Jets pick at #9 & #13

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
jteezy
Captain
Captain

Jets pick at #9 & #13

Postby jteezy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:16 am

As a fan of football, I just hate to see a team in such disarray. We all know they have so many holes. I'm not a Jets fan but if I was, would I be wrong to want the Jets to go RB, WR or WR, QB ? As a fan of football, I would like to see them turn it around. I think it would be exciting to see (bar is set pretty low as it stands) if they got some sexy playmakers.

I've left out names as rookie drafts are creeping up and my league mates read these.
PPR/IDP 14-team. 40 active roster.
Starting req. QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, 3 DB, 3 DL, 3 LB, DB/DL/LB

QB - Ryan, Eli, Bradford
RB - Charles, Lacy, Sims, De'Anthony Thomas, Starks, Oliver, DMC, Pierce
WR - AJG, Julio, Floyd, Jarvis Landry, Torrey Smith, Fitzgerald, Sanu
TE - Witten, ASJ, Cook
K - Tucker, Walsh
DB - Griffin, Earl, Barron , Gay
DL - Quinn, JPP, Moore
LB - Kendricks, Houston, Posluzny, Telvin, Burris

IR:
Dennis Pitta, Stephen Tulloch, Justin Blackmon
PS:
(1) Todd Gurley
(2) Amari Cooper
(3) Stefon Diggs
(4) Laquon Treadwell

2.01, 2.02, 2.04
2016 1st - 5th

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jets pick at #9 & #13

Postby tstafford » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:11 am

It will be very interesting to see what they do. They have clearly recognized they are in a rebuild, but oddly Rex Ryan is still there. Seems like he will want playmakers to help him keep his job, but is that really the best way to rebuild? It's not how SFO or SEA did it.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:20 am

I wouldn't be shocked to see them grab Tavon Austin & Geno Smith if they are available.

But this team just has so many holes. Goodson (and possibly Ivory) is just a stop-gap at RB. Their O-Line is quickly falling apart. They have no playmakers on offense (RB, WR, or TE). No QB. They have no pass-rush. It remains to be seen how their secondary will fare without Revis (and Landry's departure). Their LB's are old and bad.

With a new regime in town (minus a HC), I think they're likely to take a Pass Rusher @ 9, and then trade out of 13 to acquire a few extra picks in the 2nd-4th rounds in this deep draft.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

jteezy
Captain
Captain

Postby jteezy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:53 am

kmbryant09 wrote:I wouldn't be shocked to see them grab Tavon Austin & Geno Smith if they are available.

But this team just has so many holes. Goodson (and possibly Ivory) is just a stop-gap at RB. Their O-Line is quickly falling apart. They have no playmakers on offense (RB, WR, or TE). No QB. They have no pass-rush. It remains to be seen how their secondary will fare without Revis (and Landry's departure). Their LB's are old and bad.

With a new regime in town (minus a HC), I think they're likely to take a Pass Rusher @ 9, and then trade out of 13 to acquire a few extra picks in the 2nd-4th rounds in this deep draft.
With a such a deep draft, trading back from 13 might be the best option. I'm but so sure any QB is worth the 13th pick. I think they can grab a QB early 20's just before Minnesota (don't like their QB's) and gain extra picks. Lucky for them it's a deep enough draft they may hit on some late picks as well.

QB - Ryan, Eli, Bradford
TE - Witten, ASJ, Cook
K - Tucker, Walsh
DL - Quinn, JPP, Moore

IR:
PS:
(1) Todd Gurley
(2) Amari Cooper
(3) Stefon Diggs
(4) Laquon Treadwell

2.01, 2.02, 2.04
2016 1st - 5th

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:10 am

I'm still having a tough time getting on board with taking a very talented, but still small framed, slot receiver with a top pick. He's basically built like DeShean Jackson and he went 49th overall and has had his share of injury concerns. There are too many other good receivers we could get later imo and load up on other positions early. Maybe Austin is that good but I'm not totally sold.

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:32 am

To me, drafting WR, RB, or TE right now ignores the fact that they need a QB. I don't think any of the QBs in this draft are the answer so if I were them I would stock up on defense, and O-line. That way when you bring in a QB he'll have a chance to stay upright. You can use the same draft or year in FA to get a few more pieces around the QB.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:39 am

I'd take Cooper at 9 and Fluker at 13. Trade a 5th for Ivory to pair him with Goodson, and you've at least got a foundation on offense. D'brickashaw Ferguson and Fluker handling the tackles(RT was a huge problem all year) and Mangold on the inside next to Cooper gives you an elite offense live. You get your franchise QB next year and he steps into a great core around him and finding the weapons is the easy part, you at least made sure you protected your guy and can run the ball effectively.

Ideally they are so bad all over, they need to trade down at both picks for a 2nd on both moves as they need the bodies. If not, I'd take advantage of adding 2 elite lineman to the 2 elite lineman they already have and giving my TEAM a strength in one area. I know they need help on defense but they need help everywhere, and I'd feel better about that situation that I'd draft a QB into.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:00 pm

I'm on board with that. O line and maybe D if we keep the picks.

mike b
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby mike b » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:22 pm

I think that they'll pick millner if he's there and mingo at 13 . if millner is gone they might go with austin.

jteezy
Captain
Captain

Postby jteezy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:17 pm

I do not like their 13th pick at all with Wilkerson already on roster.

QB - Ryan, Eli, Bradford
TE - Witten, ASJ, Cook
K - Tucker, Walsh
DL - Quinn, JPP, Moore

IR:
PS:
(1) Todd Gurley
(2) Amari Cooper
(3) Stefon Diggs
(4) Laquon Treadwell

2.01, 2.02, 2.04
2016 1st - 5th

dxw100
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dxw100 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:03 am

Would he play DE or would they keep wilkerson and coples at DE and stick him at NT?
12 Team, Roster-40 TS-4 IR-2, PPR( 1/TE, 0.5/WR, 0/RB), IDP balanced scoring
QB(1): Cam, R. Wilson, Winston
RB(1-2): Charles, Gordon, McKInnon, L.Murray, K. Davis, C. West
WR(1-4): Calvin, O. Beckham, D. Hopkins, T. Austin, Abbrederis, R. Streater, Conley, Bell
TE(0-2): Gronk, Kelce, Escobar, Gilmore
K(1):
DL(2-3): Watt, Campbell, Atkins, Melton, Hunt
LB(2-3): Burfict, Pozlunszy, Greenway, Rey, Shazier, T. Smith, Riley
DB(2-3): Ward, Berry, McDonald, Verner, Jennings

12 Team, Roster-24 IR-3, PPR( 1.5/TE, 1/WR, 0.5/RB), Superflex
QB (1-2): Luck, Cam, Teddy, JFF
RB (2-4): AP, Hill, Gio, Gurley, Ellington, Duke, CMike
WR (2-5): Cobb, Alshon, Landry, ARob, Larry Fitz, D. Adams, C. Johnson, Perriman, Parker
TE (1-4): Jimmy, Kelce, Allen

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:14 am

I don't think the Jets maximized the value of their picks last night. Milliner was a nice pickup at #9, but that #13 pick should have been traded. New York has so many needs, and some extra picks would have been nice.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:17 am

Richardson is a beast. Just bc Kiper didn't gush about him and Gruden didn't like the pick, it doesn't mean Richardson isn't good. Do some research and I promise that your opinions will change.

SFO wanted to trade up for him, if that tells you anything...they are notoriously good talent evaluators.

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:23 am

I feel sorry for Milliner getting stuck with a dysfunctional team and the label of the guy who replaced Revis.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:00 am

TryingToWin wrote:Richardson is a beast. Just bc Kiper didn't gush about him and Gruden didn't like the pick, it doesn't mean Richardson isn't good. Do some research and I promise that your opinions will change.

SFO wanted to trade up for him, if that tells you anything...they are notoriously good talent evaluators.
While this pick might not have matched up with a need this guy has a serious motor.

I like both picks in that they should be able to step in and contribute right away. Very low bust factor on them...unlike if we had reached for a WR or QB or something else.