Lamar Jackson time? (aka Lamar vs. Gerinomo)

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby pokerface40 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:36 am

Bizarre day on the DLF forums. First jules shows up out of nowhere with a post about Dez vs OBJ in a startup 3 years ago then we get an ignorant new troll trying to clown us all. Go to reddit elroy with your lukewarm takes on how a JAG WR is worth anything close to a potential Michael Vick-esque fantasy asset.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:59 am

Elroypedro talks a LOT about paint huffing. I think he might be sending out a signal.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:51 am

pokerface40 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:36 am Bizarre day on the DLF forums. First jules shows up out of nowhere with a post about Dez vs OBJ in a startup 3 years ago then we get an ignorant new troll trying to clown us all. Go to reddit elroy with your lukewarm takes on how a JAG WR is worth anything close to a potential Michael Vick-esque fantasy asset.
As a Lamar Jackson owner, I don't think id even trade him for a mid end 1st in my super flex. I'm sure that's where his value is about now but the upside is so vast!
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:07 am

You are the WORST kind of owner, one in every league. So Allison is so much more valuable yet you want to trade him for a "long shot" as you put it? Why would you do that? This has to be a troll job. Don't go and bash another player you obviously want when you send a low ball offer that gets rejected. When the whole crowd on here is against you then you are obviously in the wrong.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:42 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:07 am When the whole crowd on here is against you then you are obviously in the wrong.
Not necessarily true...
Following the Murray and Cook additions, I felt like I was on an island defending McKinnon as an asset who would pay off still as the entire forum said he was near worthless. Then...oh wait...carry on :vsad:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:52 am

Valhalla wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:42 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:07 am When the whole crowd on here is against you then you are obviously in the wrong.
Not necessarily true...
Following the Murray and Cook additions, I felt like I was on an island defending McKinnon as an asset who would pay off still as the entire forum said he was near worthless. Then...oh wait...carry on :vsad:
You are getting your alternate realities confused again. Realitz XY354ZZ1 is the one where Bradford leads the Vikings to the Super Bowl and McKinnon had 1600 yards from scrimmage.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:01 am

Not necessarily true...
True this is extremely wrong of me to say. This take just seems more obviously wrong than your take

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:20 am

ArrylT wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:52 am
Not necessarily true...
You are getting your alternate realities confused again. Realitz XY354ZZ1 is the one where Bradford leads the Vikings to the Super Bowl and McKinnon had 1600 yards from scrimmage.
:lol: I will continue to say that if Bradford could only have had a semblance of a healthy career, the masses would appreciate/recognize his arm talent a lot more than we currently do.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:49 am

Elroypedro wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:57 pm
Bot101 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:48 pm
Elroypedro wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:44 pm I tried to give Geronimo for him in a 1 QB league right now but got denied somehow. Thought that was a big premium but guess not
Uh thats a terrible offer. I would have rejected it too.
Not sure if serious?

GMO is a solid flex WR when back from his minor injury with some situation concerns starting next season that take his value down but not too low.

Jackson is a complete lottery flyer taxi squad type guy who hasn’t started a game in the NFL yet.
Well, as others have said more kindly, you're wrong. Flat, dead, utterly wrong. "GMO" as you called him is a sub athlete and a replaceable talent.... whom is currently and quickly being replaced by Marquez Valdes-Scantling. The only reason Allison is even talked about is because hes catching passes from Rodgers, when hes gone we will likely never mention his name again in a startable fantasy context. Hes undrafted vs Jackson being a 1st rnd pick. And his upside for all of 3 games he plays per season is WR 2. Which is wonderful till hes inevitably on IR. The Packers think so highly of him (and Cobb) they drafted not 1, not 2, but 3 WRs in this last draft. Your league said you were wrong, this forum says you are wrong, and deep down you probably know you are wrong too.

Peace out and take your insults on mine and anyone else's intelligence with you, and thanks for giving me a reason to use the foe button! :thumbup:

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:09 pm

GA for LJ is awful. I have neither one, but I would not even be countering a deal like that.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Man, this is great! Most people either admit they were wrong or just quietly slink away, but this guy’s really digging in his heels. He’s a bigger GMO apologist than Monsanto.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:40 pm

M-Dub wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:26 pm Man, this is great! Most people either admit they were wrong or just quietly slink away, but this guy’s really digging in his heels. He’s a bigger GMO apologist than Monsanto.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Let's all agree to block Elroypedo, don't feed the dang trolls
10 team .5 PPR SF

QB - Mahomes, Jackson, Hurts, Zach Wilson
RB - Saquon, Chubb, AJD, Dobbins, Penny, Gio, T. Jones
WR - Hill, AJB, Diggs, Sutton, Jeudy, Bateman, Watkins, Slayton, Callaway
TE - Goedert, Pitts, OJH, Cook
Taxi - Mims, D. Brown, Jacob Harris

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:49 pm

mild wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:40 pm
M-Dub wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:26 pm Man, this is great! Most people either admit they were wrong or just quietly slink away, but this guy’s really digging in his heels. He’s a bigger GMO apologist than Monsanto.

Seems...harsh

I disagree with him but don’t mind him stating his contrarian opinion. Then again, he wouldn’t have offered the trade if he truly believes Allison was a better asset.
I’d respect it more if he stated his case for why Allison is better after trading Jackson away for Allison.

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:34 pm

Valhalla wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:49 pm
mild wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:40 pm

Seems...harsh

I disagree with him but don’t mind him stating his contrarian opinion. Then again, he wouldn’t have offered the trade if he truly believes Allison was a better asset.
I’d respect it more if he stated his case for why Allison is better after trading Jackson away for Allison.
A lot of immature trolls in this thread trying to pile on. Thank you for the more mature response.

There is more to a trade than just asset value. In a vacuum it is pretty clear Allison is the more valuable dynasty asset than Jackson in 1QB leagues. He would go several rounds ahead of Jackson in a competitive startup right now. But for both of our situations, it makes sense. He has ZERO younger WRs, and he has Mahomes, Goff, and Ryan as QBs on top of Jackson. I have a ton of young WR depth and only Cousins and Brees at QB. That is why I would overpay for Jackson in this case, as prying young QBs from other owners is MUCH more difficult than this would be.

Another owner in the league owns Brady, Roethlisberger, Trubisky, and another Rodgers, Luck, Mayfield. That is 9 out of the top 10 QBs so far this year on 4 teams. Guys have tried to buy some of those guys but this is a high $ competitive league(no team has less than 3 wins because there are no easy out guys in this league like there are in this thread) so there are a few owners using this strategy together to hoard QBs.

Jackson would be a nice lottery ticket for me despite his low expected value, even when compared to Allison. I’ll probably have to draft a QB this year if I don’t get Jackson, and maybe if I do anyways, but at the moment he is worth a slight overpay to me.
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:39 pm

It is very possible that Allison is not even a starter for the Packers next year though. I would even say probable.

He is a bigger lottery ticket than LJax but lacks the upside.

And once again, I say this as an Allison owner. Suggesting he is an overpay for LJax is just delusional, sorry.

And just noticed you are talking about a 10 team, 2WR and 1FLEX league.. You could argue Allison has no value.