Where to find Salaries for Cap League?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BoBBeR52
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Where to find Salaries for Cap League?

Postby BoBBeR52 » Wed May 19, 2021 9:54 am

Hey all!
My league has been running for last 7 or 8 years, and has relied on TSN for salaries, and our commish said that they aren't coming out with a magazine this year and won't have the player values that we use for salaries.

So my question is, what do you all use for player salaries?
Players auto renew every 3yrs, but salary can fluctuate depending on what TSN has been.

gmd0047
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Where to find Salaries for Cap League?

Postby gmd0047 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:00 am

Are your rosters already set? Probably a different style league but we do an auction to set our own market values rather than pre determined.

Capone's Cajones
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Capone's Cajones » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:50 pm

I run a salary cap league and I use the actual fantasy points to generate my salaries. A simple way to do it is to just take the fantasy points and divide by 10. I use this in a $250 cap league with a 22 player roster. The only drawback is it will undervalue players who got hurt, so you can also figure out the prorated points, and use the midpoint between the two as your salary point. So if a player had 300 fantasy points but was on pace for 350 points, his salary would be $32. You will still have players who missed the season (or most of it) undervalued, so you also have an option to include the previous year's points. I do 50/50 where a player only plays in 2 games or less, smaller % for those missing up to half the year. That tends to cover everything relatively fairly. Think a star player going down in camp or the season opener (I used to refer to this as the Jerry Rice rule, referring to the season he tore his ACL in the first half of the first game); star player was a 300 point player the year before but misses every game, instead of his salary being zero, you take half his 300 points from the year before and he's a $15 player now. Takes a little work, but if you set up a spreadsheet and insert points and games played and set your formulas right, it does most of the work for you.

May or may not be relevant to what your league does, but it's an alternative and probably more specifically geared to your league than a generic generated salary in a magazine/online site.

Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Postby Ski mask ready » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:22 pm

gmd0047 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:00 am Are your rosters already set? Probably a different style league but we do an auction to set our own market values rather than pre determined.
this. best way to do it. league should bid players values as they seem them relevant.
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"