Ravens trade Orlando Brown to KC

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Ravens trade Orlando Brown to KC

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:11 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter ... 4954078208

Big upgrade to their OL and for CEH especially on that offense.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Ravens trade Orlando Brown to KC

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:30 pm

I'm pumped but a little suspicious why Baltimore traded him to us

136, 94 and the late 2022 pick get close to 58 so it's 31 for Orlando Brown

Not way off but I thought JAX or LAC would have given more
Last edited by StripesOfKC on Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:36 pm

Great trade for KC and not bad for the Ravens given he has wanted out for some time. He will cost KC a fortune but no way they get that talent anywhere close to pick 31.

This was a money deal for sure in advance of Jackson breaking the bank.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:39 pm

All aboard the CEH hype train toot toot
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:23 pm

The rich get richer. Great deal of KC.

From a fantasy standpoint the Chiefs rushing game should be better this year with their full reworking of the o-line. Mahomes might be more magical too with more time.

I think the other fantasy piece of this is that Baltimore is likely to take a WR in the first round meaning whatever top talent lands there is likely to lose a ton of preseason value
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:31 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:23 pm The rich get richer. Great deal of KC.

From a fantasy standpoint the Chiefs rushing game should be better this year with their full reworking of the o-line. Mahomes might be more magical too with more time.

I think the other fantasy piece of this is that Baltimore is likely to take a WR in the first round meaning whatever top talent lands there is likely to lose a ton of preseason value
That last bit was my inclination as well. Instead of it being 25% or so chance they'd go WR, I feel like it's 50-70% now

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:40 pm

OhCruelestRanter is punching the air right now... Chiefs added Thuney AND Brown !? looks like CEH stock is UP!!! :lol:
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:45 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:31 pm

That last bit was my inclination as well. Instead of it being 25% or so chance they'd go WR, I feel like it's 50-70% now
You would think so but I could easily see them going OT/EDGE

Some organizations are just different in how they approach team building and OT/EDGE>>WR in positional value

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:47 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:45 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:31 pm

You would think so but I could easily see them going OT/EDGE

Some organizations are just different in how they approach team building and OT/EDGE>>WR in positional value
Maybe... But this is the same team that blew 1sts on Perriman and Hollywood

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:31 pm

Ice wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:36 pm Great trade for KC and not bad for the Ravens given he has wanted out for some time. He will cost KC a fortune but no way they get that talent anywhere close to pick 31.

Unless you think Lamar's deal is pending immediately, I disagree. The cap will be going back up again next offseason (ie. the final offseason of Lamar's 5 year rookie deal) with the new TV deal - there would have been ways to fit Orlando Brown, if he'd been amenable to staying. He wasn't, and that was the problem. They already have one of the best LT's in the game in Ronnie Staley. Thus; Orlando wanting to play that is an impasse for the team.

It's a value deal for a no-win situation for the Ravens. Brown is going to cost a lot, and he wants to play LT to make sure he locks in "the bag". KC basically get a 1-year rental before they'll be forced to sign him to a mega deal, and he'll be wanting the Laremy Tunsil deal+++ ... and that's just the starting point. He will hold all the leverage (because they just gave up plenty to get him) and all of the relative wage scales will be higher thanks to the new TV deal. If you need further proof that the league is anticipating a massive Cap spike in 2022, then just head over to Spotrac and see how Dak's contract has been structured.

Basically Baltimore just took what they could here. My initial thought was that the return was too low... but given how their hands were tied, I think it's fine - especially in an unusually deep class for OL.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:34 pm

mild wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:31 pm
Ice wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:36 pm Great trade for KC and not bad for the Ravens given he has wanted out for some time. He will cost KC a fortune but no way they get that talent anywhere close to pick 31.

Unless you think Lamar's deal is pending immediately, I disagree. The cap will be going back up again next offseason (ie. the final offseason of Lamar's 5 year rookie deal) with the new TV deal - there would have been ways to fit Orlando Brown, if he'd been amenable to staying. He wasn't, and that was the problem. They already have one of the best LT's in the game in Ronnie Staley. Thus; Orlando wanting to play that is an impasse for the team.

It's a value deal for a no-win situation for the Ravens. Brown is going to cost a lot, and he wants to play LT to make sure he locks in "the bag". KC basically get a 1-year rental before they'll be forced to sign him to a mega deal, and he'll be wanting the Laremy Tunsil deal+++ ... and that's just the starting point. He will hold all the leverage (because they just gave up plenty to get him) and all of the relative wage scales will be higher thanks to the new TV deal. If you need further proof that the league is anticipating a massive Cap spike in 2022, then just head over to Spotrac and see how Dak's contract has been structured.

Basically Baltimore just took what they could here. My initial thought was that the return was too low... but given how their hands were tied, I think it's fine - especially in an unusually deep class for OL.
I just don't know how they went from DJ Chark+one of 25/33 to this

Thought there would be more interest

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:57 pm

Well they did release Eric Fisher(and RT Schwartz). I get the trade, get a younger version on the upside of his career. It was a good deal. But I think it’s a stretch to view this as some massive upgrade as much as keeping the status quo. They are a SB team, and just like the Bucs it makes sense to try and field a similar team as last year. But I don’t view this as some upgrade to CEH, more like not a reason to ding him.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:59 pm

mild wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:31 pm

I studied this a while ago but think Stanley Is the lock LT there and pretty sure he has the highest cap hit on the team at over 15 million

Brown is really a LT playing RT and asked for a trade knowing he wants LT money.

I do think Lamar gets extended soon.

This trade frees up tons of future cash as they will probably draft a RT in round 1 which will be dirt cheap by comparison.

I could be off a little as I looked at this some time ago.

Trading Brown was no secret

Given the financial climate this year this looks like a legit win win deal. I like KC’s side a little better in the short term.
Last edited by Ice on Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:02 pm

Even better I don't have to worry on draft night when the Chiefs come up that we are gonna blow our first on Kadarius Toney

Can't waste your first if you don't have it

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:13 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:34 pm I just don't know how they went from DJ Chark+one of 25/33 to this

Thought there would be more interest
Did you really buy that one, though?

I thought we all agreed that that report was made up by a burner account, or something...

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/ ... 8962597890

Lol

It's a deep Tackle class, and he's going to ask for a Tunsil-style max deal next offseason. Even if they tag him a few years, he'll still get his money eventually. The Ravens just needed to take what they could and move on, their leverage in the situation was shot.