Countdown to the NFL Draft: 1.21 Packers

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Countdown to the NFL Draft: 1.21 Packers

Postby meineymoe » Wed May 07, 2014 2:00 pm

I'm obviously not going to get to every pick before the draft kicks off Thursday night, so I'm gonna jump to the pick nearest and dearest to my heart: the Green Bay Packers.

I would encourage any of you to do the same, using the same or similar format in the subject header to get a discussion going of your favorite team.

CJ Mosley is a name that gets me very excited - it's hard to imagine that he would be around that long, but because of his injury past, many think he could fall. Also, Ryan Shazier is being mocked here quite a bit. so an inside run stuffing LB is an obvious need.

If not linebacker, then for sure a defensive back will be taken. Calvin Pryor is a name I've seen bandied about, but he's a player I've seen mocked as early as pick 1.09 to the Bills - not real confident he'll be there. Clinton-Dix should also be gone, but Jimmie Ward out of N. Illinois is also being mentioned in the same breath, so perhaps he's the one?

I really doubt the Packers take a TE in the first round, or a WR for that matter, but I don't think either is out of the realm of possibility if the right player is there.

-oo-

Amarok
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Countdown to the NFL Draft: 1.21 Packers

Postby Amarok » Thu May 08, 2014 9:50 am

Lifelong Packers fan here.

The smart money is on GB taking a Safety/LB with the first pick. In terms of who I'd personally like to see GB take (In order):

Clinton-Dix
Pryor
Mosley
Shazier

Look for them to snag a TE and some spotfill linebackers, DBs, or maybe a center in round 2-3...I'm hoping that TE is Niklas or CJ Fiedorksodjhsahd.
14 Team Dynasty League with 21 man rosters
.5 PPR, 4 pts/Passing TD, Scored w/ Fractionals
Start 1 QB/2 RB/3 WR/1TE/2 Flex/1 K/1 Def

QB: M. Stafford; E. Manning; R. Griffin III
RB: L. McCoy; A. Abdullah; A. Ellington; R. Mathews; C. Michael;
WR: C. Johnson; D. Thomas; Antonio Brown; J. Gordon; P. Harvin; D. Adams; D. Moncrief; J. Strong
TE: J. Thomas; L. Green; E. Ebron
K: C. Sturgis
DEF: Jacksonville

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Countdown to the NFL Draft: 1.21 Packers

Postby Butt Liqueur » Thu May 08, 2014 10:20 am

Amarok wrote:Lifelong Packers fan here.

The smart money is on GB taking a Safety/LB with the first pick. In terms of who I'd personally like to see GB take (In order):

Clinton-Dix
Pryor
Mosley
Shazier

Look for them to snag a TE and some spotfill linebackers, DBs, or maybe a center in round 2-3...I'm hoping that TE is Niklas or CJ Fiedorksodjhsahd.
Something about Clinton-Dix didn't Clinton-Clix with me. I wasn't too impressed with the footage I saw of the guy and I am hoping that GB goes elsewhere with this pick (or that he's already gone). Bottom line, they have to draft a guy who can PLAY THEIR POSITION. Stop grabbing guys and forcing them into roles they have no experience in. They could go CB here if they intend to move Hyde to the safety spot permanently, but I love Pryor or Mosley if they're there. Watch out for Ted to grab Shazier in anticipation of moving him to Safety. Ted doesn't like to draft great players, but he loves to try and create them

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th