Help with auction startup for salary cap league

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Help with auction startup for salary cap league

Postby M-Dub » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:19 pm

In the process for hammering out the logistics of a startup auction for a new salary cap league. My thought was that our auction budget should simply be the same as our salary cap. The winning bid on a given player would then become his annual salary. After the auction, owners would have a few days to determine the various contract lengths.

A couple other owners seem to favor using pre-established salaries, either from MFL or another website. I feel this could be confusing, since you’d then have to keep track of two different budgets at once: your salary cap and your auction budget.

I have several questions. Answers for any or all of them are greatly appreciated.

Is my idea of the auction budget being the same as the salary cap the easiest way to conduct a startup auction, or am I overlooking something?

Any recommendations for websites for pre-established salaries?

How long should we expect the startup auction to last for a 12-team league with 20-man rosters?

Should we recruit/hire an auctioneer to run the auction, or does the MFL platform adequately manage it so the commish won’t be overextended? Or should we use a different site for the auction and then transfer the league to MFL?

How many total contract years would you recommend for 20-man rosters?

We are trying to keep this league fairly simple to start out, at least by salary cap league standards. Half of the guys are brand new to dynasty, and none of us have played in a cap league before. If anyone would be willing to share a link to the bylaws of a very basic salary cap league they’re in, that would be great too.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Last edited by M-Dub on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

ProfPoobah
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Help with auction startup for salary cap league

Postby ProfPoobah » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:25 pm

M-Dub,

With a bunch of people new to dynasty, I would argue that the auction budget equaling the cap, with a predetermined rise in the cost for the player on a year-to-year basis, can be a very understandable means of doing business. I also say that as someone with very little background in using pre-established salaries or contracts for said salaries, so any of my other answers are based on the first scenario:

I'd say a 12-team, 20-man roster auction, from scratch, is probably 3.5-4 hours. Depending on how much the owners like to BS/trash-talk each other, of course, and how effectively the auctioneer runs things. To that end... In a league I started but yielded commissioner power on forever ago, I have been the auctioneer for a couple of decades, and a couple of other owners know to slide in and run things if I'm in a bidding war, and holding things up. Seems to go fine. Conversely, in another league, the commish recruited an auctioneer a few years ago, and he really appreciates not having to maintain as much during the draft, since he chooses to maintain a "big board" of rosters and cap info for everyone to see as well. *shrug*. Both leagues run the auction offsite and then the commish enters everything manually within 24 hours of the draft.

Whichever way you go, have fun and good luck...
Team 1 - 10-Team SF Full PPR - QB/2RB/2WR/TE/SF/3FLEX
QB - Jackson/Fields/Prescott/Garoppolo/Brissett/Lance
RB - Bijan/Breece/Stevenson/Foreman/Kelley/Hull/DJackson
WR - Chase/AJBrown/Wilson/Nucua/DJohnson/EMoore/Chark/DRobinson
TE - LaPorta/McBride/Fant
TAXI - Levis/Shaheed/Perry/Scott/Iosivas/CJones/Dulcich/Kraft/Likely/DAllen
2024 - 1.08, 2.02, 4.01
2025 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 4
2026 - 1, 2, 3, 4

Team 2 - 12-Team SF Full PPR - TE .5 Prem - QB/RB/2WR/SF/4FLEX
QB - Jackson/Goff/Murray/Ridder/Brissett
RB - KWilliams/Swift/AJones/Dowdle
WR - Chase/Waddle/Metcalf/Higgins/Mims/Jennings
TE - JJohnson/Mallory/Woods
TAXI - Hooker/RJohnson/Spears/Chandler/Iosivas
IR - Smith-Schuster
2024 - 1.05, 1.08, 2.02, 3.06, 3.07, 4.05
2025 - 1,2,2,2,3
2026 - 2,3,4

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:23 am

Poobah,
Thanks for your reply. I’m curious as to why you suggest salaries rising at a predetermined rate every year. Another owner has suggested this and my thought was that it would overly complicate things. Would the salary cap also rise at a similar rate, or is this more of a mechanism to promote trading and/or prevent roster stagnation?

My thought was to simply have salaries remain the same throughout the duration of the contract (we’re thinking 5 years should be the longest allowable). The owner would have one opportunity to exclusively renegotiate one year before the contract expires. The player would demand to be paid a salary commensurate with his current ADP. For example, if a WR just completed the third season of his 4-year rookie contract and is currently the dynasty WR8 on whatever rankings we decide to use, the owner would have to match the salary of the eighth highest paid WR in our league in order to re-sign him to a contract extension. Players could only be re-signed once, after which they MUST return to the FA auction pool upon completion of their second contract.

Again, these are just the musings of someone who has admittedly never played in a salary cap league, so feel free to shoot holes in them. Haha. I’d rather get this right than be right.

🦬PRIME🦬
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert

Hull Awaits

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:38 am

M-Dub wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:23 am My thought was to simply have salaries remain the same throughout the duration of the contract (we’re thinking 5 years should be the longest allowable). The owner would have one opportunity to exclusively renegotiate one year before the contract expires. The player would demand to be paid a salary commensurate with his current ADP. For example, if a WR just completed the third season of his 4-year rookie contract and is currently the dynasty WR8 on whatever rankings we decide to use, the owner would have to match the salary of the eighth highest paid WR in our league in order to re-sign him to a contract extension. Players could only be re-signed once, after which they MUST return to the FA auction pool upon completion of their second contract.
I like this a lot. I do something very similar, and it has been incredibly effective.

I would add: the player demands that his salary be matched (or raised by, say, 10%) OR is commensurate with his ADP, whichever is higher. Otherwise, you could extend someone for far less -- especially if an injury might have dropped his ADP recently.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:01 am

moishetreats wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:38 am
I would add: the player demands that his salary be matched (or raised by, say, 10%) OR is commensurate with his ADP, whichever is higher. Otherwise, you could extend someone for far less -- especially if an injury might have dropped his ADP recently.
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I forgot to mention that, but that was a stipulation we discussed. A renegotiated contract should at least be for the same salary as the original deal.

Any other suggestions or critiques are much appreciated!

🦬PRIME🦬

Hull Awaits

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:15 am

In the process for hammering out the logistics of a startup auction for a new salary cap league. My thought was that our auction budget should simply be the same as our salary cap. The winning bid on a given player would then become his annual salary. After the auction, owners would have a few days to determine the various contract lengths.

A couple other owners seem to favor using pre-established salaries, either from MFL or another website. I feel this could be confusing, since you’d then have to keep track of two different budgets at once: your salary cap and your auction budget.

I have several questions. Answers for any or all of them are greatly appreciated.

Is my idea of the auction budget being the same as the salary cap the easiest way to conduct a startup auction, or am I overlooking something?

Yes. This is the easiest and it also makes the most sense, at least to me.

Any recommendations for websites for pre-established salaries?

No, I'm not a fan of pre-establlished salaries.

How long should we expect the startup auction to last for a 12-team league with 20-man rosters?

Too many factors to say for sure, but I would say approximately 5-6 hours. I think that's more likely to be on the low side than not though.

Should we recruit/hire an auctioneer to run the auction, or does the MFL platform adequately manage it so the commish won’t be overextended? Or should we use a different site for the auction and then transfer the league to MFL?

I've never not done an auction with all of the owners in person. So I can't help you there. Commish and assistant commish have always run it. I always use MFL, and there does not seem to be any issues with transferring everything to the site.

How many total contract years would you recommend for 20-man rosters?

I don't usually play in that small of a league, so I can't help you there. I'd say two year contracts to start though, with the option to sign the players to long term contracts after the first year. 3 year contracts for the rookies to begin with.

We are trying to keep this league fairly simple to start out, at least by salary cap league standards. Half of the guys are brand new to dynasty, and none of us have played in a cap league before. If anyone would be willing to share a link to the bylaws of a very basic salary cap league they’re in, that would be great too.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

ProfPoobah
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ProfPoobah » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:22 pm

M-Dub wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:23 am Poobah,
Thanks for your reply. I’m curious as to why you suggest salaries rising at a predetermined rate every year. Another owner has suggested this and my thought was that it would overly complicate things. Would the salary cap also rise at a similar rate, or is this more of a mechanism to promote trading and/or prevent roster stagnation?
The salary rise in effect provides the opportunity to re-evaluate the cost of a player on a year basis, rather than looking at a set contract. i'll give you two examples. When I first acquired Antonio Brown, he was $6, and at that price, you're never going to cut him. He goes up $5 in this league every year, though, and I traded him at the deadline this year, when my team was out of contention and I wanted young talent (Chubb and Sutton, and the pieces that just netted me Devonta Freeman). He'll be $41 next year. His "rookie contract" is going on 8 years, without him going back into the free agent pool. However, Kerryon Johnson got drafted at $19 as a rookie. At $24 next year, I would say he's arguably not even protectable at this point, making his "rookie contract" far shorter. I think it allows the particulars of your league to set the price points for players, and determine their usefulness.

Of course, it's whatever you want to do, but I continue to feel that linking the cost of a player with what you yourself pay for him is very digestable for new players.
Team 1 - 10-Team SF Full PPR - QB/2RB/2WR/TE/SF/3FLEX
QB - Jackson/Fields/Prescott/Garoppolo/Brissett/Lance
RB - Bijan/Breece/Stevenson/Foreman/Kelley/Hull/DJackson
WR - Chase/AJBrown/Wilson/Nucua/DJohnson/EMoore/Chark/DRobinson
TE - LaPorta/McBride/Fant
TAXI - Levis/Shaheed/Perry/Scott/Iosivas/CJones/Dulcich/Kraft/Likely/DAllen
2024 - 1.08, 2.02, 4.01
2025 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 4
2026 - 1, 2, 3, 4

Team 2 - 12-Team SF Full PPR - TE .5 Prem - QB/RB/2WR/SF/4FLEX
QB - Jackson/Goff/Murray/Ridder/Brissett
RB - KWilliams/Swift/AJones/Dowdle
WR - Chase/Waddle/Metcalf/Higgins/Mims/Jennings
TE - JJohnson/Mallory/Woods
TAXI - Hooker/RJohnson/Spears/Chandler/Iosivas
IR - Smith-Schuster
2024 - 1.05, 1.08, 2.02, 3.06, 3.07, 4.05
2025 - 1,2,2,2,3
2026 - 2,3,4

Oriorden
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Oriorden » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:56 am

I’m a little jealous you get to run a new start up. Have fun! I’m only in one salary cap league, and we run it over at realitysportsonline.com (RSO). The format there is you use your salary cap as your auction budget. Makes more sense to me to just have one budget to worry about. The salary cap is the same as the nfl salary cap, so it increases every year. I know the numbers sound big, but the website handles it all and it’s actually very simple.
We have a 4 year rookie contract, but you can extend 1st round picks a 5 year like the nfl...average of the top 10 salaries at the position. During auctions, you can set how many 2, 3, and 4 year deals you can do each year. (We have 4 - 2 year contracts, 3 - 3 year contracts, and 2 - 4 year contracts. Keeps people in the free agent auction each year. I would check out the site...it’s easily my favorite format.

Oriorden
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Oriorden » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:51 am

Sorry...we have 1-4 year contract, 2-3 year contracts, and 3-2 year contracts.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:51 pm

Oriorden wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:56 am I’m a little jealous you get to run a new start up. Have fun! I’m only in one salary cap league, and we run it over at realitysportsonline.com (RSO). The format there is you use your salary cap as your auction budget. Makes more sense to me to just have one budget to worry about. The salary cap is the same as the nfl salary cap, so it increases every year. I know the numbers sound big, but the website handles it all and it’s actually very simple.
We have a 4 year rookie contract, but you can extend 1st round picks a 5 year like the nfl...average of the top 10 salaries at the position. During auctions, you can set how many 2, 3, and 4 year deals you can do each year. (We have 4 - 2 year contracts, 3 - 3 year contracts, and 2 - 4 year contracts. Keeps people in the free agent auction each year. I would check out the site...it’s easily my favorite format.
We actually did check out RSO. The auction room and FA bidding process with the AI acting as the player’s agent seemed like really cool features, but the ultimate dealbreaker was their lack of scheduling flexibility. They don’t offer double-headers, which is by far one of our most important criteria for a league platform. It’d be great if they ever decided to merge with MFL and give everyone the best of both worlds.

🦬PRIME🦬

Hull Awaits

mggoilers
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby mggoilers » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:04 pm

I’m doing a startup Dynasty, Auction, Cap, Contract league with owners who are new to the format. I used rules/bylaws from my long time league, which simplified a bit. These will evolve over time depending on the owners and direction they want to take. Here is my new one, looking for owners still:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2019/home/66541#0

Here is my other dynasty, cap, contract, which holds a rookie draft. This league has been shaped over time, but started out simply like my new one and evolved.

https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2019/home/13440#0

oklandr8rs2000
Rookie
Rookie

Postby oklandr8rs2000 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:14 pm

I am currently running a slightly more in depth contract league that allows extensions, bonuses, and restructures. In the process of our first year we ran into a lot of the same problems that are getting brought up in this thread and managed to overcome them, at least to date.

Extensions: In the off-season teams may extend the contract of two (2) players by an extra 3 seasons, no more or less. The only players eligible to extend are players with exactly 1 season left under contract. Franchise tagged players are eligible.
The player will sign for the average salary of the two (2) non-rookie salaried positional players that scored directly higher than them on the prior season and the two (2) non-rookie salaried positional players that scored directly lower than them during the prior season, plus 10% OR their current salary plus 20%, whichever is higher.
The extended players highest scoring season out of their previous two seasons will be used to judge who scored higher and lower than them.
In the case that the player being extended has less than two (2) non-rookie contracts above them in scoring, then the average will be found only using the available non-rookie contracts above in scoring and the two (2) non-rookie contract below in scoring.
The new salary will take the place of the following 4 seasons.

I like this because I think it's fairly realistic. Players/agents will judge their new contract based on the players that perform around the same that they do (the +2 and -2 rule), but they will always want to up the money a bit (+10% rule). However, picking the player's highest scoring season of the previous 2 to be the base stats to compare avoids situations like 2017 OBJ, who was hurt most the year but still needed a contract extension. I also like how if a player happens to find a cheap area that wouldn't increase his current salary much, he is still going to ask for a 20% raise.

Restructures and Bonuses: Each off-season a team may restructure one (1) contract from their team. A restructure allows the owner to move up to half of the salary from the upcoming season and spread it out amongst the remaining seasons of the deal, or it can also be in the for of a signing bonus, which would mean upping the upcoming season salary by up to half and the lowering the signing bonus money from the following seasons an even amount per season.
In order to be eligible for a contract restructure the player must have a minimum of 2 seasons remaining on the contract and must have a minimum of $4 per season on the contract prior to the restructure.
You cannot restructure a contract that was signed during the same off-season. However, you may apply a signing bonus to the first season on a new contract.
Rookie contracts cannot be restructured.

We've yet to see this done, but I can see how it would be necessary in upcoming free agency periods. If a team needs a couple extra dollars to sign a top FA they have the ability to push off some cash from a highly paid player into future seasons. Or is a team has a lot of cap room left over just before the season starts, they can choose to overpay a top player for the upcoming season to lighten the load in later seasons.

Cosmik Debris
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Cosmik Debris » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:05 pm

My auction/salary cap league is entering our 17th season. 10 teams with 25 roster spots + 2 player taxi squad. In 16 seasons, we've only had 1 owner change. We have a live rookie draft/vet auction that typically lasts about 6 hours (3 round rookie draft takes about an hour). Things that have worked for us:
  • $250 hard salary cap based on an average of $10/roster spot & 75 total contract years, 3 yrs/roster spot average. 15 player min. roster.
  • Rookies have an initial salary cap based on draft position with 1.01 starting at $10 and picks decrease by $0.50/pick with $1.00 min.
  • No auctioneer. Each owner nominates an available player and runs the auction for that player. Nominating order is the same as the rookie draft order (worst to first based on previous years' finish)
  • Winning bid is the cap value for FAs
  • When a player's contract is up, he becomes an RFA. Owner of RFA has the right to match high bid and retain player on a new contract.
  • Length of contract is between 1 to 5 years for vets; 1 to 4 years for rookies. Contract lengths are due to the commish one week after auction. One year contracts do not become RFAs to prevent owners from stringing a player out on a series of 1-year deals
  • Players can be cut without cap penalty during a summer meeting. Players cut anytime after get a 50% cap penalty (cut a $50 player, you get $25 of cap space, $25 dead cap money).
  • Waiver wire is closed during the offseason. In-season waiver moves are a worst-to-first order. Cap value is $1, 1-year contract. Waiver players obtained prior to week 7 are eligible for RFA rights at next season auction. Week 7 and later are not
  • All moves must fit within $250/75 year limits. Cap space can not be traded.
  • Taxi squad players' contract count in full, minus $1 & 1 year. Only rookies can be placed on taxi squad. TS players may be traded but must be moved to active roster prior to trade. Team acquiring the player must keep him on active roster
The live auction is the highlight of the FFL season. If you've never done one, you'll love it. Highly recommend a live draft/auction if you can get all owners to attend.
10-team, no flex, standard scoring, $250 cap:
QB: J. Hurts ($1), Mac Jones ($3)
RBs: Barkley ($81), Mixon ($55), Pollard ($18), Perine ($1),Scott ($1), IR Penny ($1)
WRs: M. Williams ($30), DJ Moore ($7.00), E. Moore ($5.50), C. Claypool ($5), KJ Osborn ($2.50), J. Reynolds ($1), G Wilson (PS $7.00/5 yrs)
TEs: D. Goddert ($18), D. Njoku ($1), J. Johnson ($1)

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:18 am

Cosmik Debris wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:05 pm My auction/salary cap league is entering our 17th season. 10 teams with 25 roster spots + 2 player taxi squad. In 16 seasons, we've only had 1 owner change. We have a live rookie draft/vet auction that typically lasts about 6 hours (3 round rookie draft takes about an hour). Things that have worked for us:
  • $250 hard salary cap based on an average of $10/roster spot & 75 total contract years, 3 yrs/roster spot average. 15 player min. roster.
  • Rookies have an initial salary cap based on draft position with 1.01 starting at $10 and picks decrease by $0.50/pick with $1.00 min.
  • No auctioneer. Each owner nominates an available player and runs the auction for that player. Nominating order is the same as the rookie draft order (worst to first based on previous years' finish)
  • Winning bid is the cap value for FAs
  • When a player's contract is up, he becomes an RFA. Owner of RFA has the right to match high bid and retain player on a new contract.
  • Length of contract is between 1 to 5 years for vets; 1 to 4 years for rookies. Contract lengths are due to the commish one week after auction. One year contracts do not become RFAs to prevent owners from stringing a player out on a series of 1-year deals
  • Players can be cut without cap penalty during a summer meeting. Players cut anytime after get a 50% cap penalty (cut a $50 player, you get $25 of cap space, $25 dead cap money).
  • Waiver wire is closed during the offseason. In-season waiver moves are a worst-to-first order. Cap value is $1, 1-year contract. Waiver players obtained prior to week 7 are eligible for RFA rights at next season auction. Week 7 and later are not
  • All moves must fit within $250/75 year limits. Cap space can not be traded.
  • Taxi squad players' contract count in full, minus $1 & 1 year. Only rookies can be placed on taxi squad. TS players may be traded but must be moved to active roster prior to trade. Team acquiring the player must keep him on active roster
The live auction is the highlight of the FFL season. If you've never done one, you'll love it. Highly recommend a live draft/auction if you can get all owners to attend.
Some really great ideas here. Thanks for the feedback. Can you tell me a little more about the “summer meeting” concept? Can literally ANY player be cut without penalty, regardless of salary or contract length? Do you at least impose a limit on how many players can be cut without penalty? If a player is cut after the summer meeting, is the cap hit a one-time penalty, or does it correspond with the contract length? For example, if I cut a $50 player with three years left on his contract, is that a one-time $25 cap hit, or am I on the hook for a $25 cap hit for the next three years?

Also, how did you decide on the rookie salary structure? That was something we had discussed, but I suggested we table it until after the startup auction so we could at least use the 2019 rookie salaries as somewhat of a guide.

🦬PRIME🦬

Hull Awaits