Page 2 of 6

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:43 pm
by FantasyFreak
Elroypedro wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:36 pm
bjd5211 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:24 pm
Elroypedro wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:57 pm


Not sure if serious?

GMO is a solid flex WR when back from his minor injury with some situation concerns starting next season that take his value down but not too low.

Jackson is a complete lottery flyer taxi squad type guy who hasn’t started a game in the NFL yet.
No that is completely serious because no chance I would do that either. Jackson is a massive upside rookie, which we draft every year despite not playing any games yet... Alison is nothing more than an emergency WR3/flex play
Still not sure if you are serious or just don’t follow fantasy?

Geronimo, before being hurt this season, was on pace for 201.6 points in .5ppr over 16 games. Last year Tyreek was 8th among all WRs with 201.7 points.

GMO was averaging 12.6 points per game before getting hurt this year, which would have put him 11th last year amongst all WRs, right behind Landry, Fitz, MT, and Julio and right ahead of Thielen, Diggs, and AJG, all of whom averaged between 12-13 points per game last year in .5ppr.
I think GMO's should need to be labeled on all food products, personally.

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:45 pm
by bjd5211
Elroypedro wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:36 pm
bjd5211 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:24 pm
Elroypedro wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:57 pm


Not sure if serious?

GMO is a solid flex WR when back from his minor injury with some situation concerns starting next season that take his value down but not too low.

Jackson is a complete lottery flyer taxi squad type guy who hasn’t started a game in the NFL yet.
No that is completely serious because no chance I would do that either. Jackson is a massive upside rookie, which we draft every year despite not playing any games yet... Alison is nothing more than an emergency WR3/flex play
Still not sure if you are serious or just don’t follow fantasy?

Geronimo, before being hurt this season, was on pace for 201.6 points in .5ppr over 16 games. Last year Tyreek was 8th among all WRs with 201.7 points.

GMO was averaging 12.6 points per game before getting hurt this year, which would have put him 11th last year amongst all WRs, right behind Landry, Fitz, MT, and Julio and right ahead of Thielen, Diggs, and AJG, all of whom averaged between 12-13 points per game last year in .5ppr.
There are WRs all the time that produce like that for a time then fade back to mediocrity. He's seemingly been supposed to breakout for years now but nothing really comes of it, and as has been stated MVS has surpassed him on his own team already and ESB isn't far behind. Geronimo is a dime a dozen player, Lamar is a potentially generational talent who is going to be a fantasy monster if he can be developed into an NFL QB as the Ravens clearly believe he can.

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:58 pm
by Phaded
I cannot believe someone is diligently defending offering GA for LJax. It is an awful offer and I say that as a GA owner.

That said - RG3 might start, apparently.

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:04 pm
by Elroypedro
Phaded wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:58 pm
I cannot believe someone is diligently defending offering GA for LJax. It is an awful offer and I say that as a GA owner.

That said - RG3 might start, apparently.
Its because Allison is a clear overpay for Jackson. Not sure what bizarre paint based substance the people in this thread are smoking but it is either that destroying their brain cells or they just don’t play in good dynasty leagues and can get away with being so sloppy and uninformed. Either way it isn’t a good look for this forum

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:30 pm
by bdynomite
Elroypedro wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:04 pm
Phaded wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:58 pm
I cannot believe someone is diligently defending offering GA for LJax. It is an awful offer and I say that as a GA owner.

That said - RG3 might start, apparently.
Its because Allison is a clear overpay for Jackson. Not sure what bizarre paint based substance the people in this thread are smoking but it is either that destroying their brain cells or they just don’t play in good dynasty leagues and can get away with being so sloppy and uninformed. Either way it isn’t a good look for this forum
You're probably just trolling here but as (everyone) others have said, terrible offer. This is dynasty. No Lamar Jackson owners drafted him thinking he'd see much if any time this season. He's a bit of a gamble but has as high as top 5 upside with his skill set if he continues to develop. Geronimo barely starts for his own team; I wouldn't even love rolling him out on a bye week and I think he's already hit his ceiling. Oh yeah, and he's on IR :roll:

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:32 pm
by Elroypedro
bdynomite wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:30 pm
Elroypedro wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:04 pm
Phaded wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:58 pm
I cannot believe someone is diligently defending offering GA for LJax. It is an awful offer and I say that as a GA owner.

That said - RG3 might start, apparently.
Its because Allison is a clear overpay for Jackson. Not sure what bizarre paint based substance the people in this thread are smoking but it is either that destroying their brain cells or they just don’t play in good dynasty leagues and can get away with being so sloppy and uninformed. Either way it isn’t a good look for this forum
You're probably just trolling here but as (everyone) others have said, terrible offer. This is dynasty. No Lamar Jackson owners drafted him thinking he'd see much if any time this season. He's a bit of a gamble but has as high as top 5 upside with his skill set if he continues to develop. Geronimo barely starts for his own team; I wouldn't even love rolling him out on a bye week and I think he's already hit his ceiling. Oh yeah, and he's on IR :roll:
There is a small chance that Jackson ever becomes startable in a 1QB format. Small chance. Allison is already a usable piece with a short term injury that was showing solid WR2 numbers. Not potential. But actual numbers

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:50 pm
by Valhalla
Elroypedro wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:32 pm
There is a small chance that Jackson ever becomes startable in a 1QB format. Small chance. Allison is already a usable piece with a short term injury that was showing solid WR2 numbers. Not potential. But actual numbers
Actual, easily replaceable numbers...both on his NFL team by the increasingly experienced rookies, and in fantasy off the waivers or for very cheap via trade. That just isn’t worth much. Also...I’d bet when/if he comes back from IR, his utilization will be much less than it was to start the year, simply due to the rookies getting their time.
I agree Jackson’s chances aren’t great, but those chances do exist, simply because the guy can run with the best rushing qbs. If he hits, he hits a lot bigger than Allison. He probably won’t IMO, but consider who owns Jackson either drafted him or purposely traded for him. They obviously DO believe he can be a star.

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:58 pm
by ArrylT
Seems like you are the only one on the DLF Forums so far who prefers Allison to Lamar Jackson value wise - and even you offered Allison for Lamar Jackson. ;)

You are forgetting a few key 'facts'.

1 - apart from October, Lamar Jackson has been ahead of Allison in DLF ADP all year. And obviously October was due to a situational production bump.

2 - Allison is a UDFA they signed basically 3 years ago. He'll be a FA in 2019. Base case scenario signing is likely something like Cameron Meredith - and we saw how that worked out for Meredith this year - doesnt mean that Allison will get re-injured like Meredith - just that he'll be lucky if he gets a Meredith type opportunity.

3 - The Packers have other WRs - such as Marquez Valdes-Scantling ready & able to take Allisons place.

https://www.packers.com/news/marquez-va ... kie-season

Yes MVS is on pace to set Packer rookie records* makes it easier for Allison to be forgettable.

4 - Allison on IR means the Packers have to make the playoffs for him to make any more production. The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league for most - and fantasy owners follow suite pretty quickly too. So the production Allison put up in Sept is not going to matter to many in the off-season.

5 - Lamar Jackson has 1st round pedigree and QBs with 1st Round pedigree get plenty of chances. WRs with UDFA pedigree not as much.

6 - Lamar Jackson is getting plenty of postive buzz

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ra ... nt-thrower

Basically you're trying to sell a player whose perceived value is on the decline for a QB whose value didnt budge negatively all off-season and is now likely to bump upwards & even if his first season is rocky is going to have multiple chances to make good.

You can try and convince everyone that Allison is the better asset - but it is unlikely many are buying what you are selling - does not matter how hard you dig into your position it is not likely to convince many people because most people know that a 4 game sample from a UDFA is not something to base long term valuations on.

Allisons value to most owners when they drafted him or added him to their roster from FA was to flip him for something they valued more long term. You just tried that with Jackson - the other owner said "yeah not going to happen" so move on.

* - In the sense of having a top 3 rookie season for a Packer WR

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:01 pm
by Elroypedro
Valhalla wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:50 pm
Elroypedro wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:32 pm
There is a small chance that Jackson ever becomes startable in a 1QB format. Small chance. Allison is already a usable piece with a short term injury that was showing solid WR2 numbers. Not potential. But actual numbers
Actual, easily replaceable numbers...both on his NFL team by the increasingly experienced rookies, and in fantasy off the waivers or for very cheap via trade. That just isn’t worth much. Also...I’d bet when/if he comes back from IR, his utilization will be much less than it was to start the year, simply due to the rookies getting their time.
I agree Jackson’s chances aren’t great, but those chances do exist, simply because the guy can run with the best rushing qbs. If he hits, he hits a lot bigger than Allison. He probably won’t IMO, but consider who owns Jackson either drafted him or purposely traded for him. They obviously DO believe he can be a star.
I pretty much agree with this. The previous posters here were throwing out ridiculous hyperbole and either trolling or are developmentally challenged, but this here is a fair assessment. I still believe that Allison is an overpay straight up, even with his risk going forward, because Jackson’s risk going forward is 10x greater. Of course, as you say, Jackson’s potential upside is higher but it is just such incredibly long odds that he fulfills that. On average, about 2 QBs drafted every 3 years even become startable in 1QB leagues at all. He was the 5th drafted this year alone, and only one out of those 5 not starting. Isn’t even second string. Even with Brees and Brady retiring soon(maybe the next year or two?) he still has to overcome several of Mahomes, Wentz, Watson, Goff, Luck, Wilson, Newton, Cousins, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Trubisky, Mayfield, Stafford, Ryan, the other rookies in his class, and other QBs, plus each future year’s class of QBs that will be coming in more highly touted in better situations than him, just to become a QB2. Really, really long odds

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 pm
by Ukcody83
LJ is second string so you got that part wrong and he’s the only one of the rookies not starting because none of the other rookies have Flacco and his huge contract ahead of them

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 pm
by Elroypedro
ArrylT wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:58 pm
Seems like you are the only one on the DLF Forums so far who prefers Allison to Lamar Jackson value wise
I know. Not a good look for this forum at all that posters are so sloppy and uninformed of the very basics.

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:17 pm
by ArrylT
Elroypedro wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 pm
ArrylT wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:58 pm
Seems like you are the only one on the DLF Forums so far who prefers Allison to Lamar Jackson value wise
I know. Not a good look for this forum at all that posters are so sloppy and uninformed of the very basics.
I dare you to walk into a bar that does not serve a drink you like and then loudly complain about that fact. 8-)

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:21 pm
by Elroypedro
ArrylT wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:17 pm
Elroypedro wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 pm
ArrylT wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:58 pm
Seems like you are the only one on the DLF Forums so far who prefers Allison to Lamar Jackson value wise
I know. Not a good look for this forum at all that posters are so sloppy and uninformed of the very basics.
I dare you to walk into a bar that does not serve a drink you like and then loudly complain about that fact. 8-)
No. This is walking into a bar for trivia night and when I answer 1821 as the year Napoleon died everyone there insists together how could that be if he starred in that movie with his friend Pedro in 2004? And then when I order a drink they tell me all they have is bags of paint to huff. I’m not joining in with the paint huffing just because everyone else here is

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:21 pm
by AussieMate
Sounds like you shouldn't make this trade if you believe in Allison so strongly. You should be buying him everywhere rather than crying in this thread.

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:49 am
by LaDarius
I can't imagine many people preferring Allison to L Jackson in fantasy. You should be buying Allison everywhere you can if you value him that highly.