49ers trade for #3 pick

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 49ers trade for #3 pick

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:17 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:10 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:03 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:02 pm Why didn’t the Jets trade Darnold before teams like Chicago(Dalton) WFT(Fitzpatrick) signed QBs, if they knew they were going QB at #2? That’s what doesn’t make a lot of sense and yeah they can still trade him but there’s not as many teams that need a QB and they probably won’t get as much in return.
Maybe they don't want him because he sucks
The Jets could’ve gotten something for Darnold and maybe they still will but they should’ve already moved him before some of the QB market dried up.
Yeah from the Jets perspective it doesn't make much sense

I could see Atlanta, Denver or Carolina now

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:17 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:02 pm Why didn’t the Jets trade Darnold before teams like Chicago(Dalton) WFT(Fitzpatrick) signed QBs, if they knew they were going QB at #2? That’s what doesn’t make a lot of sense and yeah they can still trade him but there’s not as many teams that need a QB and they probably won’t get as much in return.
You also have to remember that theyre not allowed to physically meet these players outside of pro days. If that’s important to you (and it is for most) it makes sense to wait until the pro days before finalizing your decision to marry yourself to one of these QBs.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:24 pm

Sriracha wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:17 pm
You also have to remember that theyre not allowed to physically meet these players outside of pro days. If that’s important to you (and it is for most) it makes sense to wait until the pro days before finalizing your decision to marry yourself to one of these QBs.
Yeah, that’s probably what it was, they just wanted that final confirmation.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:16 pm

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:56 am

Agree that the Jets (a) didn’t want to move Darnold before there was a confirmed decision on what direction they wanted to go, and (b) they got compensation that warranted making quicker action. Either or both could be true. Just like in dynasty, you don’t rush to sell just to sell when the price is an ‘undersell’ from your perspective. Yeah, it’s great to sell when you think it’s the best time, but if the market isn’t there, sometimes you need to just hold and see how things play out. It takes two to dance, and you have to be aligned on the song and rhythm to make it work. Same as endless draft scenarios of ‘they could have moved back’...well if if nobody wants to move up or move up for the appropriate risk you take to move back, then you take your guy. It seems some can’t extend the same dynasty principles they experience to those in other things.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:08 am

Holy crap there is a bunch of chatter from some of the more plugged in draft experts saying SF is looking at Jones at 1.03. That’s got to be SF laying down a smoke screen, right?

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:37 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:08 am Holy crap there is a bunch of chatter from some of the more plugged in draft experts saying SF is looking at Jones at 1.03. That’s got to be SF laying down a smoke screen, right?
I probably should have blocked you by now, but a smoke screen for what? For whom?

What????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:43 am

FiremanEd wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:56 am Agree that the Jets (a) didn’t want to move Darnold before there was a confirmed decision on what direction they wanted to go, and (b) they got compensation that warranted making quicker action. Either or both could be true. Just like in dynasty, you don’t rush to sell just to sell when the price is an ‘undersell’ from your perspective. Yeah, it’s great to sell when you think it’s the best time, but if the market isn’t there, sometimes you need to just hold and see how things play out. It takes two to dance, and you have to be aligned on the song and rhythm to make it work. Same as endless draft scenarios of ‘they could have moved back’...well if if nobody wants to move up or move up for the appropriate risk you take to move back, then you take your guy. It seems some can’t extend the same dynasty principles they experience to those in other things.
My take is either A. He's cheap insurance if a rookie isn't ready day 1 or B. He's cheap insurance if a Carolina (or another QB needy team) offers the moon for 1.02. I don't thinl they were getting offers that where more attractive than that insurance.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:00 am

Agreed that it’s now 100% clear that the Jets are taking a QB- a thing that was only a mere 99.98% clear before this trade. If the Jets were keeping Darnold, they would have all of those picks from SF right now.

It would be hilarious if SF took Mac Jones.

Carolina is in a weird spot. The 5th QB could fall to them, but I don’t see how they trade up, unless it’s one spot with Detroit. I doubt Atlanta trades back within the division, and I don’t see Cincinnati or Miami moving back.

Denver makes a ton of sense for Garoppolo, but I don’t think we’ll see it until they fail to get a rookie in the draft. They’re still in striking range.

Cincinnati should just take Sewell. Don’t trade back, just take the LT and be stunned at your good fortune.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:07 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:00 am
Cincinnati should just take Sewell. Don’t trade back, just take the LT and be stunned at your good fortune.
My Joe Burrow stock agrees whole heartedly with you.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:41 am

Lumps wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:37 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:08 am Holy crap there is a bunch of chatter from some of the more plugged in draft experts saying SF is looking at Jones at 1.03. That’s got to be SF laying down a smoke screen, right?
I probably should have blocked you by now, but a smoke screen for what? For whom?

What????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please block me. I need a break from the emojis, even though they’re so totally awesome to the max.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:04 am

This could be what it looks like come draft night, what do you guys think? Atlanta, if they know they aren’t going QB, should definitely trade back but I could understand not wanting to trade with Carolina, but maybe some other team, would NE want to trade all the way up to #4? Top 10 could play out like this...

1) Jax-Lawrence
2) NYJ-Z.Wilson
3)SF- Lance or Fields- I think it’s definitely one of these two and not Mac Jones.
4)ATL- They need to trade out of this spot unless they are going whomever left between Lance or Fields. They could stay put and take Sewell or Pitts possibly.
5) Cinci- Sewell or Pitts.
6) Miami- J.Chase. They’ll get the player they wanted to begin with and picked up a couple of 1sts and 3rd, etc.
7) Detroit- D.Smith or J.Waddle. They could go QB but I think they will be picking even higher in 2022 to take one then.
8) Carolina- M.Jones or Pitts.They definitely want to trade up but I doubt that Atlanta will trade with them, so if they like Mac Jones, he might be here but with the hype building around him, I don’t know. They may have to go Pitts.
9) Denver- M.Parsons.
10)Dallas- Surtain II or R.Slater- Cowboys need another CB really bad and I’d be happy with Surtain II but R.Slater would be a really solid pick too, as I don’t think Tyron Smith has much time left, with reoccurring neck/back problems.

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:07 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:04 am This could be what it looks like come draft night, what do you guys think? Atlanta, if they know they aren’t going QB, should definitely trade back but I could understand not wanting to trade with Carolina, but maybe some other team, would NE want to trade all the way up to #4? Top 10 could play out like this...

1) Jax-Lawrence
2) NYJ-Z.Wilson
3)SF- Lance or Fields- I think it’s definitely one of these two and not Mac Jones.
4)ATL- They need to trade out of this spot unless they are going whomever left between Lance or Fields. They could stay put and take Sewell or Pitts possibly.
5) Cinci- Sewell or Pitts.
6) Miami- J.Chase. They’ll get the player they wanted to begin with and picked up a couple of 1sts and 3rd, etc.
7) Detroit- D.Smith or J.Waddle. They could go QB but I think they will be picking even higher in 2022 to take one then.
8) Carolina- M.Jones or Pitts.They definitely want to trade up but I doubt that Atlanta will trade with them, so if they like Mac Jones, he might be here but with the hype building around him, I don’t know. They may have to go Pitts.
9) Denver- M.Parsons.
10)Dallas- Surtain II or R.Slater- Cowboys need another CB really bad and I’d be happy with Surtain II but R.Slater would be a really solid pick too, as I don’t think Tyron Smith has much time left, with reoccurring neck/back problems.
yep i like it, maybe cowboys could go OT to protect dak prescott.

if atl trade down it will be with either carolina or denver
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:27 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:41 am

Please block me. I need a break from the emojis, even though they’re so totally awesome to the max.
I did that because I know you love it so much. But again, you just toss out some blind comment that no one understands without any logic.

Again, for what? For whom? The first 2 picks are basically solidified. They can do nothing about them. They JUST traded up. They don't have another 1st. Just.... what?

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:45 am

Lumps wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:27 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:41 am

I did that because I know you love it so much. But again, you just toss out some blind comment that no one understands without any logic.

Again, for what? For whom? The first 2 picks are basically solidified. They can do nothing about them. They JUST traded up. They don't have another 1st. Just.... what?
So you’re saying that SF is targeting Jones with pick 1.03? OK, where’s the logic behind giving up that much draft capital for a guy they could draft with a lower pick than that?

And how do we know with certainty that NYJ will draft Wilson?