Starting up a 16-team salary-cap dynasty w/IDPs. $50 (+Fantrax Premium fees)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TomAlb9
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Starting up a 16-team salary-cap dynasty w/IDPs. $50 (+Fantrax Premium fees)

Postby TomAlb9 » Sun May 02, 2021 1:17 pm

So, I wanna try something and hope I can get this to work…

I’m looking for 16 teams to take part in a start-up, salary-cap contract dynasty league on Fantrax. PPR scoring and IDPs.

$50 entry fee per year with the following payouts:
1st: $600
2nd: $150
3rd: $50
Most points through 17 weeks: $50 (Commissioner’s Prize)

League details:
- 40 active roster spots per team, 22 starters:
- 11 offense: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 3 W/R/T FLEX
- 11 defense: 1 DE, 1 DT, 1 DL, 1 OLB, 1 LB, 1 EDGE, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 DB, 2 FLEX IDPs
- 7 IR slots
- 5-man Practice Squad to be introduced in 2022

- $500 salary cap
- $100 FAAB for Waiver Wire during the season
- After the initial auction, each owner is responsible for handing out:
- Three 4-year deals
- Seven 3-year deals
- Fifteen 2-year deals
- Fifteen 1-year deals
- Releasing players means eating the full price on players in the current year and half of the salary in each year of any remaining years (There's also a provision to eat a whole contract for an unconditional release)
- At the end of a contract, a player can be extended up to 3 years at an initial $10 increased rate. Before the final season, a player can be renegotiated up to 2 years at a +$5 increased rate.

- Teams are broken up into 4 4-team divisions. The schedule involves playing your divisional rivals twice, and each of the 4 teams from two other divisions once.
- 8-team playoff. Seeds 1-4 for division winners, 5-8 for Wild Cards. The playoff structure is NFL style with re-seeding (but no byes)
- Rookie Draft is inverse order of finish like the NFL but picks 1-8 are done via lottery with the 8 non-playoff teams to avoid an overabundance of tanking.

Full league constitution, including an explanation of rookie contracts, Restricted and Unrestricted FA processes, more on extensions and renegotiations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ymm ... sp=sharing

- A Google Sheets doc will keep track of teams, draft picks, etc. in addition to FanTrax
- We’ll have a league Discord for chat, announcements, trade talks, recaps and more.
- I hope to get us going with a live auction within a month’s time but I want to make sure we have 16 committed owners before we jump into one
10-team salary-cap dynasty. 2 WRs, 2 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX. PPR scoring. $300 salary cap. 22-man rosters w/3-man practice squad.

Roster as of Aug. 2021:
QB
Matt Ryan
Baker Mayfield
Jared Goff
Trey Lance
RB
Derrick Henry
Aaron Jones
Raheem Mostert
Ronald Jones
Gus Edwards
A.J. Dillon
WR
Davante Adams
Courtland Sutton
Brandon Aiyuk
Tyler Boyd
Sterling Shepard
DeVante Parker
TE
Logan Thomas
Hunter Henry
Evan Engram
Jared Cook
DEF
Baltimore Ravens
Los Angeles Rams
Taxi Squad
Chuba Hubbard
Amari Rodgers
Larry Rountree

10-team, 1 QB, non-PPR. $300 salary cap. Roster as of end of 2021.
QB
Justin Herbert
Baker Mayfield
RB
Alvin Kamara
Aaron Jones
Myles Gaskin
James Robinson
Phillip Lindsay
TBD
WR
Courtland Sutton