What DON'T you want to see happen in tonight's draft?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: What DON'T you want to see happen in tonight's draft?

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:07 am

5-7? Lol.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:11 am

Vcize wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:57 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:42 am
bjd5211 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:39 am NYG needs to find out NOW if Jones is really the guy longterm or not, and a top WR prospect is the best thing you can bring in to help him immediately. They've invested in the OL and now need the coaching staff to do their job and develop those guys rather than continue to throw draft picks at it when most OL need 1-3 years to truly develop into quality starters. They have to see significant improvement in Jones now to feel comfortable picking up his option next year (and to save Gettleman's job), and WR is the best way to help see that desired jump.
This doesn't make any sense to me. Shepard and Slayton are likely the same or better than any rookie WR for THIS YEAR, even a good prospect. I think this board is really underrating those two. They are solid WR's. At pick 11, they are going to draft a WR that could be had in round 2 in other years. It's just a waste of draft capital imo.
I am not some huge draftnik, but a couple of sites/draftniks have recently released their prospect grades for the last 10 years including this year and both have this year's top 3 WRs as easily the best top 3 WR class in that span. Both (Todd McShay was one of them, can't recall the other) have all 3 of this year's WRs as top 5-7 WRs over the last 10 years.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but I think the NFL is higher on this group of WRs then you are giving them credit for. If anything I think Waddle/Smith would be the 1st WR off the board most years.
I know a highly reputable source that says this is the best skills position draft since Fred Flintstone went 1.01 to the Pterodactyls.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:12 am

I don’t want to see the Eagles draft Kwity Paye at 1.12 and the organization spend the next couple months trying to convince everyone he’s the next Brandon Graham (though he’s an all-time Eagle now, he took many years to develop and DE isn’t the most pressing need).

I also don’t want to see the Bills or Bucs take a RB early.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:16 am

Ruggenater wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:12 am I don’t want to see the Eagles draft Kwity Paye at 1.12 and the organization spend the next couple months trying to convince everyone he’s the next Brandon Graham (though he’s an all-time Eagle now, he took many years to develop and DE isn’t the most pressing need).

I agree Paye isn't a great value at 12, but DE not being a "need" should be irrelevant. Eagles aren't winning this year, just adding the best talent available to build around is what they should do. Preferably an OL or receiving weapon to give Hurts some support to help demonstrate whether or not he really is the longterm answer at QB for them, and the value does potentially line up at those positions if Slater, Devonta or Waddle are there.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:22 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:39 am NYG needs to find out NOW if Jones is really the guy longterm or not, and a top WR prospect is the best thing you can bring in to help him immediately. They've invested in the OL and now need the coaching staff to do their job and develop those guys rather than continue to throw draft picks at it when most OL need 1-3 years to truly develop into quality starters. They have to see significant improvement in Jones now to feel comfortable picking up his option next year (and to save Gettleman's job), and WR is the best way to help see that desired jump.
This doesn't make any sense to me. Shepard and Slayton are likely the same or better than any rookie WR for THIS YEAR, even a good prospect. I think this board is really underrating those two. They are solid WR's. At pick 11, they are going to draft a WR that could be had in round 2 in other years. It's just a waste of draft capital imo.
I'm confident Devonta would easily step in and be better than Shepard and Slayton day 1 no problem. I don't want that for his as I see NYG as a train wreck with DJones and he would still be 3rd behind Barkley and Golladay in pecking order for the foreseeable future.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:24 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:05 am

I am not some huge draftnik, but a couple of sites/draftniks have recently released their prospect grades for the last 10 years including this year and both have this year's top 3 WRs as easily the best top 3 WR class in that span. Both (Todd McShay was one of them, can't recall the other) have all 3 of this year's WRs as top 5-7 WRs over the last 10 years.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but I think the NFL is higher on this group of WRs then you are giving them credit for. If anything I think Waddle/Smith would be the 1st WR off the board most years.
That sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. There were 5-7 Wr's in last years class alone that were better prospects than them (Smith/Waddle).
Strongly disagree

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:27 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:16 am
Ruggenater wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:12 am I don’t want to see the Eagles draft Kwity Paye at 1.12 and the organization spend the next couple months trying to convince everyone he’s the next Brandon Graham (though he’s an all-time Eagle now, he took many years to develop and DE isn’t the most pressing need).

I agree Paye isn't a great value at 12, but DE not being a "need" should be irrelevant. Eagles aren't winning this year, just adding the best talent available to build around is what they should do. Preferably an OL or receiving weapon to give Hurts some support to help demonstrate whether or not he really is the longterm answer at QB for them, and the value does potentially line up at those positions if Slater, Devonta or Waddle are there.
Agree with that line of thinking as well. You have a high pick, take a blue chip prospect, not a player you could imagine possibly developing into something great someday.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:38 am

For strictly FF purposes, i’d love to see Dallas bonehead it per usual and draft a receiver in the first. Would be absolutely great for my Dak share
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Bellinger
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.4, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

1st YEAR START-UP
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - R Freeman - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Diggs - Aiyuk - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore - A Pierce - C Tillman
TE: Kittle - Kincaid

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:49 am

That sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. There were 5-7 Wr's in last years class alone that were better prospects than them (Smith/Waddle).
I would like to see said list, because I just can't justify this statement
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:43 pm

I just looked at the actual lists again and it was less than 10 years, but it caught me offguard too. I'm not sure if it's just two outliers or if the people in the loop are higher on these WRs than we are, but these guys do get a lot of their data from actual NFL teams.

McShay top 5 WR ratings since 2017
1. Chase - 94
2. Jeudy - 94
3. Smith - 93
4. Waddle - 93
5. Lamb - 92

Source: https://old.reddit.com/r/DynastyFF/comm ... _20172021/

Zierlein top 5 WR ratings since 2014
1. Smith - 7.13
2. Chase - 7.12
3. Cooper - 7.1
4. Watkins - 7.1
5. Waddle 6.86

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DynastyFF/comm ... _position/
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:52 pm

realmacaroni wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:38 am For strictly FF purposes, i’d love to see Dallas bonehead it per usual and draft a receiver in the first. Would be absolutely great for my Dak share
Everyone knows that they need defense but the Cowboys taking Lamb last season was considered a steal. He was really good as a rookie too and that was without Dak for 11 games and most of our Oline, so I don’t know how that’s considered a boneheaded move, but ok. Also, they went defense with several of their next picks, including Trevon Diggs in the second round, who also had a solid rookie season as a starting rookie CB. I know there’s always these anti-Cowboys narratives out there but they’ve been “mostly” a very solid drafting team the last decade.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:01 pm

If they had a more aggressive GM, it'd be interesting to see NY sell Daniel Jones if they can move up for a QB. The cost from 11 to 7 wouldn't be much, and a team would have at least a year to test Jones before an extension is an option.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:11 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:52 pm
realmacaroni wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:38 am For strictly FF purposes, i’d love to see Dallas bonehead it per usual and draft a receiver in the first. Would be absolutely great for my Dak share
Everyone knows that they need defense but the Cowboys taking Lamb last season was considered a steal. He was really good as a rookie too and that was without Dak for 11 games and most of our Oline, so I don’t know how that’s considered a boneheaded move, but ok. Also, they went defense with several of their next picks, including Trevon Diggs in the second round, who also had a solid rookie season as a starting rookie CB. I know there’s always these anti-Cowboys narratives out there but they’ve been “mostly” a very solid drafting team the last decade.
Fair enough, I can dig it. Just saying, from a selfish ff angle, more shootouts and such, please
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Bellinger
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.4, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

1st YEAR START-UP
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - R Freeman - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Diggs - Aiyuk - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore - A Pierce - C Tillman
TE: Kittle - Kincaid

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:16 pm

I think it is just because of Zeke and Lamb being such unnecessary picks with premium draft capital. A RB in the first let alone at 4 is just awful value no matter how well he does (especially with the Oline at the time that could make old McFadden a 1k yard rusher) and grabbing Lamb to do no better than Gallup did the year before is mind boggling TBH. IF it was AJG/Julio/Megatron I'd get it, but I dont think Lamb is head and shoulders above the rest of the WRs in the past couple of years (this year included) like how those three were. I dont know all of the ins and outs of that day but trading out would have been a better use of the pick.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:29 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:16 pm
I think it is just because of Zeke and Lamb being such unnecessary picks with premium draft capital. A RB in the first let alone at 4 is just awful value no matter how well he does (especially with the Oline at the time that could make old McFadden a 1k yard rusher) and grabbing Lamb to do no better than Gallup did the year before is mind boggling TBH. IF it was AJG/Julio/Megatron I'd get it, but I dont think Lamb is head and shoulders above the rest of the WRs in the past couple of years (this year included) like how those three were. I dont know all of the ins and outs of that day but trading out would have been a better use of the pick.
I agree about Zeke at #4. I actually wanted Jalen Ramsey in that draft. With that being said, Zeke has been wildly successful, so it’s not like they picked a bad player, just probably should’ve went defense that year. I totally disagree about Lamb, he was great and Gallup is a potential FA after this season, so if they decide to use their cap money elsewhere, they got Cooper and Lamb locked up for the nests 3-4 seasons, they got Lamb at #17, that was a steal by most accounts, if it had been any other team besides the Cowboys, people would’ve really been gushing about it. Also, kinda not a good comparison with Lamb’s rookie season to Gallup’s 2019 season, being that 3 of our 5 starters were out most of the season on the Oline and Dak was out 11 games, that makes a huge difference. Lamb still put up 74-935 5 TDs and another 80 yards 1TD rushing, plus a special teams TD. I’m not sure how much more people would expect out of a WR picked 17th his rookie season with all of the injuries around him.