What DON'T you want to see happen in tonight's draft?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: What DON'T you want to see happen in tonight's draft?

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:31 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:26 am As a Giants fan, they already have 3 startable WR's. The smoke is that they want to take a WR in the 1st. Please don't.
The value may be there. Don't you want best player available?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:33 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:31 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:26 am As a Giants fan, they already have 3 startable WR's. The smoke is that they want to take a WR in the 1st. Please don't.
They pick at 11. The value for a WR not named Chase is certainly not there.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:37 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:17 am Fields going to the Lions or Bears.
Bears really aren't a bad spot

Their OL is closer to mediocre than horrible and AROB/Mooney/Kmet/Montgomery with Cohen out of the backfield isn't really a bad supporting cast IMO

Lions would however be terrible

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:38 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:33 am
All those WRs except Golladay are not good

Engram is worse than not good

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:39 am

NYG needs to find out NOW if Jones is really the guy longterm or not, and a top WR prospect is the best thing you can bring in to help him immediately. They've invested in the OL and now need the coaching staff to do their job and develop those guys rather than continue to throw draft picks at it when most OL need 1-3 years to truly develop into quality starters. They have to see significant improvement in Jones now to feel comfortable picking up his option next year (and to save Gettleman's job), and WR is the best way to help see that desired jump.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:42 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:39 am NYG needs to find out NOW if Jones is really the guy longterm or not, and a top WR prospect is the best thing you can bring in to help him immediately. They've invested in the OL and now need the coaching staff to do their job and develop those guys rather than continue to throw draft picks at it when most OL need 1-3 years to truly develop into quality starters. They have to see significant improvement in Jones now to feel comfortable picking up his option next year (and to save Gettleman's job), and WR is the best way to help see that desired jump.
This doesn't make any sense to me. Shepard and Slayton are likely the same or better than any rookie WR for THIS YEAR, even a good prospect. I think this board is really underrating those two. They are solid WR's. At pick 11, they are going to draft a WR that could be had in round 2 in other years. It's just a waste of draft capital imo.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:44 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:37 am
bjd5211 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:17 am Fields going to the Lions or Bears.
Bears really aren't a bad spot

Their OL is closer to mediocre than horrible and AROB/Mooney/Kmet/Montgomery with Cohen out of the backfield isn't really a bad supporting cast IMO

Lions would however be terrible
Bears have always been a bad spot for QBs. If he ends up there it means they likely have to trade significant draft capital to go up and get him, which hurts the talent they can put around him in the future. Plus Nagy and Pace are on a very hot seat, so good chance they are gone next year and leave behind an aging roster with limited draft and cap resources. I would take Detroit over Chicago if it had to be one of the two, at least they have 2 promising young skill players (Hock/Swift), the ability to get him without having to mortgage the future, a lot of future draft capital to put more talent around him, and a HC/GM you know are going to be there for several years.
Last edited by bjd5211 on Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:45 am

Don't want to see my Patriots draft down and out of the 1st round... yet again, like way too many years.

Bill will probably piss me and most Pats fans off, but damn it, I will feast, drink and still enjoy the #$%@ out of the draft! :thumbup:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:47 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:42 am
bjd5211 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:39 am NYG needs to find out NOW if Jones is really the guy longterm or not, and a top WR prospect is the best thing you can bring in to help him immediately. They've invested in the OL and now need the coaching staff to do their job and develop those guys rather than continue to throw draft picks at it when most OL need 1-3 years to truly develop into quality starters. They have to see significant improvement in Jones now to feel comfortable picking up his option next year (and to save Gettleman's job), and WR is the best way to help see that desired jump.
This doesn't make any sense to me. Shepard and Slayton are likely the same or better than any rookie WR for THIS YEAR, even a good prospect. I think this board is really underrating those two. They are solid WR's. At pick 11, they are going to draft a WR that could be had in round 2 in other years. It's just a waste of draft capital imo.
I think you are over- rating those two, and Smith/Waddle would not be in round 2 most years they are both legitimate top 15-20 picks. Gettleman will a take a Lineman who will end up being nothing but a solid starter who makes no real impact though, and Jones will continue to flounder and ultimately fail with poor receiving talent to work with.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:50 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:38 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:33 am

All those WRs except Golladay are not good

Engram is worse than not good
Slayton has flashed but hasn't broken out per se. Hard to excel on the Giants with how bad they have been across the board. Im sure there are diamonds in the rough on that team, maybe Slayton is one, maybe he isnt, but I wouldnt say he is good or bad either way until we can see him with an actual team around him (In his rookie year he had decent efficiency with rookie Daniel Jones/about to retire Eli and a healthy Saquon, had similar efficiency in his second year with Saquon out for the whole year while accounting for over 25% of the teams rec. yards that went to WRs at 751/2,958)

But I think NYG would be best served to not go WR at 11.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:50 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:47 am
I think you are over- rating those two, and Smith/Waddle would not be in round 2 most years they are both legitimate top 15-20 picks. Gettleman will a take a Lineman who will end up being nothing but a solid starter who makes no real impact though, and Jones will continue to flounder and ultimately fail with poor receiving talent to work with.
You're both wrong. The problem isn't who's catching passes there, but who's throwing those passes.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Trask, Mariota, Cunningham
J Cook, Miller, Warren, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Spiller
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Wan’dale, Metchie, Gipson, Scott
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:54 am

RB6 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:50 am

You're both wrong. The problem isn't who's catching passes there, but who's throwing those passes.
I don't know if Jones is good but I know almost no QB would look good with a trash OL and trash WRs

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:57 am

I am not some huge draftnik, but a couple of sites/draftniks have recently released their prospect grades for the last 10 years including this year and both have this year's top 3 WRs as easily the best top 3 WR class in that span. Both (Todd McShay was one of them, can't recall the other) have all 3 of this year's WRs as top 5-7 WRs over the last 10 years.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but I think the NFL is higher on this group of WRs then you are giving them credit for. If anything I think Waddle/Smith would be the 1st WR off the board most years.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:58 am

RB6 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:50 am

Well they already took him, so now they have to do everything they can to prove that pick right soon, and best way to do that is to give him a really good player to throw to.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:05 am

Vcize wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:57 am
I am not some huge draftnik, but a couple of sites/draftniks have recently released their prospect grades for the last 10 years including this year and both have this year's top 3 WRs as easily the best top 3 WR class in that span. Both (Todd McShay was one of them, can't recall the other) have all 3 of this year's WRs as top 5-7 WRs over the last 10 years.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but I think the NFL is higher on this group of WRs then you are giving them credit for. If anything I think Waddle/Smith would be the 1st WR off the board most years.
That sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. There were 5-7 Wr's in last years class alone that were better prospects than them (Smith/Waddle).