What DON'T you want to see happen in tonight's draft?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Re: What DON'T you want to see happen in tonight's draft?

Postby NWABCS » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:44 pm

realmacaroni wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:24 am I’d prefer the Steelers not draft RB round 1. I’d rather OL or CB
I second this. I love Najee and Etienne but that OL is junk. Go OL in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Maybe get Hubbard in the 5th? :lol:
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, J. Warren, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB, Mark Andrews
2024 picks: 1.04, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.04, 4.09, 5.05, 5.07
2025 picks: two 2nds

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:46 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:29 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:16 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:52 pm

Everyone knows that they need defense but the Cowboys taking Lamb last season was considered a steal. He was really good as a rookie too and that was without Dak for 11 games and most of our Oline, so I don’t know how that’s considered a boneheaded move, but ok. Also, they went defense with several of their next picks, including Trevon Diggs in the second round, who also had a solid rookie season as a starting rookie CB. I know there’s always these anti-Cowboys narratives out there but they’ve been “mostly” a very solid drafting team the last decade.
I think it is just because of Zeke and Lamb being such unnecessary picks with premium draft capital. A RB in the first let alone at 4 is just awful value no matter how well he does (especially with the Oline at the time that could make old McFadden a 1k yard rusher) and grabbing Lamb to do no better than Gallup did the year before is mind boggling TBH. IF it was AJG/Julio/Megatron I'd get it, but I dont think Lamb is head and shoulders above the rest of the WRs in the past couple of years (this year included) like how those three were. I dont know all of the ins and outs of that day but trading out would have been a better use of the pick.
I agree about Zeke at #4. I actually wanted Jalen Ramsey in that draft. With that being said, Zeke has been wildly successful, so it’s not like they picked a bad player, just probably should’ve went defense that year. I totally disagree about Lamb, he was great and Gallup is a potential FA after this season, so if they decide to use their cap money elsewhere, they got Cooper and Lamb locked up for the nests 3-4 seasons, they got Lamb at #17, that was a steal by most accounts, if it had been any other team besides the Cowboys, people would’ve really been gushing about it. Also, kinda not a good comparison with Lamb’s rookie season to Gallup’s 2019 season, being that 3 of our 5 starters were out most of the season on the Oline and Dak was out 11 games, that makes a huge difference. Lamb still put up 74-935 5 TDs and another 80 yards 1TD rushing, plus a special teams TD. I’m not sure how much more people would expect out of a WR picked 17th his rookie season with all of the injuries around him.
Fair enough I was not aware of the decimation the online faced. But looking at teams with very solid WR 1s and 2s locked up for a couple years (hawks, falcons, Bucs, KC, etc) I think the pick would have been better served used on another player. But I also believe WR to be one of the most quizzical positions in football. It doesn't seems to matter at that much for sustained playoff success, but it is paid well and highly demanded in the draft. Call me old school but whoever controls the LOS controls the game (special teams included)
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:40 am

Well looks like pretty much everyone was disappointed. Giants WR, Steelers RB, SF non-Fields QB, Bateman to Balt, ETN went to Jax with Robinson... I wouldn't say it was a terrible first round for dynasty, but it certainly wasn't one I think people were hoping for. And at this point, unless Williams lands in some magical situation, I don't see how the nonSF 1.01 isn't locked on either Chase or Harris.

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:42 am

McCafsteez wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:38 am
Payton34 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:27 am
McCafsteez wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:14 am Any players you don't want to see being drafted by an organization?

I'll start:

1) Just traded for Bridgewater so I am hoping DEN doesn't spend their premium 1st on a QB.
2) Chase to the Bengals. Just think there are more ideal spots for him if he is able to fall a little bit.
3) Bears staying put at pick 20. As a Bears fan, I would love to see them move up to grab a QB depending on price.
Seconded that I would like the Bears to stay put and not mortgage any more future for a QB here. We are literally in the situation we are now because of doing EXACTLY that. Play it straight, if we suck like we know we can, we should have a pretty good pick next year (Like when we had #3 overall, which should have just been Watson, rather than the ridiculous trade up to #2 for Trubisky... Seriously has to be one of the most assinine trades in NFL history.)
Pace and Nagy are more than likely on the hot seat. If they move up and grab a QB they can make the argument that they need another year to develop their pick. I don't know...if Fields is there around pick 10 and it doesn't break the bank...I think it could be a decent move.
Called it 😎
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:44 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:01 am I don't want Chase to go to Cincy or Baltimore.

I hope Niners don't draft Lance or Jones. I will literally go on a rampage for days on end. I don't think I can handle it.

I don't want any of the top RBs to get drafted to a system that already has RBs in place, or to a system that doesn't value RBs enough for fantasy purposes. I don't want Harris to go to New England, for example.
Well that sucked.

To be fair, I wanted the 49ers to draft Fields but I had to say what I didn't want, so I tried to word it that way. I actually like Lance just fine, but I'd still prefer Fields. I'm stoked it wasn't Jones though. I think he's a good QB and all, I just don't think he fits the system in San Fran well enough.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:04 am

J Robinson
Preston Williams
Slayton
Stealers rbs

Any value they had instantly disappeared.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:07 am

Miles Gaskin shares holding on by a thread.

I'm thinking the phins are primed to take Williams early in the night.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:11 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:07 am Miles Gaskin shares holding on by a thread.

Agreed.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:13 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:04 am J Robinson
Preston Williams
Slayton
Stealers rbs

Any value they had instantly disappeared.
Snell and McFarland my be movable to the Harris drafter if u can spin the “better have a back up ready” narrative for anyone running behind this O-line. Of course as a Steeler fan i’m hoping they go hard on OL tonight. I’d like to see OL/CB/OL over the next few Steeler picks
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Bellinger
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.4, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

1st YEAR START-UP
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - R Freeman - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Diggs - Aiyuk - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore - A Pierce - C Tillman
TE: Kittle - Kincaid

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:22 am

DLF3000 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:45 am Don't want to see my Patriots draft down and out of the 1st round... yet again, like way too many years.

Bill will probably piss me and most Pats fans off, but damn it, I will feast, drink and still enjoy the #$%@ out of the draft! :thumbup:
Holy #$%@, they not only didn't trade down or out they even took a QB! And looks like at value too, which is music to Bill's ears!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:13 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:35 am Bateman to Baltimore

Any WR to the Bears
Sorry guys

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:01 am

DLF3000 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:22 am
DLF3000 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:45 am Don't want to see my Patriots draft down and out of the 1st round... yet again, like way too many years.

Bill will probably piss me and most Pats fans off, but damn it, I will feast, drink and still enjoy the #$%@ out of the draft! :thumbup:
Holy #$%@, they not only didn't trade down or out they even took a QB! And looks like at value too, which is music to Bill's ears!
Seeing lots of negativity about this but im not sure if its peoples real thoughts or just because they hate the Pats so much they want to believe Jones will be an awful Qb. I by no means think he will be a world beater but the more i look at this pick i absolutely love it. We didnt have to trade up like you pointed out. We got a Qb who is accurate and could excel in the Pats system. We also have a Two te set a rookie could thrive in. Lets not forget who was throwing the ball to the Heisman Winning devonta smith. This could really work out well for us and it really is not a huge risk since we didnt have to give up any other assets

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:09 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:01 am
DLF3000 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:22 am

Seeing lots of negativity about this but im not sure if its peoples real thoughts or just because they hate the Pats so much they want to believe Jones will be an awful Qb. I by no means think he will be a world beater but the more i look at this pick i absolutely love it. We didnt have to trade up like you pointed out. We got a Qb who is accurate and could excel in the Pats system. We also have a Two te set a rookie could thrive in. Lets not forget who was throwing the ball to the Heisman Winning devonta smith. This could really work out well for us and it really is not a huge risk since we didnt have to give up any other assets
I think it just feels a little unexciting. Fields is electric and would have been really exciting, we wouldn't have had to give up as much as CHI did to move up for him.

That being said it is really nice that we didn't have to give anything else up, and I do still think Mac is a great fit. It just felt like Fields behind Cam for a season made a lot of sense and would have been fun
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:35 am

Ice wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:18 am Really tired of NE dominating the NFL landscape for what seems like forever. I really don't want Mac Jones to go there as he would be ideal in that system.
NE Fan should be very Happy. :(
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:08 pm

CGW wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:11 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:07 am Miles Gaskin shares holding on by a thread.

Agreed.
the only thing to save him is the jets pulling the trigger on williams. they have a need there.