Mike Williams and Corey Davis

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Mike Williams and Corey Davis

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:59 pm

jetsfan5757 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:47 pm
kuphal_99 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:30 pm I have an opportunity to move my Williams for Davis plus some FAAB. I am torn.
I would definitely do this. I believe in Davis a lot.
Likely not able to do that deal after today...

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:03 am

dc1986 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:27 am
ArrylT wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:45 pm Corey Davis may have just arrived - I am sure most of his owners are shouting "Finally!".
Finally!!!
:thumbup:

Big day for fans of Mariota and Davis. Both were becoming a bit of an afterthought. It was a big win against the Super Bowl champs and it was driven by the great play of these two. Hopefully this momentum carries forward.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:35 am

It was an exciting game for Davis for sure. I have a hard time jumping immediately to 'has arrived' status though. Mariota had an extreme number of passing attempts in a script against one of the leagues best rushing defenses.

Tennessee still continues to be a run first team (2nd in the league in rush attempts and 23rd in pass attempts). In a typical week they will revert to their short passes and 15-20 fewer pass attempts. Davis is good, but this offense will continue to have him put up plenty of performances like his first 3 weeks of the season and few like this week.

It would be easy to leave Week 4 also concluding that Taywan Taylor has also arrived. Although it's unlikely we see too many 344yd 43 attempt games from Mariota.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:30 am

Reljac wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:35 am It was an exciting game for Davis for sure. I have a hard time jumping immediately to 'has arrived' status though. Mariota had an extreme number of passing attempts in a script against one of the leagues best rushing defenses.

Tennessee still continues to be a run first team (2nd in the league in rush attempts and 23rd in pass attempts). In a typical week they will revert to their short passes and 15-20 fewer pass attempts. Davis is good, but this offense will continue to have him put up plenty of performances like his first 3 weeks of the season and few like this week.

It would be easy to leave Week 4 also concluding that Taywan Taylor has also arrived. Although it's unlikely we see too many 344yd 43 attempt games from Mariota.
No argument there. I certainly do not think that is a regular result going forward - but it is nice to see that what people expected of his upside is actually pertainable - given the right opportunity. As we know, last year Davis did not have the greatest Year I - so plenty of impatient people were already getting ready to label him a bust. We are probably going to see more of the 7-10 target games where he gets 10-15 points, but now there is actual proof that the upside is less theoretical and more actual should game planning / need arise - plus he had his 1st career TD. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:39 am

admittedly I'm pretty weak at WR, but I've been plugging in Davis as my second WR every week since about week 10 last year waiting for his breakout. Then finally pulled him in favour of Golladay and Cole this week, and I'm promptly going to lose a matchup I would've otherwise won.

Anyway back on point - I think the future is bright for both Williams and Davis. I'm not sure either will be a true WR1, but I like them both as high end WR2 with upside. Eventually. One swallow doth not a summer make and all that - patience required with both, but will be rewarded. IMHO anyway
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:56 am

Reljac wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:35 am Tennessee still continues to be a run first team (2nd in the league in rush attempts and 23rd in pass attempts). In a typical week they will revert to their short passes and 15-20 fewer pass attempts.
Maybe, but they have been horrible at rushing the ball this year. I'd argue that until they can figure out how to get the ground game working, perhaps opening up the passing game might be a bigger part of the game plan. Long term I'd assume Lafleur would like to have a balanced offense where the passing game's success is built off the run. End of the day, Davis averaged a healthy 8 targets per week prior to week 4. He's the clear leader of this group of receivers and I'm not sure he needs 15 targets to be relevant.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th