The 1.01: Fournette or Cook

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: The 1.01: Fournette or Cook

Postby Phaded » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:46 pm

cha wrote:Not Fournette vs Cook but Fournette vs Elliott

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -fournette
Because of the athletic profile of Fournette - I would expect many executives to prefer Fournette.
He is also the shiny new toy and the "once in a generation RB".. this year.

It is also worth noting that these are random unnamed executives. Not all executives have the same eye for talent; an anonymous quote does not mean too much.

I'm more intrigued in a Fournette vs Cook discussion to be honest - and the popular opinion will be Fournette, but I think there is a real chance Cook has a better NFL career.

On another note - how are both Fournette & Cook in pass pro?

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:53 pm

I've been watching YouTube vids to start my evaluation process as I have the 1.1.
My initial thought is that it just looks too easy for Cook, he gets the edge or runs through a huge hole, it seems like he barely ever has to juke anybody. Very rarely gets hit near you he LOS. As I watch full games I'll see how he handles not having gaping holes but my initial thought is he's not getting those holes or the edge in the pros.

Fournette is fun to watch truck people. He also has a cool 'get skinny' jump cut that I like. He reminds me of gurley though in that he is tall and upright but so fast for his size. I'm not sure that translates to the NFL as we are seeing with gurley. Still a ways to go and landing spot will be huge but I'm leaning fournette.

whaley88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby whaley88 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:14 pm

Nanananananana wrote:I've been watching YouTube vids to start my evaluation process as I have the 1.1.
My initial thought is that it just looks too easy for Cook, he gets the edge or runs through a huge hole, it seems like he barely ever has to juke anybody. Very rarely gets hit near you he LOS. As I watch full games I'll see how he handles not having gaping holes but my initial thought is he's not getting those holes or the edge in the pros.

Fournette is fun to watch truck people. He also has a cool 'get skinny' jump cut that I like. He reminds me of gurley though in that he is tall and upright but so fast for his size. I'm not sure that translates to the NFL as we are seeing with gurley. Still a ways to go and landing spot will be huge but I'm leaning fournette.
I was just talking about that earlier now that I've been putting more work into seeing who to take at 1.1 also. The way he gets small and still maintains the speed is crazy. I rather he not look for the trucking as that won't translate well to the NFL with the defenders being bigger. Other then that I don't see the same shiftiness from cook as I do fournette

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Just watched the footage of Fournette vs Alabama & Ole Miss.
Watched the footage of Cook vs Miami & Clemson.

Personally, I still like what I see from Cook better. But, I can see the draw to Fournette - he is an athletic freak.

Prickler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prickler » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:17 pm

In a straight up PPR scoring I think I'm leaning Cook. The one league where I own 1.01 the scoring is 1.5 points per 10 rushing yards. In that instance I'm drafting Fourentte.

cha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby cha » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:24 pm

Phaded wrote:
cha wrote:Not Fournette vs Cook but Fournette vs Elliott

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -fournette
Because of the athletic profile of Fournette - I would expect many executives to prefer Fournette.
He is also the shiny new toy and the "once in a generation RB".. this year.

It is also worth noting that these are random unnamed executives. Not all executives have the same eye for talent; an anonymous quote does not mean too much.

I'm more intrigued in a Fournette vs Cook discussion to be honest - and the popular opinion will be Fournette, but I think there is a real chance Cook has a better NFL career.

On another note - how are both Fournette & Cook in pass pro?
Well they are still executives and talent evaluators for NFL teams which makes their opinion far more relevant then a bunch of wannabe GMs on a fantasy football board. None of us are NFL talent evaluators and when some of them speak it is more valuable than a random posters thoughts on a Youtube vid.

People Mover
Role Player
Role Player

Postby People Mover » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:31 pm

What do you like better?

Fournette to Baltimore

or

Cook to Carolina?
1 team PPR league
Winner take all. $500 buy in.
I own 1.01, 2.01, 3.01, 4.01, 5.01 (plan to trade those picks for JMatt)

QB: JMatt
RB: JMatt, JMatt, JMatt
WR: JMatt-left side, JMatt-right side, JMatt-slot, JMatt-Vanderbilt, JMatt-sideline, JRice (just in case)
TE: JMatt, JMatt
K: JMatt

PingPwng
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PingPwng » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:35 pm

People Mover wrote:What do you like better?

Fournette to Baltimore

or

Cook to Carolina?
Cook to Carolina. Read up on how they are attempting to shift Cam's QB style to accommodate for his age and durability. They will need someone to pound the rock again.
Waiver Warriors|12 Teams|1PPR|1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX/1K/1DEF Roster 21 '14 R/U '17 Champ No '18 picks
QB:C. Newton/J. Goff
RB:T. Gurley/L. Bell NA/M. Mack/J. Mixon/S. Michel/K. Drake/R. Penny
WR:M. Evans/O. Beckham/T. Hill/ T. Boyd/A. Robinson/C. Godwin/D. Westbrook/A. Callaway
TE: I. Thomas/C. Brate/H. Henry (IR) K - M. Prater DEF - CHI

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:26 am

I would much rather have Fournette to Baltimore. Cam and the gang may want to change Cam's game, but if that happens is a completely different story. If Cam is playing he will always be a serious threat to steal goal line looks.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:27 am

Everyone brings up Fournette's injuries but it seems like Cook's shoulder injury that he actually had surgery for is glosssed over. Isn't that as big a concern?

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Fournette for me. Actually think he is separated by more than 1.02-1.04 are from each other. All are also very good players I would love to have on my team. I just think Fournette is the only guy I might be comfortable attaching 'generational talent' to.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:04 am

onetwothree wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:27 am Everyone brings up Fournette's injuries but it seems like Cook's shoulder injury that he actually had surgery for is glosssed over. Isn't that as big a concern?
People aren't talking about Cooks injury because it didn't keep him from playing in 2016 whereas Fournette sat out games because of his ankle. I do see your point of view but people are near sighted and only bring up the most recent injuries.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:00 am

Meanwhile, Mike Williams absolutely balled out last night...

If he goes to Tenn, I could see him pushing into this discussion.

People Mover
Role Player
Role Player

Postby People Mover » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:54 am

Very pleased with Mike Williams performance last night.
1 team PPR league
Winner take all. $500 buy in.
I own 1.01, 2.01, 3.01, 4.01, 5.01 (plan to trade those picks for JMatt)

QB: JMatt
RB: JMatt, JMatt, JMatt
WR: JMatt-left side, JMatt-right side, JMatt-slot, JMatt-Vanderbilt, JMatt-sideline, JRice (just in case)
TE: JMatt, JMatt
K: JMatt

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:50 am

sitting on 1.03. might not be so bad after all.. actually might make things easier not having to decided between those 3