At this point: AJ Green or ARob higher in your personal rank

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who do you have higher now?

AJ Green
48%
Allen Robinson
52%

Total votes: 119

Ron_Y
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

At this point: AJ Green or ARob higher in your personal rank

Postby Ron_Y » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:05 am

Who is higher in your personal rankings?
Primary League10 Team, 2QB, 2TE, .5 PPR: 3x Champion, 1x Runner Up
QB: Herbert, Carr, Howell
RB: Saquon, Mixon, A. Jones Henderson, Mitchell, CEH, Wilson
WR: Jefferson, Chase, Amon-Ra, Meyers, QJohnston, Zay. Mooney
TE: Kelce, Higbee, Parham, Likely,

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: At this point: AJ Green or ARob higher in your personal

Postby Jfever » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:20 am

OMG. Last week it was AROB over DEZ in ADP by this time next year. Mind you, Dez will be 28. AND nearly all of us preach talent over situation.... It is so comical how things get spun on the forums.

Personally it's AJG over AROB in my rankings as I try to base my rankings on logic and something tangible like history rather than hope

:wall: I can only assume this thread is Based off of yesterdays game. Why wouldn't it be....?

These knee jerk reactions and weekly comparisons here are really starting to get to me... Yes, he is a promising young talent. Yes he has looked very good at times. Yet... there are still some lingering (major) questions along with some inconsistencies in Jax. I own him. I am a fan. I hope he continues on this steady progression of improvement. He passes eyeball test etc. He is talented. etc. etc. But.. For all that is good in this world. THIS is dynasty and people, we simply need to see more DATA to come to these types of comparisons and conclusions. His body of work is simply way way to limited to even consider these comparisons. I simply find them funny. Almost child like in their reasoning and understanding.

ARob = #1 overall dynasty asset for some I'm sure.... For all of us that have our heads on straight; Give the kid some time... Something to be said about a proven commodity and a proven body of work - isn't there?

How about, AROB ore OBJ, or ARob or Sammy W., J.Matthews, Landry, Cooper, etc. That is more reasonable imo.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Ron_Y
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ron_Y » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:29 am

JFever wrote::wall: Based off of yesterdays game.

These knee jerk reactions and weekly comparisons here are really starting to get to me... Yes, he is a promising young talent. Yes he has looked very good at times. Yet... there are still some lingering (major) questions along with some inconsistencies in Jax. I own him. I am a fan. I hope he continues on this steady progression of improvement. He passes eyeball test etc. He is talented. etc. etc. But.. For all that is good in this world. THIS is dynasty and people, we simply need to see more DATA to come to these types of comparisons and conclusions.

ARob = #1 overall dynasty asset. for some I'm sure.... For all of us that have our heads on straight; Give the kid some time... Something to be said about a proven commodity isn't there?

How about, AROB ore OBJ, or ARob or Sammy W. etc. That is more reasonable imo.
I personally think this is more of a knee jerk response, than this post was a knee-jerk reaction. I dont know how to say that without coming across offensive, but i truly mean that with no offense to you personally. I definitely understand that we tend to have "recency bias" however this is a comparison between a steady producing green and an up and coming guy who had a good rookie year, and is having a great sophomore year.

At the end of last year, people had "knee jerk" reactions to OBJ and how well he was doing, and people were immediately ranking him higher than pretty much everyone, and they still are. Not saying ARob is the same as OBJ, but i think its a fine comparison between he and AJG who is the standard, safe bet in dynasty. He's kind of the base-line.

Regarding your final sentence saying it would be more reasonable to compare Arob to OBJ, i think thats far less reasonable since most view OBJ as the top dynasty asset, or at worst top 3 (behind Julio/Brown), whereas AJG is not often in that discussion.

Again, if i came across rude i apologize. Not my intent.
Primary League10 Team, 2QB, 2TE, .5 PPR: 3x Champion, 1x Runner Up
QB: Herbert, Carr, Howell
RB: Saquon, Mixon, A. Jones Henderson, Mitchell, CEH, Wilson
WR: Jefferson, Chase, Amon-Ra, Meyers, QJohnston, Zay. Mooney
TE: Kelce, Higbee, Parham, Likely,

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:36 am

JFever wrote:THIS is dynasty and people, we simply need to see more DATA to come to these types of comparisons and conclusions.

for some I'm sure.... For all of us that have our heads on straight; Give the kid some time... Something to be said about a proven commodity isn't there?

How about, AROB ore OBJ, or ARob or Sammy W. etc. That is more reasonable imo.
I think there's plenty of data to place him in the top 5 discussion, and there was before this game.

Julio, Brown, Dez, OBJ, Robinson, Hopkins, Green, Bell, Gurley, I think a case can be made for any of those guys to be top 5.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:42 am

AJ has never been one of my favourite players, and I love ARob. But AJ has done it for far longer than ARob, so it really has to be AJ until we see the same consistency out of ARob. For now, at least.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:53 am

JFever wrote:OMG. Last week it was AROB over DEZ in ADP by this time next year. Mind you, Dez will be 28. AND nearly all of us preach talent over situation.... It is so comical how things get spun on the forums.

Personally it's AJG over AROB in my rankings as I try to base my rankings on logic and something tangible like history rather than hope

:wall: I can only assume this thread is Based off of yesterdays game. Why wouldn't it be....?

These knee jerk reactions and weekly comparisons here are really starting to get to me... Yes, he is a promising young talent. Yes he has looked very good at times. Yet... there are still some lingering (major) questions along with some inconsistencies in Jax. I own him. I am a fan. I hope he continues on this steady progression of improvement. He passes eyeball test etc. He is talented. etc. etc. But.. For all that is good in this world. THIS is dynasty and people, we simply need to see more DATA to come to these types of comparisons and conclusions. His body of work is simply way way to limited to even consider these comparisons. I simply find them funny. Almost child like in their reasoning and understanding.

ARob = #1 overall dynasty asset for some I'm sure.... For all of us that have our heads on straight; Give the kid some time... Something to be said about a proven commodity and a proven body of work - isn't there?

How about, AROB ore OBJ, or ARob or Sammy W., J.Matthews, Landry, Cooper, etc. That is more reasonable imo.
Why wouldn't it be? Because even before this game, Robinson was a top 8 scoring WR at age 22 years old playing with a 2nd year QB that has a lot of room for has a lot of room for improvement. It's not like Robinson had a flash in the pan game. Quite the contrary, actually, considering how match-up proof and consistent Robinson has been. Yesterday's game just confirmed what anyone who has watched the Jaguars this year has already seen- that this kid is a special player.

Robinson is 5 years younger than Green and putting up numbers similar to Green's best season. The comparison is not nearly as blasphemous as you are putting on.

JSylvester87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JSylvester87 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:54 am

Granted I own ARob, but I won't trade him for AJG. He isn't more talented than AJG, but is showing very similar traits at a young age and on a team that will keep featuring him. He showed promise before getting hurt last year and has been the most consistent WR to date (if you take out week 1). The talent is there and I don't think anyone who owns him is trading him,'at least not unless someone offers a huge overpay.
War Eagle - 16 Team, going into year 9

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 TE/WR, 1K, 1D
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Dwayne Haskins, Mason Rudolph
RB: Le’Veon Bell, Dalvin Cook, Kerryon Johnson, Tony Pollard, Malcolm Brown
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Odell Beckham, Michael Gallup, Sammy Watkins, Antonio Callaway
TE: Mark Andrews, Eric Ebron, Tyler Higbee
K: Will Lutz
D: Bears D
Champion 2012, 2013 , 2014 runner up, 2019 runner up.

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:56 am

AJG has been the lowest rated "big WRs" in my own ranks for quite some time.
He has too many basically zeros from season to season. For whatever reason, Cincy seems to design week to week gameplans almost completely around making AJG a decoy or featuring him. Just feels like there is no in between.

The real tie-breaker IMO is age. Robinson is only in his 2nd year and 22 years old. He's got a longer career ahead of him, arguably the same ceiling while AJG is still producing top numbers, AND IMO the Jax offense hasn't reached its peak and is trending upwards. Cincy's offense is a top level offense as well, but with 2 good RBs and an elite pass catching TE, I feel like AJG has a little more competition for targets and some of that you can see in the week to week box scores.

Crucify me if ya want, but I been on the ARob bandwagon for a while and I plan on staying on it for the long haul.
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

EAK INC.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby EAK INC. » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:12 am

JFever wrote:OMG. Last week it was AROB over DEZ in ADP by this time next year. Mind you, Dez will be 28. AND nearly all of us preach talent over situation.... It is so comical how things get spun on the forums.

His post is completely fine and appropriate. As someone above mentioned, this response seems way more out of line. This is an interesting discussion because a lot of people still think AJG is more valuable than A-rob. So now could be a really good time to try and swap AJG for A-rob and maybe even get a little something else in return. If you want to wait until A-rob has done it for a couple more years and it's staring you right in the face, then you are losing out on a lot of potential value. It's called speculating. From other posts I've seen of yours it seems you are very risk averse. That's fine but some people like to make speculative trades in the hopes of acquiring guys before they really hit their peak. I personally think A-rob is a great speculative buy. He has been a little bit boom or bust but you can say the same thing about AJG.

abajaba
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abajaba » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:13 am

Look at AJG this year, the offense has been great along with Dalton but there are too many mouths to feed for him to be top 5. Yeah I have ARob and I'm a huge supporter/advocate of him. All top WRs have the volume of targets to get them those huge yardage totals. Just so you know AJG in PPR has 7 games where he's scored under 15 points then he does over 15pts (4game). He's currently hovering around top 10 in PPR, with that gigantic 40pt game in week 3. We have repeatedly seen Dalton's ceiling this season. Yes he is one of the most talented players at his position, I am not taking that away from him.

I'll take ARob > AJG for the future. He has 3 games under 15, THREE. Allen Hurns had a crazy TD game streak and ARob is just hanging out in this super young offense averaging 5 catches a game with the most 20+ targets in the NFL. Hurns was out yesterday and they start throwing to ARob everywhere and look what he does. How can you tell me this post is a knee jerk reaction? You take AJG and your sure history at age 27 and I'll take the 22 year old with the improving offense.

I hope you're smart enough to understand why most people have Nuk over AJG as well.
8 Team PPR Year 8: 2/3/4/1/DEF
2016 & 2018 Champion :dance:
QB-Rivers,Cousins,Eli,Tannehill
RB-Gurley,Fournette,Connor,Bell,McKinnon,Dion Lewis,Ballage,Yeldon,Doug Martin
WR-Evans,Nuk,Cooks,Diggs,ARob,Woods,John Brown,Doctson,Boyd,Ross,
TE-Kittle,Graham,Doyle

Rookie Picks: '19 - 3.8/4.8; '20 - 2nd/4th

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:23 am

Recent bias is always gonna skew things. I had an owner send an offer of DGB for Diggs yesterday morning before the games. He obviously revoked the trade and it isn't on the table anymore. Its crazy how one game changes peoples perceptions and evaluations.

Back to the topic.....Looking back at the top 15 thread is crazy. Arob isn't high enough imo. I wasn't a fan last year, and certainly wasn't buying at his price this off season. Its safe to safe I was wrong. He's looked every part of a stud. He has the size, passion(he talked about having a chip on his shoulder because no one groups him with the elite 2014 class), is paired with a young, talented, QB, and is still really young. Its crazy saying this, but I don't think we've seen anywhere near his ceiling. He's dominant at the point of catches and is a beast in the redzone. If Arob stays healthy he's gonna be a beast for years to come. Fun player to watch.

I love AJG. But Arob>AJG today imo. Both are special but one is a lot younger.

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:25 am

Where was Arob being drafted in rookie drafts last year?

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:33 am

dipANDglide wrote:Where was Arob being drafted in rookie drafts last year?
I got him at 2.10 in one league and 4.02 in another.

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:41 am

My thinking is that you'd have to pay pretty high prices for Arob at this point anyhow, likely at least top 10 prices at this point, if not higher. That coupled with what I've seen this year says "yeah, I'd rather have Arob than AJG."

I understand JFever's point about wanting more data, but I think one of the weaknesses people sometimes exhibit is a tendency to overcorrect and overguard against knee-jerk reactions by taking too long to re-value players.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:50 am

dlf_ryanf wrote:My thinking is that you'd have to pay pretty high prices for Arob at this point anyhow, likely at least top 10 prices at this point, if not higher. That coupled with what I've seen this year says "yeah, I'd rather have Arob than AJG."

I understand JFever's point about wanting more data, but I think one of the weaknesses people sometimes exhibit is a tendency to overcorrect and overguard against knee-jerk reactions by taking too long to re-value players.
Aye, it can be equally damaging to your dynasty team to under-react rather than over-react.