Calling all SC Guys

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Calling all SC Guys

Postby tstafford » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:55 am

All,

Well we now have our own forum. Let's make it awesome! When I joined DLF I felt like Rorke, Nightmarion and I were the only SC guys but the group is growing daily. Let's do several things:

- Commit to checking this forum regularly. I'm worried that most people will just go the team advice section or dynasty league section and forget their SC brothers.

- Post the extra details. When you ask a question, please include all the contract details - cap, what it takes to extend a player after an expired contract, and contracts on the rookie picks. It's really hard to answer "Should I trade Tampa Mike ($15, 2) for the 1.08?" if we don't know what the 1.08 contract is or what your ability is to keep Tampa Mike in year three.

I promise I'll check this forum at least once a day and answer as many as I can.

Tim

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Calling all SC Guys

Postby eNdblu » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:56 am

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Great to see that there's a salary cap specific board now!
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

SteelerFan4Life
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SteelerFan4Life » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:44 pm

I love this idea.. Only problem i can see is people still posting in the Team Advice section due to the amount of people that go to that forum... manily because you know your going to get a lot of people that will read and respond to your questions... where you might not get as much here..

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:57 pm

janderson wrote:I love this idea.. Only problem i can see is people still posting in the Team Advice section due to the amount of people that go to that forum... manily because you know your going to get a lot of people that will read and respond to your questions... where you might not get as much here..
And that's my job to move the posts to the correct forum... :wink: :lol:

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:46 pm

Nice to see an area specific for SC.

I note that SC's place on the board index page is still above the IDP section. I guess my salary cap IDP league is still a pretty rare beast, but the rest of you will come around some day :angel:

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:10 pm

There should be a "pls read/what you have to post" beakdown in Dlf_Mark's locked post telling people to post the contract years and salary of every pick and player on both sides of the trade. This might mean less clarifying questions on our part and faster opinions for the people asking questions. Most SC players should know to do this, but many still aren't.

BigB
Captain
Captain

Postby BigB » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:34 pm

Love that this has been set up. People who don't do salary cap are completely overwhelmed by it sometimes, this should help a lot. Expect lots of posts to need to be moved for the next few days though until people get the hang of it!
10 team PPR,standard(2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE Flex,1 D).Cap 85 yrs/260k.26 man roster

2015:Champion
2014:Runner up
QB: Stafford 4/45k,Tyrod 3/14k, Bradford 1/15k, Glennon 3/1k, Hackenberg 3/5k
RB: Howard 3/5k, L Miller 3/22k , Rawls 2/1000, J Hill 1/1000, Perkins 3/5k, Charles 1/10k, Kelley 3/1k
WR: Hopkins 1/5k, D Adams 2/1k, Tyreek 3/1k, J Matthews 5/15k , M Jones 2/3k, Z Jones 5/10k, Boyd 3/5k, C Henderson 4/1k, A Stewart 4/1k, J Reynolds 4/1k
TE: Bennett 2/20k, Cook 1/7k, Njoku 5/10k, Higher 3/1k
Def: None

JockPostDT
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby JockPostDT » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:40 am

janderson wrote:I love this idea.. Only problem i can see is people still posting in the Team Advice section due to the amount of people that go to that forum... manily because you know your going to get a lot of people that will read and respond to your questions... where you might not get as much here..
I agree with this... but my thought is that I'd rather get 3 opinions of people that are more familiar with salary cap than 10 opinions from those who simply think from a dynasty stand point.

This forum is a fantastic idea.
Follow me on Twitter @JockPostDT

16 team Dynasty PPR - 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1K 1DEF $200 cap
QB- Luck, Mallet, Bridgewater
RB- JCharles, CJ Anderson, Hyde, JStew
WR- AJG, Kennan Allen, Reuben Randle
TE- Kelce, Allen

SteelerFan4Life
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SteelerFan4Life » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:45 am

JockPostDT wrote:
I agree with this... but my thought is that I'd rather get 3 opinions of people that are more familiar with salary cap than 10 opinions from those who simply think from a dynasty stand point.

This forum is a fantastic idea.
OH.. I agree completely!! I am glad that this forum was created...

BNKDynasty
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby BNKDynasty » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:06 am

MR ROURKE wrote:There should be a "pls read/what you have to post" beakdown in Dlf_Mark's locked post telling people to post the contract years and salary of every pick and player on both sides of the trade. This might mean less clarifying questions on our part and faster opinions for the people asking questions. Most SC players should know to do this, but many still aren't.
I like this idea Mr. Rourke. I am new to the forum but have seen questions asked and it is tough to analyze if you do not know the full parameters of the league being analyuzed.
Locker, Tannehill, E.Manning
AP, Spiller, Trich, Blount, Turbin
A.Brown, Hilton, Mi Floyd, T.Smith, D.Bowe, J.Jones, N.Washington, K.Thompkins
Gronk, Cameron, D.Allen
Rams, Titans
2014 (3.5, 4.5), 2015 (1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th), 2016 (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th)