How to conduct a dispersal draft on MFL

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

How to conduct a dispersal draft on MFL

Postby bruiser » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:49 pm

I am taking up this assignment this offseason for the first time. This will be a tall order for me to conduct dual dispersal drafts for a split player pool, 32-team salary/contract league. I have decided to post this here rather than make a file of notes for myself on how I will do this each offseason. This is what I have found (by participating in dispersals) to be the best way to do this.

1. Duplicate your league. COMMISH SETUP>USE THESE ITEMS WITH CAUTION!>bottom left of page
a. COPY FRANCHISE INFORMATION: NO. COPY ROSTERS: YES.

2. Setup Draft. COMMISH SETUP>DRAFT SETUP>remove old draft date, create new draft date
a. Allow COMMISH SETUP>GENERAL DRAFT SETUP>AVAILABLE PLAYER POOL: BOTH VETERANS AND ROOKIES

3. Unload abandoned rosters. COMMISH SETUP>PLAYERS AND ROSTERS>LOAD/UNLOAD ROSTERS

4. Organize league home page. Keep only relevant information front and center. Remove clutter.

5. Create a list of available players. Make a message board post for owners to see in a concise forum exactly which players are available. Edit this list throughout the dispersal draft to help keep them focused.

6. Let the new owners do the rest. Upon completing the dispersal draft, direct your owners to go back to the main league site and trade their players back and forth.

I include draft picks in the dispersal draft. Draft picks included in the dispersal are actually custom players COMMISH SETUP>PLAYERS AND ROSTERS. Create a player (AA Madden, FA Coach) and list him in your message board post of available draft picks to identify him. I do not list individual draft picks in my dispersal draft... I package them in bundles of unequal value. You can get as creative as you like. The message board post is essential to help new owners keep that straight when they are evaluating the available players and picks.

NOTE: YOU CAN DO THIS WITH CAP PENALTIES AS WELL. I maintain the financial landscape in our salary/contracts league by creating a player (A Billy Beane, FA Coach) that is just a placeholder for dead salary (cap).

I hope this is of help to anyone that is conducting their first dispersal draft this offseason.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Re: How to conduct a dispersal draft on MFL

Postby millworkguy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:34 pm

bump, as it relevant again this time of year
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

Moto660
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: How to conduct a dispersal draft on MFL

Postby Moto660 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:23 am

why is creating a duplicate league better than just archiving the previous year's rookie draft and setting up a new draft through the MFL system on the current page? this is a genuine question that i'm curious of the response..

I think what i'm going to do in my league is archive the 2019 rookie draft, drop the players from the open teams into free agency, create the draft picks they had, and then run the custom draft on the 2019 site before moving the league forward to the 2020 site. Obviously i'll have to trade the actual picks between the teams based on how the custom pick name players were drafted..