whole points in 2017. 4 games isn't enough for me to warrant extrapolating into a full season worth of expectations, especially over 2 seasons. If he hadn't ended up on IR, then I think it could've been an overpay, assuming he had continued on his previous production - but with the younger rookies developing, and even Kumerow in the background his future beyond this year was already murky, and now it's even less clear.

LJ is purely about potential, but is a potential start(er). Sure he could be nothing but I wouldn't trade away a potential starter for a potential bye week FLEX play. I'd either want potential starter back, or someone I can slot in to help me win right now, but with expected limited shelf life.
Dynasty - 4th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad '17 Champ, '18 Runner Up

QB Mahomes [4.10 '17], Darnold [trade]
RB Harris [1.12 '19], Lindsay [FA], KJ [Trade], Akers [1.05 '20], Smith [3.07 '18], Homer [FA], Ozigbo [5.11 '19] (IR), Dillon (TS) [2.04 '20]
WR Metcalf [1.11 '19], DJ Moore [1.10 '18], Golladay [3.01 '17], C Davis (1.03 '17), Claypool [2.10 '20], P Williams [trade], Hamler (TS) [2.12 '20], Van Jefferson (TS) [3.07 '20], Cephus (TS) [3.08 '20], Coulter (TS) [3.12 '20], Watkins (IR) [FA]
TE Higbee [FA], Thomas [FA], Arnold [FA], Herndon [Trade], Sternberger (TS) [3.11 '19]
K Gonzalez [FA]
DE/DT A Smith [FA], Hunter(IR) [FA]
LB J Smith [FA]
C/S Poyer [FA], James (IR) [FA]

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1240
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby AZK » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:20 am

sloth8u wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:46 am
AussieMate wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:51 am
sloth8u wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:06 pm
I dont find the offer insulting at all in a 1qb league. Id anticipate that a lj owner wants to wait it out, but i also remember the nfl (in general) wanting jackson to change positions.

Perhaps its allison's injury that has everyone here up in arms.
I think it's most people believing he's a replacement level talent that has already been replaced, so if anyone is a true believer I can see then wanting Allison.
Agree whole heartedly, but the reality is that allison was averaging 15 ppg before going down. Was he replaced or hurt. We wont know till next year.

What we do know is that its highly likely (imo) that jackson will have success because of his legs rather than arm if he does manage to be a franchise qb. And that has proven to be risky business in the nfl.

Im not disagreeing that jackson has the "upside" because of rushing ability, my disagreement is that allison is a horrible offer like others are suggesting.
Right, but it was the approach that was really in question. If Allison is such a stud and LJ is such a bum why are you bashing those that don't agree with your value of Allison while trying to acquire the bum? This happens a lot in inexperienced leagues and is even more obnoxious first hand then some insignificant post on a forum.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 7954
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby sloth8u » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:06 am

AZK wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:20 am
sloth8u wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:46 am
AussieMate wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:51 am


I think it's most people believing he's a replacement level talent that has already been replaced, so if anyone is a true believer I can see then wanting Allison.
Agree whole heartedly, but the reality is that allison was averaging 15 ppg before going down. Was he replaced or hurt. We wont know till next year.

What we do know is that its highly likely (imo) that jackson will have success because of his legs rather than arm if he does manage to be a franchise qb. And that has proven to be risky business in the nfl.

Im not disagreeing that jackson has the "upside" because of rushing ability, my disagreement is that allison is a horrible offer like others are suggesting.
Right, but it was the approach that was really in question. If Allison is such a stud and LJ is such a bum why are you bashing those that don't agree with your value of Allison while trying to acquire the bum? This happens a lot in inexperienced leagues and is even more obnoxious first hand then some insignificant post on a forum.
im not sure the intent was to downgrade jackson, he wanted him.

pointing out that he is still a "prospect" seems rationale to me. im not real big on allison myself...but green bay does tend to develop wr's, maybe allison is the next guy in line. it certainly appeared that way.

honestly...im not even sure jackson should be rostered in his league. 10x20???


joeya2001
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2635
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:45 am

Don't know if it matters much, but ESPN is thinking he will start by giving him projections.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs

QB- Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Ryan Fitzmagic
RB- Chris Carson, Damian Harris, Le'Veon Bell Lenard Forunette, AJ Dillion, Miles Gaskin,
WR- Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, Amari Cooper, Robert Woods, Calvin Ridley,DJ Chark, Michael Pittman,
TE- George Kittle,Darren Waller, Jonnu Smith,

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

QB Joe Burrow, Kirk Cousins, Dwayne Haskins, Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB Zeke, Alvin Kamara, Aaron Jones, DeAndre Swift, Cohen, AJ Dillon
WR Deebo Samuel, Keenan Allen, Jarvis Landry, D.J. Chark Tee Higgins, Marvin Jones, Paris Campbell, Golden Tate,
TE Tyler Higbee, Dallas Goedert, Irv Smith, OJ Howard, Logan Thomas

“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

vtejrep
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:12 pm

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby vtejrep » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:25 am

5 pages into this thread and, for some reason, the name "Geronimo" still appears. What does one have to do with the other?

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8368
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:10 am

vtejrep wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:25 am
5 pages into this thread and, for some reason, the name "Geronimo" still appears. What does one have to do with the other?
The exact reason I started this...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=174256
[size=85]
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, D. Jones, Baker
RB: JT, Mostert (IR), Gaskin, Dillon, Hasty, Mattison, Scott, Wilson (IR), Damien (IR)
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Preston, Hardman, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1, 2, 3

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Minshew, Hurts
RB: CMC (IR), Saquon (IR), Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, M. Davis, Penny
WR: DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, G. Davis, Washington, Mooney, Lazard (IR), Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Irv, Tonyan
2021: 2, 3, 3
2022: 1, 2, 3, 3
[/size]

User avatar
DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby DJB » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:09 pm

I dont see him starting but still sprinkled in with RG3.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff
Follow me and my dynasty team @dynastylife_ff

User avatar
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1747
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby Blueboy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:53 pm

DJB wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:09 pm
I dont see him starting but still sprinkled in with RG3.
I could see that working much more efficiently than Lamar and Flacco.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest