Indianapolis best case? And Cleveland too? And Seattle?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
oneluv11223
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Indianapolis best case? And Cleveland too? And Seattle?

Postby oneluv11223 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:12 am

Tossing this idea around as a HUGE Colts fan. Let me know if I am living in a dream world.

Assume the following things play out:
-The video's of Peyton on the internet are real. He has his arm strength back, and stays in Indy.
-The Redskins get their first pick taken away because of Williams' involvement in the Bounty scandal
-Matt Flynn signs with the Dolphins

Ok, now the Colts are sitting at #1 with Andrew Luck staring them in the face.

Cleveland offers 4, 22, a 2nd, a 4th, and next years #1 for Luck. Irsay pulls the trigger.

St. Louis drafts Blackmon, as none of the remaining teams can put together the type of package they feel is worth the #2 pick (Or Kalil)

Minnesota drafts Kalil at #3. (Or Claiborne)

Indy, back on the clock with their #4 pick they got from Cleveland trades that pick (the rights to RG3) to Seattle for #12 overall, a 3rd rounder, and next year #1. A package that St. Louis had previously scoffed at.

So for the Colts, they keep Peyton Manning and trade Andrew Luck for #12, #22, 2 2013 #1's, a 2nd, a 3rd round and a 4th rounder.

Possibility or Hog-Wash? (For the record, I'm leaning towards hog wash.)

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Indianapolis best case? And Cleveland too? And Seattle?

Postby skip » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:19 am

Hogwash.

Even assuming Peyton comes back healthy this season (which I have my doubts), the Colts have to be looking to move on based on what they saw this season.

Blackmon is not getting drafted at #2. He just isn't that level of talent. If the Rams want him, they can move down a dozen spots.

If any scenario projects RGIII there at 1.4, the Browns have no reason to move up at all for Luck as both are franchise-quality QBs.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

JockPostDT
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby JockPostDT » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:38 am

skip wrote:Hogwash.

Even assuming Peyton comes back healthy this season (which I have my doubts), the Colts have to be looking to move on based on what they saw this season.

Blackmon is not getting drafted at #2. He just isn't that level of talent. If the Rams want him, they can move down a dozen spots.

If any scenario projects RGIII there at 1.4, the Browns have no reason to move up at all for Luck as both are franchise-quality QBs.
While I agree this is hogwash (which is a very funny word), if the Browns value Luck head and shoulders above RG3 there would be a reason for them to move up.
Follow me on Twitter @JockPostDT

16 team Dynasty PPR - 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1K 1DEF $200 cap
QB- Luck, Mallet, Bridgewater
RB- JCharles, CJ Anderson, Hyde, JStew
WR- AJG, Kennan Allen, Reuben Randle
TE- Kelce, Allen

NJKV
Starter
Starter

Postby NJKV » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:19 pm

skip wrote:Hogwash.

I agree I think Indy is moving on from Peyton (we will see in the next two days), healthy or not. It just seems the relationship has become rocky and there is a nice new toy waiting at the #1 overall. Also, if RG3 could make it to four then I think the Browns wouldn't move up.