Props to Pettine - Where are the Browns fans?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Props to Pettine - Where are the Browns fans?

Postby balaberda » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:48 am

My buddy is a browns fan. I know lol

But anybody else think Pettine deserves unreal credit. This team is actually winning games and every move Pettine has made has been pretty good in my mind.
He resisted the Johnny Football drama which 90 % of coaches would not have done.

The only knock on him is maybe how he has handled this RB situation but it is starting to become more clear. He maybe saw Tate as a cancer and gave West and Crowell both starts to see what he had. Once he realized he could trust his rookie RBs he cut the Whiner.

I think Pettine needs to be in the running for coach of the year with Arians.

pack4ever22
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Props to Pettine - Where are the Browns fans?

Postby pack4ever22 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:44 am

Wait, you want people to admit, on a public forum, that they are a Browns fan? Good luck with that, lol.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:33 pm

They'll make playoffs

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:36 pm

Eagles fan but I have always had a soft spot for down-trodden teams, and I love these upstart Browns. Hoping Pettine is the answer for them and they become a respectable franchise once more.

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:38 pm

They lose some games and the tough guy attitude can backfire really quick. What's happens when Gordon complains about not getting the ball enough?

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:45 pm

If the Browns can't succeed this year then I don't know if they ever will. There success is completely overblown IMO. There out of conference schedule is a cake walk.

NO, TEN, JAC, OAK, TB, HOU, ATL, BUF, IND, CAR
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote:They lose some games and the tough guy attitude can backfire really quick. What's happens when Gordon complains about not getting the ball enough?
1) Never known Gordon to be a complainer or whiner, but who knows, crazier things have happened. They have been on of the leagues most run-heavy teams, if not the most, because... 2) their WRs are terrible. Hoyer isn't a world beater, but with Gordon out all year and Cameron missing a handful of games, wouldn't you be run-based too? Especially when you have Kyle Shanahan as your OC and he comes with a proven effective run-game, but he also comes with a system that... 3) relies extremely heavily on the X receiver, which Gordon will play in this system. This, along with the general lack of explosive players on offense, makes me think Gordon will not only see plenty of targets, but probably lots of catches too.

Cheers!

DFHustle
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DFHustle » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:19 pm

If they can win games running the ball over 50% with not much of a pass game, Gordon at 75% effective (due to time off) will completely open up the running game even more. I think the schedule has been fairly soft so far and caught some decent teams at some bad times, but going forward I think they are a much better team without Tate's cancer and with Gordon back in. This will open things up for Hawkins I'm sure as well, even with Gordon getting touches, I think Hawkins will be much more efficient. Team is better going forward than it has been all season.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out this season and next season, if they can get their full roster together and with their rookies having developed further, this team could be very very good. Or this whole thing is completely lucky and they go back to the 4-12 team we are all used to.
10 team .5ppr: 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex(W/R/T) Champs: 2015
QB- R. Wilson, R Fitzpatrick
WR- AJG, Julio, D. Hopkins, A. Robinson, J. Matthews, J. Landry, D. Baldwin, R. Matthews, S. Diggs
RB- D. Johnson, T. Gurley, L. Miller, L. Murray, T. Riddick, J. McKinnon,
TE- T. Eifert, D. Walker
K- S. Gostkowski
DEF- KC

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:49 pm

And if you remember Pierre Garcon from last year, that's what Gordon is going to be playing. Target city. I too think the Browns make the playoffs, I think Gordon does put them over the top.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:09 pm

@MatthewBerryTMR 32m32 minutes ago
MT @MaryKayCabot Pettine joked that Hoyer is like a kid with a new toy: "Somehow every time Gordon was out there the ball went to him.''