My 2019 DST Stream

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

My 2019 DST Stream

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:07 am

I wanted to share with you my DST Stream strategy in USFL Superflex.

As some of you may already know, this is a 12 team salary cap / contract league. The league was created in 2014 and still has a DST component to it. However, there was a league vote to abolish DST after the 2020 season, which passed.

Most teams only roster one defense at a time. Our DST scoring settings are pretty mild, and they typically score between 3 and 10 points per week. So there's no great emphasis to hoard or chase top DSTs.

In 2018, I had already employed a mild DST streaming strategy, when I picked up 3-4 DSTs early in the regular season, picking DSTs that had match-ups versus the Arizona Cardinals. This strategy worked fairly well, as they generally scored a good deal of points against the Cards woeful offense.

In 2019, I wanted to replicate this strategy, but on a grander scale. I knew the Miami Dolphins would be a good target going into 2019, and so I went about picking up as many DSTs that I could that play Miami. Right before Week 1, our FCFS waivers opened up and I managed to pick up the Bills, the Pats, the Cowboys and the Lions, all of whom will play Miami (2x in the case of the AFC East teams).

And for some reason, my league mates have still not caught on to the tactic. Today, I found the Bengals and Jets sitting on the waiver wire, who will face Miami no less than 3 times in 2019.

In total, I will be streaming 10 DSTs versus the Dolphins in 2019.

:biggrin:

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: My 2019 DST Stream

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:12 am

A good strategy to get teams facing the Dolphins, I agree. I got killed by two teams this week who had Patriots defense.

What are the roster requirements like in that league?

I occasionally have two DSTs just for matchups like you are doing, but rostering four or five is insane unless the bench size is like 50.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:23 am

That's cool and all, though I think most leagues don't have the room to roster 4-5 defenses for the goal of streaming against one team.

Great for a league with deep rosters, bad for one where you could be picking up players instead.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:06 am

Max roster size is 25. But remember it's salary cap and contract, so it's all about having point scorers now. Teams restock each off season with a free agent auction.

I've got 10 DSTs in total atm. So nearly have my roster is made up of DSTs.

But it really speaks to understanding your league rules, set up and places where you can gain an advantage.

Thanks to Mahomes, CMC and Barkley on cheap rookie deals, my team is poised to compete now and I paid huge $$$ to get a couple of expensive free agents in Thielen and Kelce, giving me a thin but very potent roster of points scorers.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:23 am

If your really that into planning D strategy just look at who the Dolphins, Chicago, Giants, Washington, ect. Play the week before and take your pick
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.