Trey Burton worth a 2.05?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
User avatar
gunzwil guinea pigs
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:22 pm
Location: Switzerland

Trey Burton worth a 2.05?

Postby gunzwil guinea pigs » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:18 am

Since the Colts signed Ebron, I'm even more desperate at TE... 2 weeks after the real NFL draft, our rookie offline draft takes place and this includes all free agents (who are locked atm). Trey Bubu is one of them besides Everett, ASJ. Everything else is gone :problem:

Im holding pick 2.04/2.05 and 3.07/3.09. When would you jump in on Bubu? How do you guys value him as a Fantasy option? Should I wait until late 3rd and pick one of them if avaiable? Would you even consider drafting a rookie TE?

-> I tried to acquire guys like ertz and even lower Tier guys like rudolph, walker... but wasn't successful
2QB-Dynasty - 10 Team standard scoring - 30man roster
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, D/ST

QB: Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Philipp Rivers, Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota, Will Grier
RB: Joe Mixon, Leonard Fournette, Rashaad Penny, Ito Smith, Ryquell Armstead
WR: Stefon Diggs, TY Hilton, Jarvis Landry, Calvin Ridley, Robert Woods, Terry McLaurin, Mike Williams, Marvin Jones, N'Keal Harry, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Tre'Quan Smith, James Washington, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Andy Isabella, Josh Gordon
TE: Zach Ertz
K: -
D/ST: JAX, MIN

Picks 2020: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th
Picks 2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

SteveVolk
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:21 pm

Re: Trey Burton worth a 2.05?

Postby SteveVolk » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:22 pm

If you can get Burton for 2.05, I say do it. I own a share and I'm really optimistic about his potential to reach TE 8 to 12 status, making him a low end TE1. Be optimistic about Kittle, too. —Best, Steve

User avatar
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3038
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Trey Burton worth a 2.05?

Postby Vcize » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:56 pm

I think he's worth a shot there. You can probably draft a rookie TE there that will take ~3 years to develop, or you can just go after the guy that's already had those 3 years and is now ready to show that he can produce.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Wentz, Burrow
RB: Barkley, Mixon, A Jones, Hunt
WR: Hopkins, ARob, Woods, Lockett, Preston, J Jefferson, Cobb
TE: Cook, Howard, Goedert

User avatar
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11405
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Trey Burton worth a 2.05?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:12 pm

Take Honey Bubu at 2.05. 25% chance he turns into a perennial TE1, 40% chance he's a solid top-20 guy who gives you a top 10 season every other year, and 35% chance he busts and is the next Charles Clay, or even Dion Sims.

Those are way better odds than taking a rookie TE there!

Although, are there any free agent WR, RB, or QB who will be strengthening the rookie class? If guys like McKinnon, Paul Richardson, and Albert Wilson are available too, then maybe a 2.05 is more like a late First...?
TEAM A - 12 teams (19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
BREES, Tua, Jimmy G
COOK/JACOBS/BELL, Dobbins, Swift, Gurley, Dillon, D Washington, Gio, Gallman
NUK/HILL/EVANS/GOLLADAY/K ALLEN, Jeudy, Hilton, Ruggs, Edelman, Wims
KITTLE, Waller, Gesicki, Akins
-
Not listing my IDP, but they matter as much as offense in this league. The Bosa Bros, D-Buck, and Cam Jordan are my main studs.
///
///
TEAM B - 32 teams, double copy - TEs get slight bump in scoring
DARNOLD, Herbert, J Love, Cam, Brissett, Tyrod
SAQUON/MIXON/CHUBB, Gordon, D Freeman, Gallman, L Miller
NUK/EVANS/OBJ/K ALLEN/THIELEN, Lamb, Hollywood, Landry, Edelman
KITTLE/ENGRAM, Ian Thomas, Akins, D Walker
-
Danielle Hunter, Aaron Donald, and Chris Jones are the cornerstones of my IDP squad. LBs and DBs are rag tag for now.

User avatar
gunzwil guinea pigs
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:22 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Trey Burton worth a 2.05?

Postby gunzwil guinea pigs » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:28 am

lukkynumber13 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:12 pm
Take Honey Bubu at 2.05. 25% chance he turns into a perennial TE1, 40% chance he's a solid top-20 guy who gives you a top 10 season every other year, and 35% chance he busts and is the next Charles Clay, or even Dion Sims.

Those are way better odds than taking a rookie TE there!

Although, are there any free agent WR, RB, or QB who will be strengthening the rookie class? If guys like McKinnon, Paul Richardson, and Albert Wilson are available too, then maybe a 2.05 is more like a late First...?
neither of these guys is avaiable. its only 10 team league but 30 man roster... best WR avaiable is jordan matthews by far :roll:
He will be drafted but besides him there isn't a lot of talent to find
2QB-Dynasty - 10 Team standard scoring - 30man roster
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, D/ST

QB: Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Philipp Rivers, Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota, Will Grier
RB: Joe Mixon, Leonard Fournette, Rashaad Penny, Ito Smith, Ryquell Armstead
WR: Stefon Diggs, TY Hilton, Jarvis Landry, Calvin Ridley, Robert Woods, Terry McLaurin, Mike Williams, Marvin Jones, N'Keal Harry, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Tre'Quan Smith, James Washington, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Andy Isabella, Josh Gordon
TE: Zach Ertz
K: -
D/ST: JAX, MIN

Picks 2020: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th
Picks 2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest