Lamar Jackson time? (aka Lamar vs. Gerinomo)

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Lamar Jackson time?

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Yep. Prob won’t see this cat post again.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:26 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:32 pm Yep. Prob won’t see this cat post again.
Which is really too bad

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:54 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:26 pm
slaughterrt wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:32 pm Yep. Prob won’t see this cat post again.
Which is really too bad
I'm not sure about that, he lost me when he isulted pretty much the entire forums intelligence just because they disagreed with him. Love a different take and even sticking by it, but started to seem troll-ish by the end.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:06 pm

I dont find the offer insulting at all in a 1qb league. Id anticipate that a lj owner wants to wait it out, but i also remember the nfl (in general) wanting jackson to change positions.

Perhaps its allison's injury that has everyone here up in arms.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:51 am

sloth8u wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:06 pm I dont find the offer insulting at all in a 1qb league. Id anticipate that a lj owner wants to wait it out, but i also remember the nfl (in general) wanting jackson to change positions.

I think it's most people believing he's a replacement level talent that has already been replaced, so if anyone is a true believer I can see then wanting Allison.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:46 am

AussieMate wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:51 am
sloth8u wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:06 pm I dont find the offer insulting at all in a 1qb league. Id anticipate that a lj owner wants to wait it out, but i also remember the nfl (in general) wanting jackson to change positions.

I think it's most people believing he's a replacement level talent that has already been replaced, so if anyone is a true believer I can see then wanting Allison.
Agree whole heartedly, but the reality is that allison was averaging 15 ppg before going down. Was he replaced or hurt. We wont know till next year.

What we do know is that its highly likely (imo) that jackson will have success because of his legs rather than arm if he does manage to be a franchise qb. And that has proven to be risky business in the nfl.

Im not disagreeing that jackson has the "upside" because of rushing ability, my disagreement is that allison is a horrible offer like others are suggesting.

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:17 am

I don't think the offer was terrible - but it wasn't good in my opinion. People can have different opinions on value - that's cool - but I think it too often descends too quickly into childish petty ranting. If you have a contrarian opinion, awesome, I hope it works out for you. But if you've come to debate, maybe stick to why you believe X is so much greater than Y. Similarly, if you're one of the consensus on Y, maybe stick to the "facts" or consensus opinions. Look at the Carson thread - great debates (for the most part), led by Yeti articulating why he was against the grain.

Now, whilst I was on board with the Carson take, I'm all on the LJ side here. Allison has had a four game stretch, so possibly 3 games where you'd consider starting him as a Flex over the last 2 years (and that's in a 12+ size league). 20 whole points in 2017. 4 games isn't enough for me to warrant extrapolating into a full season worth of expectations, especially over 2 seasons. If he hadn't ended up on IR, then I think it could've been an overpay, assuming he had continued on his previous production - but with the younger rookies developing, and even Kumerow in the background his future beyond this year was already murky, and now it's even less clear.

LJ is purely about potential, but is a potential start(er). Sure he could be nothing but I wouldn't trade away a potential starter for a potential bye week FLEX play. I'd either want potential starter back, or someone I can slot in to help me win right now, but with expected limited shelf life.
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:20 am

sloth8u wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:46 am

Agree whole heartedly, but the reality is that allison was averaging 15 ppg before going down. Was he replaced or hurt. We wont know till next year.

What we do know is that its highly likely (imo) that jackson will have success because of his legs rather than arm if he does manage to be a franchise qb. And that has proven to be risky business in the nfl.

Im not disagreeing that jackson has the "upside" because of rushing ability, my disagreement is that allison is a horrible offer like others are suggesting.
Right, but it was the approach that was really in question. If Allison is such a stud and LJ is such a bum why are you bashing those that don't agree with your value of Allison while trying to acquire the bum? This happens a lot in inexperienced leagues and is even more obnoxious first hand then some insignificant post on a forum.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:06 am

AZK wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:20 am
sloth8u wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:46 am

Right, but it was the approach that was really in question. If Allison is such a stud and LJ is such a bum why are you bashing those that don't agree with your value of Allison while trying to acquire the bum? This happens a lot in inexperienced leagues and is even more obnoxious first hand then some insignificant post on a forum.
im not sure the intent was to downgrade jackson, he wanted him.

pointing out that he is still a "prospect" seems rationale to me. im not real big on allison myself...but green bay does tend to develop wr's, maybe allison is the next guy in line. it certainly appeared that way.

honestly...im not even sure jackson should be rostered in his league. 10x20???

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:43 am

That was entertaining.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:45 am

Don't know if it matters much, but ESPN is thinking he will start by giving him projections.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

vtejrep
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby vtejrep » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:25 am

5 pages into this thread and, for some reason, the name "Geronimo" still appears. What does one have to do with the other?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:10 am

vtejrep wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:25 am 5 pages into this thread and, for some reason, the name "Geronimo" still appears. What does one have to do with the other?
The exact reason I started this...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=174256

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:09 pm

I dont see him starting but still sprinkled in with RG3.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:53 pm

DJB wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:09 pm I dont see him starting but still sprinkled in with RG3.
I could see that working much more efficiently than Lamar and Flacco.