Lamar Jackson time? (aka Lamar vs. Gerinomo)

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:04 pm

Man, this guy makes me want to overpay for Geronimo.

I’m thinking I send OBJ straight up for Geronimo...

Or do I need to add something to the OBJ side to make it fair?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:31 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 pm I know. Not a good look for this forum at all that posters are so sloppy and uninformed of the very basics.
Elroypedro wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:21 pm No. This is walking into a bar for trivia night and when I answer 1821 as the year Napoleon died everyone there insists together how could that be if he starred in that movie with his friend Pedro in 2004? And then when I order a drink they tell me all they have is bags of paint to huff. I’m not joining in with the paint huffing just because everyone else here is
- everyone else here AND in your league would rather have Lamar Jackson, a QB with immense upside, than a middling Packers WR who has lost his job and is on IR #basics

- Lamar Jackson has a chance to improve his value immensely this season... as opposed to a middling Packers WR who has lost his job and is on IR #basics

- your talking about Napoleon to make your point in a fantasy football forum, and then in the same breath claiming you're not the one huffing paint. that's basic alright.

- and you're rude to boot. you suck! #basics

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:35 pm

"That guy on your team sucks, this guy on my team is awesome. I'll trade you this awesome dude for your sucky one...... what NO? Are you an idiot.... you'll never win any league I don't know why you even play dynasty, you should go back to redraft you amateur."
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:38 am

Everyone is allowed to have their own values on players and trades. It’s completely natural that not everyone will agree with each other. However, it’s pretty immature to come to an established dynasty fantasy football forum, post about a trade where you clearly value Lamar Jackson over Geronimo (or you wouldn’t be trying to trade for him). And then you continue to play it up that Geronimo this Geronimo that, but Jackson sucks Jackson sucks. You use one set of rules to say how great Geronimo will be, but you completely different when saying how bad Jackson will be...

And then...when everyone else disagrees with you (in this forum, the other owner in your league, and likely yourself if you are looking to make that trade) then you act like a child and throw a fit about how everyone else is wrong and how everyone else is misinformed.

It really is funny to watch how feverishly you defend Geronimo’s value while saying how bad Lamar is...and yet you still want to trade the GREAT Geronimo for the HORRID Lamar. I don’t get it.

Either you are a child who can’t admit what everyone else already sees. Or you are hoping the other owner sees this thread and changes his mind (which obviously has backfired for you). Or you are simply a troll.

I can get on board with you being high on a player and being low on another player. Completely acceptable. I can even get on board with you defending why you feel that way and debating against others who disagree. Still good. But where this all falls apart for you is where you are trying to trade the guy that you value so much for the guy who has no future in the NFL.

At first I thought this just reeked of some reverse psychology...but after reading through all your posts...that’s giving you too much credit. I think you are too immature to handle the vast majority of people disagreeing with you. Or you are trolling.

wildabeast49
Role Player
Role Player

Postby wildabeast49 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:47 am

Did we gloss over the 'Allison would clearly go over LJ in startups' when ADP says otherwise and it's not somehow just this forum? Either way I'm thoroughly entertained here.
10 team, .5 ppr dynasty
QB: Brady, Wilson
RB: Fournette, cook, mixon, Ajayi, Gordon, Ware, Joe Williams, Hunt, Martin
WR: Evans, TY, Dez, Sammy, Coleman, Diggs, Ross, White, Fitz
TE: Watson, Eifert, Bennet

PPR 12 team superflex, limited devy (1 per year) heavy return yardage
Cousins, Rivers, Kizer
Fournette, Zeke, Mixon, mcCaffrey, Joe Williams, Mcnichols, Mack, Martin
Cooper, Evans, Watkins, Coleman, Diggs, Martavis, Chad Williams, Parker
Henry, Rudolph, Hodges

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:39 pm

Edit wrong thread

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Ukcody83 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:19 pm LJ might not have the highest floor but he has one of the highest ceilings I’ve ever seen at the QB position
Interesting take since it's about 50/50 whether he can complete a 5-yard pass to a wide open receiver. He's a talented RB tho for sure.

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:42 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:48 pm
Elroypedro wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:44 pm I tried to give Geronimo for him in a 1 QB league right now but got denied somehow. Thought that was a big premium but guess not
Uh thats a terrible offer. I would have rejected it too.
I would agree but I grabbed Jackson as a free agent not even forced to use a waiver in a 12 team PPR league with large rosters, and Allison was still rostered. Lots of people are short sighted I guess. I understand too that Jackson isn't worth a ton either.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:20 am

Lamar has top 3 upside as qb, and he also has a decent weekly floor with rushing.

Allison has flex value

which one would I rather?

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:13 am

Elroypedro wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:17 pm
grooner wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:10 pm
Elroypedro wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:57 pm

Not sure if serious?

GMO is a solid flex WR when back from his minor injury with some situation concerns starting next season that take his value down but not too low.

Jackson is a complete lottery flyer taxi squad type guy who hasn’t started a game in the NFL yet.
I agree, it's a terrible offer. You clearly value Jackson more also or you wouldn't have made the offer.
I value Jackson as a taxi squad Rookie who has not started a game with a ton of risk who could hopefully develop into a backup to Cousins starting in a year or 2 when Brees retires.

Geronimo is definitely worth more, in a startup he would go higher for sure, though not way higher due to his current IR designation(only a 6 week recovery, available for NFL playoffs), and because of RFA situation in GB next year.
Dude, Jackson plays for Baltimore. The QB there is Flacco. Why are you talking about Cousins and Brees?!?!?! :think:
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:19 am

Elroypedro wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:04 pm
Phaded wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:58 pm I cannot believe someone is diligently defending offering GA for LJax. It is an awful offer and I say that as a GA owner.

That said - RG3 might start, apparently.
Its because Allison is a clear overpay for Jackson. Not sure what bizarre paint based substance the people in this thread are smoking but it is either that destroying their brain cells or they just don’t play in good dynasty leagues and can get away with being so sloppy and uninformed. Either way it isn’t a good look for this forum
Dude, take a deep breath. OK, another one. One more... I'm not trying to be a dick (which you were). I don't own either guy but think that was a bad trade offer.

When a whole forum is disagreeing with you, then you might be wrong. ARod can make a lot of guys look good for short windows. Allison isn't some special talent. If he was why did the Pack draft THREE more rookie WRs???

Lamar Jackson hasn't proven anything yet, but neither have any of the 2019 1st round picks and you won't get one of those for Allison either. Potential. It's valued in dynasty. Running QBs have it in spades if they can become starters in this league.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:21 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:13 am
Elroypedro wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:17 pm
grooner wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:10 pm

I agree, it's a terrible offer. You clearly value Jackson more also or you wouldn't have made the offer.
I value Jackson as a taxi squad Rookie who has not started a game with a ton of risk who could hopefully develop into a backup to Cousins starting in a year or 2 when Brees retires.

Geronimo is definitely worth more, in a startup he would go higher for sure, though not way higher due to his current IR designation(only a 6 week recovery, available for NFL playoffs), and because of RFA situation in GB next year.
Dude, Jackson plays for Baltimore. The QB there is Flacco. Why are you talking about Cousins and Brees?!?!?! :think:
They’re the other two QBs on his team.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:22 am

Elroypedro wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:32 pm
bdynomite wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:30 pm
Elroypedro wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:04 pm

Its because Allison is a clear overpay for Jackson. Not sure what bizarre paint based substance the people in this thread are smoking but it is either that destroying their brain cells or they just don’t play in good dynasty leagues and can get away with being so sloppy and uninformed. Either way it isn’t a good look for this forum
You're probably just trolling here but as (everyone) others have said, terrible offer. This is dynasty. No Lamar Jackson owners drafted him thinking he'd see much if any time this season. He's a bit of a gamble but has as high as top 5 upside with his skill set if he continues to develop. Geronimo barely starts for his own team; I wouldn't even love rolling him out on a bye week and I think he's already hit his ceiling. Oh yeah, and he's on IR :roll:
There is a small chance that Jackson ever becomes startable in a 1QB format. Small chance. Allison is already a usable piece with a short term injury that was showing solid WR2 numbers. Not potential. But actual numbers
Then WHY are you trying to acquire him? And why are you interested in "overpaying for him"? What is special about him tht you would "overpay" for? Enlighten me, because I'm confused...

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:23 am

M-Dub wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:21 am
jetsfan5757 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:13 am Dude, Jackson plays for Baltimore. The QB there is Flacco. Why are you talking about Cousins and Brees?!?!?! :think:
They’re the other two QBs on his team.
:doh: lol. My bad. Didn't look at his sig...

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:25 am

:lol:
M-Dub wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:26 pm Man, this is great! Most people either admit they were wrong or just quietly slink away, but this guy’s really digging in his heels. He’s a bigger GMO apologist than Monsanto.