Where will VJax play in 2012?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Where will VJax play in 2012?

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune expects the Bears to pursue free agent Vincent Jackson if he hits the market.
Per McClure, Jackson and Cliff Avril, who is now sporting the Lions' franchise tag, "appeared" to be the Bears' top two free agent targets before Monday's March 5 franchise deadline. With Avril staying in Detroit, Chicago may turn its focus directly to Jackson. Jackson would give the Bears the big, red-zone target they've lacked throughout Jay Cutler's stay in the Windy City.
Rotoworld

I think VJax to the Bears makes a lot of sense.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Where will VJax play in 2012?

Postby jordanzs » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:20 pm

Yes that makes a lot of sense.

The big question though is who do the Chargers reload with? Colston? Manningham? Wallace? Draft? Does Vince Brown step up?

They should've held onto Laurent Robinson.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:52 pm

According to the Union-Tribune San Diego, "it is believed" that the Bills are interested in free agent Vincent Jackson even after Monday's re-signing of Stevie Johnson.
The Bills appear to be going all-in on Ryan Fitzpatrick, intending to surround him with big-time playmakers and give him the best chance to succeed. The Bills have plenty of cap room for a run at Jackson despite the Johnson deal. Jackson's preference, of course, is to stay in San Diego. But the Bills, and likely the Bears, will push hard for V-Jax if he's still unsigned by March 13.
Rotoworld

Interesting... :think:

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:03 am

I wonder what the going rate (market value) will be for V.Jax. If his value is depressed enough by his antics, maybe Cinci could come in to play. They have the cash but are of course unlikely to spend it. I think it's a long shot, but I could see it.

The Chicago thing makes the most sense to me. Which would then have a cascade effect on to what people expect to see happen to Michael Floyd in the draft. Every mock has Luck at 1.01 and almost as many have Floyd to Chicago!

Cleveland19
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Cleveland19 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:43 am

If he ends up in Chicago...which does make the most sense... how much does that increase Cutler's value? The man can throw and has never had a real WR.
12 team, .5ppr, Flex 250 Salary Cap
QB: Kaepernick (1,1,1), Geno (1), Manziel (1,1)
RB: McCoy (39,39), Spiller (13), C Johnson (19,15,10) Tate (10,10,10), Hyde (5,5,5)
WR: Julio (21), A Brown (43,38,33,28,24), Harvin (11), Garcon (9), Patterson (3,3), K Benjamin (2,2,2)
TE: Clay (1)
K: Vinateiri (1)
LB: Pusluszny (5,5), D. Smith (1)
DE: Ware (2,2), Dunlap (1,1)
DB: Burnett(3,4) Barron (6,5,4,3,2)
Cap Space: $9

JockPostDT
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby JockPostDT » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:56 am

ClevelandsRocks wrote:If he ends up in Chicago...which does make the most sense... how much does that increase Cutler's value? The man can throw and has never had a real WR.
I think it partly depends on how they address the offensive line. Those guys are not very good. It will be tough to hit VJax deep from the seat of Cutler's pants.
Follow me on Twitter @JockPostDT

16 team Dynasty PPR - 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1K 1DEF $200 cap
QB- Luck, Mallet, Bridgewater
RB- JCharles, CJ Anderson, Hyde, JStew
WR- AJG, Kennan Allen, Reuben Randle
TE- Kelce, Allen

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:01 pm

Am I missing something? How come nobody is mentioning the Colts when it comes to free agent receivers? They are losing Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon. I've never really followed the Colts signing of free agents, since this is my 1st dynasty off season, but it seems like they could use some new weapons for Luck when he comes to town.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:34 pm

justinkilmer wrote:Am I missing something? How come nobody is mentioning the Colts when it comes to free agent receivers? They are losing Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon. I've never really followed the Colts signing of free agents, since this is my 1st dynasty off season, but it seems like they could use some new weapons for Luck when he comes to town.
Historically the Colts have not been big players in free agency.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:56 am

Sounds like Minny, Wash and Chicago are the players...but we are 5 days away and it's all speculation at this point!
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:50 pm

how much does that increase Cutler's value?
I think it would definitely help. Everyone knows he has the talent. Before the thumb injury, Cutler was playing outstanding football, while covering up for issues that still remained with the offensive line. The Bears were considered a team that could have been major players in the NFC picture and challenge the Packers.

As far as fantasy, Jackson would give Cutler a big body in the redzone. So, I could see Cutler's TD's rise some, but the line and new offensive coordinator, Mike Tice, will also have a say to how successful Jay's numbers will be. Right now, I'd have to say Cutler is a solid back-up in a 10 team league with some upside that could still be had.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:30 am

As a Bears fan, I would love to see them land V Jax, and draft a rookie WR. You can never have too many weapons.

tidewaterjc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby tidewaterjc » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:19 am

The Chicago Sun Times reports that the Bucs have the "inside track" on signing free agent Vincent Jackson.

This basically disputes a Sunday night Union-Tribune San Diego report that the Redskins and Bears had emerged as the teams likely to make the most aggressive runs at Jackson. The U-T San Diego did mention the Bucs as a possible pursuer of Jackson, but not as a favorite. Expect some reports to conflict over the next few days as player agents spread word in attempts to increase their clients' markets. The Sun Times' Sean Jensen suggests the Bears may be "among the serious suitors who might come up short."

Source: Chicago Sun Times Mar 12 - 12:55 AM
Twitter: @tidewaterjc
Email: tidewaterjc@gmail.com

Need a FF Team Helmet?

Custom FF Helmets/Banners available
http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/tidewaterjc/profile/

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:28 pm

Bears may have to decide between super Mario and Vjax, but I would love to see Cutler get a shot at throwing to Vjax.

mills
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mills » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:18 pm

Vjax and Marshall with Cutler throwing to them?
Ho Chi Minh Dynasty 12 Team - PPR - Superflex - IDP

QBs: Mayfield, Newton, Murray (Drafted 1.1)
RB: Zeke Elliott, Gurley, David Montgomery (Drafted 1.3), Ronald Jones
WR: DJ Moore, Landry, Dede Westbrook, Crowder, Devante Parker, Tre'quan Smith, AJ Brown (Drafted 1.12), JJ Arcega-Whiteside (Drafted 3.2)
TE: Njoku, Herndon, Josh Oliver (Drafted 3.11)
DL: Dee Ford, Garrett, Heyward, McKinely
LB: Cunningham, Alonso, Mosley, Schobert
DB: Vonn Bell, Josh Reid, Geathers, Thornhill (Drafted 4.3)

shivs
Captain
Captain

Postby shivs » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:20 pm

mills wrote:Vjax and Marshall with Cutler throwing to them?
Or Marshall takes them out of the running for Jackson.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

12 Tm, nonPPR, kr's, IDP. QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, DL, LB, DB, DL/LB/DB
QB: P. Manning, Glennon, Palmer, Freeman
RB: Peterson, Rice, R. Bush, J. Bell, Pierce, Cunningham
WR: A. Johnson, J. Nelson, Fitzgerald, M. Austin, M. Jones, Givens, Hartline, Wayne (IR)
TE: Graham, Gates, Bostick, Hill
K: Novak
DL: Quinn, Wake
LB: Laurinaitis, Posluszny, Washington
DB: Barron