Auction Values & Contracts

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gruden4GM
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Auction Values & Contracts

Postby gruden4GM » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:11 am

Putting together a new league and we'll be doing an auction startup with contracts included. How have people assigned contract length to auction value/salary? What did they like? Not like?

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Re: Auction Values & Contracts

Postby millworkguy » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:19 pm

I am in 3 salary auction leagues, and commish 2 of them, asst commish the other.

In the 2 leagues founded we have a 7 years cap limit, with a static cap, and 4% yearly raise (or $1, whichever is more). I still continue to take longer contracts on cheap players, and shorter contracts on more expensive players, try to build that way. Buying out several contracts that are 1-3% of your cap is easy, and i find cheap players highly movable. Especially at the trade deadline to a competitor who is near the cap. In my 32 team single player copy league, i have almost 50% of my cap on 2 wr's - Adams and Allen. and have traded/drafted cheap talent to build around (the rest of my team has CMC, Cook, Kittle, Simmons, Hubbard, Milano, Z smith, jackson, bell, james) buying cheap contracts (occasionally overpaying) but building cap space as a major advantage of my deals.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

Wigwam7
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Wigwam7 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:30 am

Been doing Auctions since the early 90s. (I'M an AUCTIONS ONLY GUY) I have no clue why people do draft pick drafts??? :wall: :crazy:
Best Format:
1. All draft acquisitions are a 3 yr. contracts
2. Option year is Year 3 (pre-season) you can opt to extend contracts at a given $ rate per each year extended.
3. There is NO CAP on the amount of years the owner can extend the player. Number of years will be naturally buffeted by price point (aka salary increase) like real NFL contracts.
4. Inflation % does not exist.
5. I provide custom auction values (IDP included) if you need them.
6. Email me if you have more questions

Cosmik Debris
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Cosmik Debris » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:03 pm

Entering our 18th season in an auction/salary cap league. We've only had 1 owner change during that time, so it seems to work for pretty well for us. The basics as they apply to the OP:
We have a 3 round rookie draft with assigned contract $ values determined by draft slot with the order determined by previous season (no snaking). Then the veteran FA/non-drafted rookie auction. Contract lengths are due to the commish a week after auction with a max of 4 years for rookies and 5 years for FAs. We have a max on contract years you can assign based on an average of 3 years per player for a max roster (ex. max roster of 25 players, 75 total contract years to allot).
10-team, no flex, standard scoring, $250 cap:
QB: J. Hurts ($1), Mac Jones ($3)
RBs: Barkley ($81), Mixon ($55), Pollard ($18), Perine ($1),Scott ($1), IR Penny ($1)
WRs: M. Williams ($30), DJ Moore ($7.00), E. Moore ($5.50), C. Claypool ($5), KJ Osborn ($2.50), J. Reynolds ($1), G Wilson (PS $7.00/5 yrs)
TEs: D. Goddert ($18), D. Njoku ($1), J. Johnson ($1)