Gruden Resigning as Raiders HC

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Gruden Resigning as Raiders HC

Postby joeya2001 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:38 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:24 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:01 pm
kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:43 pm You wrote 7 words condoning Gruden, and a few hundred words explaining that we should accept & dismiss this kind of behavior. I believe the exact words you used were dominant male-ness.

WTF are you even talking about? You tried to suggest that this kind of behavior & language should be tolerated because it's what breeds good football players.

Get the f*ck outta here with that nonsense. Literally in your condonation of Gruden above, you manage to compliment him 3 or 4 times (while insulting the players), then proceed to suggest this kind of talk is necessary to build a team culture.
Go ahead. Quote me directly anywhere where I condoned racism, homophobia, or anything else you’re accusing me of. Quote even one. I’ll wait.

You completely misinterpreted my post for your own gratification and so you could put your indignation on full display for everyone. I’d be happy to show how hypocritical and shortsighted your position is but I’d prefer not to turn this into a pissing contest. So I’ll ask again - quote even one post of mine that supports the bigotry that you are so certain that I am guilty of.
Lol regardless of whether you said racist or homophobic things, your comments on how the alpha male is needed to preserve football is literally comedy. So do women need to be more like men and embrace absolute toxic masculinity in order to compete with each other?

Nah bruh.

What keeps players playing at a high level is competition/competitiveness! You want to beat/out work your opponent. Do not mistake your simplistic world view as any semblance of reality please. Anybody can compete and have the drive to dominate at a high level this isn’t exclusive. Lol you don’t need to swing your schlong around to be the best at what you do

*oh yeah you also don’t need to be outright racist/bigoted either lol. Not even sure how that gets lumped into sports/competition anyways. More of a symptom of our society I guess :boohoo:
Hehe hehe he said schlong
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:16 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:43 pm You wrote 7 words condoning Gruden, and a few hundred words explaining that we should accept & dismiss this kind of behavior. I believe the exact words you used were dominant male-ness.

WTF are you even talking about? You tried to suggest that this kind of behavior & language should be tolerated because it's what breeds good football players.

Get the f*ck outta here with that nonsense. Literally in your condonation of Gruden above, you manage to compliment him 3 or 4 times (while insulting the players), then proceed to suggest this kind of talk is necessary to build a team culture.
Go ahead. Quote me directly anywhere where I condoned racism, homophobia, or anything else you’re accusing me of. Quote even one. I’ll wait.

You completely misinterpreted my post for your own gratification and so you could put your indignation on full display for everyone. I’d be happy to show how hypocritical and shortsighted your position is but I’d prefer not to turn this into a pissing contest. So I’ll ask again - quote even one post of mine that supports the bigotry that you are so certain that I am guilty of.
Lol regardless of whether you said racist or homophobic things, your comments on how the alpha male is needed to preserve football is literally comedy. So do women need to be more like men and embrace absolute toxic masculinity in order to compete with each other?

Nah bruh.

What keeps players playing at a high level is competition/competitiveness! You want to beat/out work your opponent. Do not mistake your simplistic world view as any semblance of reality please. Anybody can compete and have the drive to dominate at a high level this isn’t exclusive. Lol you don’t need to swing your schlong around to be the best at what you do

*oh yeah you also don’t need to be outright racist/bigoted either lol. Not even sure how that gets lumped into sports/competition anyways. More of a symptom of our society I guess :boohoo:
:lol:

Where do you guys come up with this kind of ####? Community college psychology classes or gender neutral training seminars?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:39 am

As enlightening as this conversation has been, can you all please shut the bleep up?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:02 am

dynastyninja wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:39 am ...can you all please shut the bleep up?
Yes, but only because you're ordering us around like a toxic masculine alpha male.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:43 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:16 am

Nah bruh.

:lol:

Where do you guys come up with this kind of ####? Community college psychology classes or gender neutral training seminars?
I really hope this is satire or a bit lol. Nothing further needs to be said because I’ll let you do the rest of the damage to yourself lol
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Jrblaha
Captain
Captain

Postby Jrblaha » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:11 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:28 pm If this game is going to survive in this day and age, there is going to have to be some concession and admission to what can only be described as dominant maleness - and there’s nothing wrong with that in what should be a tolerant and inclusive society.
I know dominant women that would rip the post, from this quoted snippet, apart. The game can survive, and thrive even, without your suggested course.
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:27 pm

Bronco Billy

Not gonna lie, your statements in this thread have been quite troubling. Its not just about what you say, its moreso about where you've decided to place your focus and attention in response to all of this.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:28 pm

The MAC Machine wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:27 pm Bronco Billy

Not gonna lie, your statements in this thread have been quite troubling. Its not just about what you say, its moreso about where you've decided to place your focus and attention in response to all of this.
Yeah, he's been telling on himself big time in this thread...

I don't know what's worse - the fact that he's basically excusing these actions and language (without explicitly saying it, of course), or the fact that he doesn't think he's excusing these actions and language...
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:16 am

Fine. If you guys want to escalate as well as making unwarranted judgments about me then I’ll oblige.

TB just removed Gruden from their ring of honor because of these recent revelations. You know who is still on their ring of honor? Warren Sapp. You know, the guy who was convicted of knocking down his former girlfriend and stepping on her face. He also plead down using a prostitute and then putting a beatdown on her.

You know who else currently plays for TB? Antonio Brown, who is currently under investigation and scheduled for multiple trials on sexual assault and rape, and recently plead no contest to assault and burglary charges.

Then you’ve got recently added Richard Sherman, who has been charged with domestic violence, burglary, DUI hit and run, and driving drunk through a closed construction zone where he almost hit several workers.

That’s just with TB right now. You want some overt in-your-face racism rather than the kind that Gruden hid for well over a decade that has your panties all knotted up? How about DeSean Jackson and Preston Smith, among others, who publicly support Louis Farrakan and his self avowed and very overt Anti-semitism?

Now these are just a very few examples of stuff going on the the NFL right now. If I were self aggrandizing virtue signaler like some here, I’d be accusing those of supporting violence against women and the sex trade as well as condoning driving drunk and being racist themselves, since they stand here so virtuous about Gruden but completely ignore all of the other things I’ve documented here. I’d be saying that they care much more about a white racist HC who they didn’t even know was racist until a week ago and could care less about women being raped and beaten, as well as the other despicable actions.

But I know better than that and I certainly don’t believe all of our relentlessly pious friends above are guilty of any of that because they’ve never said those things - I refuse to go where they happily venture so that they can show everyone here how sanctimonious they are and how they’ll target anyone who they feel they can create a narrative for despite not having one iota of evidence for other than what rambles through their heads.

The bigger picture is that if a guy like Gruden can be taken down so rapidly for admittedly racist, misogynist, and homophobic comments that no one here knew about until a week ago despite documentation of those comments being around for well over a decade, then does this embolden those who hate the game of football for what it is, which is all about testosterone and violent domination of opponents - and there are plenty of those out there right now, happy to virtue signal just like our friends above - and use that to tear down this sport? If men can have their careers terminated for what they have expressed in private and did not convey that publicly until it became exposed by others, then what becomes of others who have transgressed much more heinously and overtly? This sport could be depopulated very rapidly to the point where it becomes the XFL or worse.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:11 am

Have only read the last page so unsure of all the comments made. With that said, Billy Bronco raises some good points. We're so focused on words these days, yet actions seem to go mostly unpunished. We also seem to have this weird obsession with trying to erase the past.

There have been thousands of shitty human beings who are great football players. Many are in the HOF. Some of them have flown under the radar, like Gruden did for a long time. Many have been exposed and we know they are shitty human beings. But because they didn't make homophobic or racist comments, their legacy stands.

I have no issue with Gruden being fired. He did what he did and he has to face the consequences. While many others have said similar things, they didn't put it in writing and/or didn't get caught, Gruden did. What I take issue with is removing him from the ring of honour. I don't like this habit of trying to erase the past. Gruden wasn't in the ring of honour because he was a gentleman. He was there because of his accomplishments. Have his accomplishments changed? Should we start removing people from the HOF because they made mistakes in their lives? Because god knows there's no shortage of those people. Sexual assault, domestic assault, DUI, etc. are all ok, as long as they don't write racist or homophobic things. What a backwards society we live in.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:35 am

I'm glad we all now agree that Gruden should not be in the NFL. For a while, I thought people were actually defending him.

For what he did, getting fired was his punishment. If I recall correctly, everyone else who breaks the rules also gets punished by the NFL and/or by their team. If you don't think the punishment was enough for Sapp, send a message to TB and say so. But what does or doesn't happen to Sapp is no defense for Gruden.

Gruden deserved to be fired. Gruden was fired. The Raiders responded with a resounding victory in week 6, and for one game at least they look like a better team without him. Who can possibly have a problem with that?
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Tre Tucker, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
IR: Mike Williams (WR), Joey Bosa (DL)
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:45 am

steelman wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:11 am Have only read the last page so unsure of all the comments made. With that said, Billy Bronco raises some good points. We're so focused on words these days, yet actions seem to go mostly unpunished. We also seem to have this weird obsession with trying to erase the past.

There have been thousands of shitty human beings who are great football players. Many are in the HOF. Some of them have flown under the radar, like Gruden did for a long time. Many have been exposed and we know they are shitty human beings. But because they didn't make homophobic or racist comments, their legacy stands.

I have no issue with Gruden being fired. He did what he did and he has to face the consequences. While many others have said similar things, they didn't put it in writing and/or didn't get caught, Gruden did. What I take issue with is removing him from the ring of honour. I don't like this habit of trying to erase the past. Gruden wasn't in the ring of honour because he was a gentleman. He was there because of his accomplishments. Have his accomplishments changed? Should we start removing people from the HOF because they made mistakes in their lives? Because god knows there's no shortage of those people. Sexual assault, domestic assault, DUI, etc. are all ok, as long as they don't write racist or homophobic things. What a backwards society we live in.
This is a good post and you're right, he brings up good points about how hypocritical society is.

My disconnect is where he tries to tie it all together by saying that this is a testosterone filled and violent sport as if that somehow excuses Gruden or others actions just so we can have the most competitive league. You can be competitive without being an ignorant a-hole and disgrace to society. It almost as if saying Olympic athletes should take PEDs so we have the most competitive games.

Maybe I missed his overarching point and he's only warning of the slippery slope? I mean Josh Allen had some old homophopic tweets as well iirc, yet he didn't get the axe. Now that's probably the difference between being a player and leading all players...

Now, maybe I'm a hypocrite because I enjoy rostering Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt. Would I be mad if they were booted from the league? Not really, but I can admit they make it better. However, it's not because of their off field issues that make the game better. There's a clear disconnect between the game and off the field.

Bottom line is the NFL is a business. Tyreek and Hunt make it better for viewers. Gruden was bad optics and he had to go for the business and to satisfy the general population. Now, the NFL handles a lot of things poorly and not all punishments are equal.

What confuses me is how quickly people become content with the NFL closing the investigation now after Gruden has been crucified.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:16 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:45 am My disconnect is where he tries to tie it all together by saying that this is a testosterone filled and violent sport as if that somehow excuses Gruden
Where? Where did I say that? I specifically DID say that no one (which includes me) excuses Gruden for his prejudices. I asked one of the others who created this narrative of what I did say to support it with a quote that supports their assertion. I’ll ask you to do the same - provide some evidence of what you’re accusing me of and post it please.

Some of you want to intentionally miss the entire point of what I’ve posted so that you can pounce on some imaginary point that you think you’ve created. It’s a cheap and petty tactic and completely misdirects what could be constructive discussion just so you can score some kind of virtue points with a personal attack.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:41 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:16 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:45 am My disconnect is where he tries to tie it all together by saying that this is a testosterone filled and violent sport as if that somehow excuses Gruden
Where? Where did I say that? I specifically DID say that no one (which includes me) excuses Gruden for his prejudices. I asked one of the others who created this narrative of what I did say to support it with a quote that supports their assertion. I’ll ask you to do the same - provide some evidence of what you’re accusing me of and post it please.

Some of you want to intentionally miss the entire point of what I’ve posted so that you can pounce on some imaginary point that you think you’ve created. It’s a cheap and petty tactic and completely misdirects what could be constructive discussion just so you can score some kind of virtue points with a personal attack.
Pure irony

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:54 pm

Billy Buck

Have you ever had someone tell you something with a "but" in between?

For example: "Yea I dont condone racism/homophobic/sexist remarks, but..."

anything after that but, as realistic and true as it may be, lends itself to comparison. Nobody here is talking about Desean Jackson or the wrongdoings of others. The topic is Gruden. That doesnt mean that others are perfect, that other wrongdoings dont exist or are less valid. But bringing those things into the fold in this conversation serves only the purpose of diminishing, or absolving Grudens wrongdoings - and that my friend is a bad look for you. I recommend just cutting out anything after that but.....just leave it at "I dont condone racism/homophobia/sexism" no ifs ands or buts. :thumbup:
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)