Tyrod Taylor or Kirk Cousins long term?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tyrod Taylor or Kirk Cousins long term?

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:19 pm

Who has the better long term value? I own Tyrod in a 2QB league and dunno if I should take a shot and try to trade him for Cousins. I like Cousins more long term as a prototypical pocket passer, but Taylor is the more evasive runner. I could see Tyrod out producing Kirk this season, but I'm looking at long term.

Any thoughts?

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Tyrod Taylor or Kirk Cousins long term?

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:47 pm

Tyrod Taylor by default because Kirk Cousins is terrible with little-to-no upside.

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:07 pm

Don't think either have long term value beyond this season

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:07 pm

I don't much like either guy long-term. But I like Taylor more for near-term hype and potential sell-high.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:18 pm

Agree with the others. I don't think either have long term value, but I'll take Tyrod because I think he at least has some upside.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

ajb3313
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajb3313 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:06 am

Neither guy is worth much, but give me Taylor for the reasons stated above. Plus, with his rushing ability, he should have a nice, steady floor every week. Cousins will probably have a couple big volume weeks, but he's a turnover machine and I don't believe for a second the Redskins are as committed to him as they are opposed to using RG3. I wouldn't be surprised to see Colt McCoy steal playing time from Cousins, which says a lot.
(12 Teams, Non-PPR, 15 Keeper Dynasty)
QB: Ryan Tannehill
RB: Eddie Lacy, Jeremy Hill, Charles Sims, Dion Lewis, Ameer Abdullah, Dwayne Washington
WR: Brandin Cooks, Keenan Allen, Donte Moncrief, DeVante Parker, Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Quincy Enunwa, Laquon Treadwell, Dorial Green-Beckham
TE: Travis Kelce

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:41 am

I'll go with Cousins

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:49 am

Starting Cousins is a subtle tank move for the Redskins, so they can get their pick of the QBs coming out in 2016.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:12 am

Dookmariot wrote:Starting Cousins is a subtle tank move for the Redskins, so they can get their pick of the QBs coming out in 2016.
They need offensive line help more than anything. Cousins could be the starter the next few years.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:20 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
Dookmariot wrote:Starting Cousins is a subtle tank move for the Redskins, so they can get their pick of the QBs coming out in 2016.
They need offensive line help more than anything. Cousins could be the starter the next few years.
Maybe, but I don't see it. Of course, since the Redskins will be hideous this year, chances are they'll have a shot at a top OL and QB in the first two rounds depending on how things fall.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:36 am

I'd take a stab with Tyrod Taylor before Cousins. We pretty much know what we've got with Cousins. Taylor is undefined, so has a potential higher upside. I can see Rex Ryan winning with Taylor just like he did with Mark Sanchez.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Krang
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krang » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:05 am

Pretty much piling on here, but if I was forced to choose one it'd be Taylor. Honestly though, if I wasn't needing to start one of them this year and wasn't expecting to get much/anything in a trade for one of them, I'd just as soon leave both on the waivers and keep the roster spot free.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:45 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote:I'd take a stab with Tyrod Taylor before Cousins. We pretty much know what we've got with Cousins. Taylor is undefined, so has a potential higher upside. I can see Rex Ryan winning with Taylor just like he did with Mark Sanchez.
I'm just curious what you mean by "we pretty much know what we have with Cousins"? I didnt think he has played in more than a handful of meaningful games, and those were in relief or due to an extended RG3 injury. Even when Cousins played, the organization wasn't behind Cousins 100%. I'm not saying that Cousins will come in and light up the world, only that I don't really think he has had the opportunity other than a couple of games.

RavingLunatic
Starter
Starter

Postby RavingLunatic » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:51 pm

ninotoreS wrote:I don't much like either guy long-term. But I like Taylor more for near-term hype and potential sell-high.
^^^This^^^

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:55 pm

slaughterrt wrote:I'm just curious what you mean by "we pretty much know what we have with Cousins"? I didnt think he has played in more than a handful of meaningful games, and those were in relief or due to an extended RG3 injury. Even when Cousins played, the organization wasn't behind Cousins 100%. I'm not saying that Cousins will come in and light up the world, only that I don't really think he has had the opportunity other than a couple of games.
He's started nine regular season games, played in more. Hasn't generated much trade interest from other NFL teams of which I'm aware. From what I've seen, he's pretty ordinary. I'll take my chances with Taylor.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.